• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

Lingitiz

I hope the showing for Star Fox Zero is a little more encouraging this time around. I want so much to like a new Star Fox game.

I can't believe this thread is only at 64 pages (for us poor plebeian 50-post seers, yes yes I got it)

There is just over half an hour left and I'm sneezing my face off over here, but I'm ready. Are we all expecting the Direct to be 45 minutes - 1 hour-ish? I hope so. More *content.*

Ito

3D World is a real Mario game.

Federation Force is not a real Metroid game.
Triforce Heroes is not a real Zelda game.

3d World is more like a classic Mario (from the SNES era) in 3d, which is great.

However, it doesn't quite follow the adventurous style started by Super Mario 64 and continued by Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2. Which is what people mean when they say that WiiU doesn't have a real Mario game.

We don't know anything about Federation Force other than the trailer we saw, Blast Ball and the Treehouse Live segment that covered two areas. It hasn't been shown, or playable in any form outside of this. We don't know enough to say whether it's a "real" Metroid game or not.

The only reasonable response is giving Next Level benefit of the doubt because their track record with Nintendo has been only excellent.

My bingo is ready:

RoaVXpN.jpg

It's a beautiful dream you've assembled on that card..... but I see that easy win you've assembled on the middle line.

Are you sure? I heard twitch doesn't archive streams anymore or something like that and I dont see the youtube link

Use the official links, not the twitch ones. They will be archived there in one form or another, just like all the previous ones.

Ekid

See my post above. It's entirely within the realm of possibility the releases shown will go up to August or later, but we really can't say either way because we don't know the extent to which the leak, if legit, covers the entirety of what will be shown. Less than 45 mins to go though!

Actually, Europe has no scheduled season for DQVII, only NA does. It's a huge game and NOE does Multi-5 translations, and is so behind with Yokai and Fates which have to be there too. It might be a bit later in Europe than North America.

The leak was for Europe, hence all the Fire Emblem stuff that likely won't be in the US one.

There was a rumor that DQ7 was hitting in June in the US. So, it's possible the US one will have it.

Ah thx I totally forgot DQ7 was gonna be EFIGS in Europe, I hope it won't be released too late in the year as there is a lot of game coming out. Guess we will be fixed in 30min anyway.

shaowebb

Culdcept Localization announcement please. That or announce the new Culdcept title that was teased is getting localized and releasing outside japan in english.

This would sell me any console they asked at any price. NO. EXCEPTIONS.

Are you sure? I heard twitch doesn't archive streams anymore or something like that and I dont see the youtube link

Heh went fast enough wasn't sure you'd see my edit. Yes, just use the main link, not the twitch link. It will be archived there just like all the other past directs.

finalflame

3d World is more like a classic Mario (from the SNES era) in 3d, which is great.

However, it doesn't quite follow the adventurous style started by Super Mario 64 and continued by Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2. Which is what people mean when they say that WiiU doesn't have a real Mario game.

I can see the distinction, for sure. I still would consider 3D World a mainline Mario game, not a spin-off. It's not Mario Co-Op Dungeons or Mario FPS.

With that said it definitely does not follow the same formula as the earlier proper 3D exploration Marios since 64. I hope the NX will bring a return to form on that front for the mainline Mario games.

I would only be hyped if it was 50 minutes long.

In no time, these Directs are halfway done and people keep mentioning how much is left in their fruitless attempts for salvation.

Oddduck

Didn't the leak say something about "developer interviews" for Star Fox and Federation Force?

If the leak is real, I hope those developer interviews don't take up half of the Nintendo Direct.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Other M was like a perfect storm of poor decisions. I like to think that no matter what he's said, Sakamoto has taken some valuable lessons from the reception of that game. plus, he's got the whole of Nintendo to reign him in on his next product.

he fucked up, lets get over it. he's still got one of the most respectable gameographies of anyone at Nintendo and absolutely deserves to continue to contribute to this series.

He doesn't want to make more Metroid games anyway, I don't think he is the kind of person who would alter his concept of Metroid just because it was completely rejected by players. He's happy to make Tomodachi Life, Wario aware, Rhythm Heaven etc and he's had great success doing that. Let someone else handle Metroid.

There is no coming back from Other M unless he explicitly disowned everything that happened in the game, that version of Samus must never be used again.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's a beautiful dream you've assembled on that card..... but I see that easy win you've assembled on the middle line.

Use the official links, not the twitch ones. They will be archived there in one form or another, just like all the previous ones.
Thanks

Top Bottom