• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

DNAbro

Isn't this length standard at this point? When was the last time we had a short direct that wasn't focused on one thing(like pokemon)

Been saying it all along. Y'all slep right now. Bout to get woke real quick. Lemmy allday.

sorry--i'm just really excited to have Nintendo news

Yukinari

Didn't the leak say something about "developer interviews" for Star Fox and Federation Force?

If the leak is real, I hope those developer interviews don't take up half of the Nintendo Direct.

Them wasting like 20 minutes on woolly world last E3 makes me afraid this is true.

sphinx

the piano man
this is probably the Direct that decides whether I buy a WiiU or I pass on it and buy aNX whenever it comes out.

if we get Zelda, it convinces me with its music and appearance and it clearly says WiiU

then it has to be done

Didn't the leak say something about "developer interviews" for Star Fox and Federation Force?

If the leak is real, I hope those developer interviews don't take up half of the Nintendo Direct.

Could be kind of cool. An attempt to improve people's perception, clear the water on these two games.

You think that a thursday afternoon in march is the time to reveal a proper metroid game? The big E3 metroid game last year was federation force, and that went over real well.

That said, my number 1 game from this is picross 3D 2. Followed by rhythm heaven the best and box boy 2. Everything else is gravy if I get any of those 3.

Want to see, not expect to see.

Oh shut up with this real game crap
Lemme guess, 3D World isn't a "real" Mario game either.
Triforce Heroes isn't a "real" Zelda game too

No, there's a reason I put real in quotation marks. It's less typing than "not Federation Force or some other spin-off game, but a main 2D game or maybe a new Metroid Prime or even something else that's in that lineage," and not some sort of judgement of what qualifies as worthy to hold the Metroid name.

pariah164

JP is 39 mins long
00001da818.png
d0eUmo0.png

Dis gon b gud. BELIEVE.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Are the other Directs around the same length as the Japanese ones usually?

Not necessarily. I think they are usually at least close, but sometimes Japan gets more time for announcements that don't show up elsewhere until later, or other ones are longer due to covering stuff already released in Japan.

OH MAAANNNNNNNNNN

Any American times yet?

Other M was like a perfect storm of poor decisions. I like to think that no matter what he's said, Sakamoto has taken some valuable lessons from the reception of that game. plus, he's got the whole of Nintendo to reign him in on his next product.

he fucked up, lets get over it. he's still got one of the most respectable gameographies of anyone at Nintendo and absolutely deserves to continue to contribute to this series.

Reading the Iwata Asks for Tomodachi Life gave me the impression he really was burned by the Other M reception (it wasn't referenced, but he mentioned something about sticking to more quirky games like TL).

Tookay

Given the fact that Nintendo has demonstrated it can stretch a couple of segments out to an interminable length, the fact that this Direct is 40 minutes long means nothing.

I wanted longer, but 41 minutes is still plenty
for Zelda news believe
. It's the first general Direct of the year (unless I'm forgetting something), so here comes the excitement!

maxcriden

You think that a thursday afternoon in march is the time to reveal a proper metroid game? The big E3 metroid game last year was federation force, and that went over real well.

That said, my number 1 game from this is picross 3D 2. Followed by rhythm heaven the best and box boy 2. Everything else is gravy if I get any of those 3.

I think you will get all 3 within 6 months of today, even if not all are in the Direct.

cloudyboy

Neo Member
curious to see what will be announced, hopefully some surprise, but I tend to overhype directs.

however 41 Minutes is quite long indeed!

Top Bottom