• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

DNAbro

E3 won't be all NX. They have to provide content for consumers that don't have the money to buy the new console and keep their promise of not abandoning Wii U like the did the Wii.

which they can show here rather than at E3. They should be almost hyper focused on NX at E3. They need to sell that thing hard. And let's be real, they are going to drop the Wii U incredibly quick.

Red Devil

I'm wondering if we'll get a release date for Star Fox Zero.

Inbefore the Direct is exactly about what Nintendo claims it'll be, updates on 3DS and Wii U games we know and we have pages of people complaining by tomorrow that there no was no new games announcement or NX showcase.

Or they could just reveal them there for maximum impact.

No, they won't though. They can announce them now, on a Thursday in March where nothing else is happening, or they can announce them at E3 vs their own new hardware reveal, their new Legend of Zelda game, and a billion other huge games from third-parties and rival first-parties. This seems really clear cut to me!

Also, that Paper Mario is probably out in Japan a lot sooner than it is in the West. An E3 reveal probably wouldn't work for logistical reasons.

georly

I dont disagree.

It's likely that Zelda is coming NX too.

My point was that a Paper Mario reveal for Wii U isn't that big of deal compared to if it was coming to NX. But if it's a Wii U game I can see it being announced tomorrow or before E3.

Right, but announcing any and all remaining Wii U games at E3 seems a bit silly. They can still show up and have a decent presence post-reveal.

I don't think it's silly at all? Especially if it's a big holiday title. Is everyone assuming nintendo is just throwing everything in the trash and putting every single one of their eggs in the NX basket?

One way to get people to move over to your next system is to give them confidence the system will continue to be supported. Slashing and burning the old systems does not give Wii U customers confidence that they won't scrap NX as soon as they have a better idea.

If Starfox is not delayed tomorrow I swear yall better not post another tamaki rumor on this board running it as facts I swear!

The dude should stick to digging up past projects, cancelled and otherwise.

Jeez, he just said he heard someone say nintendo was discussing it. Telling the truth or not, there's no way to disprove it - don't get your panties in a knot.

MrV4ltor

which they can show here rather than at E3. They should be almost hyper focused on NX at E3. They need to sell that thing hard. And let's be real, they are going to drop the Wii U hard.

They still have games for it throughout 2016 tho. And you can say what Nintendo can or can't do, but we all know Nintendo gon' be Nintendo. People expected them to reveal the NX earlier this year and we still don't know shit and will probably be kept in the dark till E3.

Tomorrow EU citizens put aside the petty grievances they hold, as they find out when the battle to get hold of the FE:Fates CE begins in an even more petty battle!

emb

Timeline of BW info rollout:

29/01/2010 -- Announcement of a new game in development for Nintendo DS
07/02/2010 -- Silhouette of new movie Pokémon shown on Pokémon Sunday
10/02/2010 -- March issue of CoroCoro leaks and reveals Zorua and Zoroark
21/02/2010 -- Zorua and Zoroark formally revealed on Pokémon Sunday
02/04/2010 -- Pokémon Sunday preview promises information on the April 11th episode
09/04/2010 -- Name of the games ('Black' and 'White') and planned Q3 release announced via the website
10/04/2010 -- May issue of CoroCoro leaks and reveals the first information and some screenshots
18/04/2010 -- Pokémon Sunday shows a bit of video footage of the games
09/05/2010 -- Silhouettes of the starters shown on Pokémon Sunday
12/05/2010 -- CoroCoro leaks with info blowout -- region, starters, screenshots
16/05/2010 -- Battle footage shown on Pokémon Sunday
28/05/2010 -- Reshiram and Zekrom revealed, formal worldwide announcement of BW

After that, monthly revelations were as you might imagine. With SM, we're currently like that:

10/02/2016 -- CoroCoro leaks and reveals new movie Pokémon
14/02/2016 -- Magearna formally revealed worldwide
24/02/2016 -- Pokémon Direct announced
27/02/2016 -- Sun & Moon announced to be in development

Like with BW, announcement of the games and the first Pokémon (relevant to the upcoming movie) happened by the end of February, with not much else (except the titles, this time). In BW's case, real information started rolling out in April, with the games being planned to release in September. We're now upon a "late 2016" release date, which most likely means November. With that in mind, the first information could arrive anywhere between April and June. My guess is that we'll have something before E3, but probably not long before.

There's always a chance we see more new Pokémon before game info and screenshots though.
Do you have data for a similar comparsion to XY? I'd be curious to see it. After all, XY reveals were rolled out in a world with Nintendo Directs.

He never said it was going to be delayed, he said NCL are discussing it. Learn to read

I mean, even then that's such a vague non-statement that doesn't commit to anything either way (since discussions don't exclude the possibility of sticking to the original plan), so what's the point of even saying it? Just go hard or go home instead of the coy "MAYBE this MIGHT be happening!" nonsense that does nothing other than get the gaming community riled up for no reason.

E3 won't be all NX. They have to provide content for consumers that don't have the money to buy the new console and keep their promise of not abandoning Wii U like the did the Wii.
All evidence (including the trev leaks that are pretty much confirmed) suggests it is exactly the same situation for end of life wii u as it was for wii

I don't think it's silly at all? Especially if it's a big holiday title. Is everyone assuming nintendo is just throwing everything in the trash and putting every single one of their eggs in the NX basket?

One way to get people to move over to your next system is to give them confidence the system will continue to be supported. Slashing and burning the old systems does not give Wii U customers confidence that they won't scrap NX as soon as they have a better idea.

100% agreed, which is why they'll announce Paper Mario tomorrow. Burying it under their own new console hype is a far bigger bad faith movement with regards to continued support. As would waiting until June of 2016 to announce any new Wii U titles.

MrV4ltor

No, they won't though. They can announce them now, on a Thursday in March where nothing else is happening, or they can announce them at E3 vs their own new hardware reveal, their new Legend of Zelda game, and a billion other huge games from third-parties and rival first-parties. This seems really clear cut to me!

Also, that Paper Mario is probably out in Japan a lot sooner than it is in the West. An E3 reveal probably wouldn't work for logistical reasons.

You know what... We'll see tomorrow.

Ridley327

He never said it was going to be delayed, he said NCL are discussing it. Learn to read

He's discussing that there's a delay consideration that will be decided on by the end of the week. However, if there is a delay announcement in tomorrow's Direct, that already proves he's wrong since the delay was decided on long before this week. It's a no-win situation for him, and I'm not sure why you would go to bat for something that's easily discredited in either outcome.

Still feels weird not seeing Iwata doing it anymore. :(

Hoping Star Fox 0, Zelda and SMTIV: Final all get nice trailers and release dates.

MrV4ltor

Now watch everyone ignore the leak, hype themselves up to insane levels, expecting big reveals and then be disappointed tomorrow. The tears will be delicious and I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

So he said "nothing" no shit. That doesn't stop people from running with it and believing it's delayed indefinitely. Besides didnt he say it before and we had got the thread locked because the mods found it was speculation again? Yeah

Red Devil

You're late to the party, every Nintendo game ever is coming to the NX for no reason whatsoever.

Paper Mario wil be a holiday title, probably with an NX version too.

So them waiting for an E3 reveal makes too much sense.

See.

You know what... We'll see tomorrow.

The big, obvious way in which I'd be chatting shit here is if NX wasn't 2016, but Trev reckons it is and I'm inclined to follow his lead. And even then Nintendo could still save any Wii U announcements for E3, and save Wii U games to release around NX launch, but I think that'd be plain silly personally! (And I'm not a big fan of the "well Nintendo gonna Nintendo!" line of thought, it doesn't really mean anything.)

Sadist

Regarding the rumour from N1ntendo I posted;

nintendo-direct-lek-n1.jpg

A fellow GAF'er who wishes to stay anonymous just PM'ed me and told me that Nintendo of Europe's Direct PR email is called "Little Bird Announcement Blast." If you check the file pic at the link it says "Littlebird_template". Little Bird seems to be the code name for the Direct.

We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Oh sweet if this is true because of Lost Reavers. I still want to know if KOS-MOS is in the damn game or not. It is literally the only reason I had some form of interest in the game when I first saw the trailer. Time to clean up and tell us if she is in or not because it is driving me nuts.

jmizzal

So guys, I'll put this in the rumour bin, but a Dutch Nintendo site leaked the contents of the Direct tomorrow; (So, the EU Direct) They vouch for their source and seem 99% sure. This site leaked the first details about Castlevania for 3DS a few years back btw.

http://www.n1ntendo.nl/article/49966/1/exclusieve-wereldprimeur-inhoud-nieuwe-nintendo-direct-gelekt

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Lost Reavers (voorheen Project Treasure)
Mario & Sonic op de Olympische Spelen - Rio 2016
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Monster Hunter Generations
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

- Star Fox gets a first print edition (contents unknown)
- Super Nintendo games will finally be added to the 3DS eShop
- Monster Hunter X ---> Monster Hunter Generations
- And Monster Hunter Generations will have some Fire Emblem content

Lost Reavers YeS

georly

100% agreed, which is why they'll announce Paper Mario tomorrow. Burying it under their own new console hype is a far bigger bad faith movement with regards to continued support.

You can't just start the E3 press conference off with the NX bang - you need to build up to it. You announce your fall/holiday WiiU/3DS titles and then you finish with NX to seal the deal. Also, you guys make it sound like paper mario is Zelda-levels of hype. It's a spin-off.

Do you remember the last time they announced a paper mario game? E3 2012 - same E3 as the big Wii U blowout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWIa3kt2NpY It's just another footnote, not the next biggest and greatest nintendo flagship title. It's not going to detract from an NX reveal, and it's also not going to magically get buried.

Some of you are overestimating Paper Mario's value in Nintendo's current situation

Everything people want from them at E3 will be NX, NX and more NX. They know that and yes: while they will show some Wii U/3DS stuff there, the NX will be their main attraction this year

Bingo.

Regarding the rumour from N1ntendo I posted;

A fellow GAF'er who wishes to stay anonymous just PM'ed me and told me that Nintendo of Europe's Direct PR email is called "Little Bird Announcement Blast." If you check the file pic at the link it says "Littlebird_template". Little Bird seems to be the code name for the Direct.

We'll see tomorrow I guess.

This might be our first legitimate direct leak. Ever. Nintendo employing some moles recently, damn.

Nibel

Some of you are overestimating Paper Mario's value in Nintendo's current situation

Everything people want from them at E3 will be NX, NX and more NX. They know that and yes: while they will show some Wii U/3DS stuff there, the NX will be their main attraction this year

Josh5890

I know I will probably be killed for mentioning the "a-word" but it should be discussed.

Amiibo predictions:
Release date for last three Smash Amiibos
More Animal Crossing amiibos (cards and figures)
Another round of Skylanders x Amiibos
Star Fox amiibo integration
Probably one or two amiibo/game bundles announced.

MrV4ltor

Oh sweet if this is true because of Lost Reavers. I still want to know if KOS-MOS is in the damn game or not. It is literally the only reason I had some form of interest in the game when I first saw the trailer. Time to clean up and tell us if she is in or not because it is driving me nuts.

That game's been in beta/out in Japan for a few months already and I don't think I ever heard anything about KOS-MOS actually being in.

Wel, if that leak is true, Monster Hunter Generations, a Fire Emblem release date and SNES games coming to the N3DS is cool I guess.

I really want a DQ7 release date though :(

And the ninjas are slipping.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Pikmin 4 will be at this Direct.

Why???

Because why not???

I know people think it's an NX game but if I'm right, I will be celebrated like a god...for 10 minutes.

Top Bottom