• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

If you're not a big fan of anime, like myself, this Direct offered very little new outside of the MK8 stuff. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the Direct and all, but it was unfortunately just as weak as expected :/

Yoshi88

Great Direct. They're really hitting the amiibo concept home with incorporating them everywhere and the smaller titles like Nintendo classics and AC:Home Designer.

Not many (big) new announcements but (watching the EU direct) they are really firing on all cylinders with so many close releases herer, great DLC AND updates and especially the new poll for SSB characters. I'm so glad, i got my Wii U and 3DS here :)

Getting Pandoras Tower for sure :)

RBuFsgc.png

I mean I knew the WiiU is dead outside a few digital offerings, but they now also drop the 3DS already? The EU lineup for the thing is absolutely pathetic. Sure was worth releasing that new revision, lol...

Brah

What more do you want?

RIP Wii U

Nice direct, lots of fun upcoming content for existing games, and SMTxFE looks hype, as does the next Fire Emblem. Also looking forward to playing DK64 for the first time.

Are amiibo preorders up yet in NA?

Eeeeeeh, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Unless you're REALLY into collect-a-thon 3D platformers.

jmizzal

Great Direct
Things I loved
Smash DLC being more then just Mewtwo
Fatal Frame U coming to America
SMTxFE shown off
N64 and DS VC

Wish we show Devils third and Xenoblade CX got dated but E3 is around the corner

Kansoku

General:
+ Smash Ballot
+ Splatoon
+ FE if
+++ SMT x FE
- No Metroid
- No Star Fox

NA Direct:
+ Fatal Frame
- No small New 3DS
- No Rhythm Heaven
8/10

JP Direct:
+ Bravely Second
+ RHYTHM HEAVEN BITCHES
11/10

WALKMAN04

Really disappointed they pushed mario kart and didn't add any battle tracks, because I am way better than my brother's and neighbor's at racing battle mode is the only thing that the level is fair for everyone so looks like its gonna be nothing new for us.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
What a flop direct.

DLC for two old games?
No real new announcements?
Teasing Bravely Default sequel but not confirming and still no word on Dragon Quest 7 3DS (it's dead lbr)?
LOOOOL @ Wool amiibos

It's hard being a Nintendo fan these days

Vire

Summary of today's direct:

1. DLC
2. Amiibos (Essentially micro transactions for Splatoon... locking away exclusive content for only those who purchase the figurine)
3. F2P Nintendo game (Pokemon Rumble)
4. Virtual Console announced for Wii U (Don't worry you still have to pay us for the upgrade fee if you bought the games already on Wii)
5. Zero new games announced.

I'm baffled why anyone was happy with this direct. Wii U remains on life support for 2015.

I literally lol'd at them showing a bunch of gimpy ways to make DS Virtual Console work on Wii U instead of just putting it on the 3DS.

Zomba13

Great direct. Was half expecting "lol april fools" because of how good it was.

Mewtwo looking great but MY MAN LUCAS!!!! Fuck yeah, can't keep the king down. AND A LUCAS AMIIBO! Best direct ever right off the bat.

Mii character and stage sharing is cool and more character costumes! PROTOMAN! SUPERER FIGHTINGEST ROBOT!

That SMTxFE looks great, major Persona vibes from the high school cast and alternate world where it looks like they get the powers of FE characters? Like FE is a game/TV show or something? Fights on a big stage? Great song and super hyped for that. Really enjoyed SMT4 so something that plays like that but with FE and what seems like a more Persona style seems fantastic.

New FE looks great with how they have the choice in the story. Gonna be interesting there plus I love the style, you have the traditional European FE country and then the one based on Japan going to war.

New MK DLC looking great and 200cc makes Mute City with Captain Falcon Mii and amiibo costume + Blue Falcon even close to F-Zero.

Mario Maker still looking strong.

Yoshi Yarn Amiibo almost killed me with cuteness and loving that Squid CE Amiibo.

F2P Pokémon Rumble could be worth a shot, Shuffle was good fun.

Maximo

RBuFsgc.png

I mean I knew the WiiU is dead outside a few digital offerings, but they now also drop the 3DS already? The EU lineup for the thing is absolutely pathetic. Sure was worth releasing that new revision, lol...
Hoping E3 Will change that but I have heard the Wait and See response so many times before.

Fatal Frame this year!
Fire Emblem Shin Megami Dingsbums this year!
Yoshi soon!
Splatoon very soon!

Wolly amiibo.

Loved this direct!

At E3 give me a Xenoblade X release in Aug or sep and Star Fox date.

Good:
Lucas confirmed, NoA has now trolled MOTHER 3 English release TWICE, new Fire Emblem looks good (So long as the "obviously evil" side actually becomes pretty grey if you play as them), Mewtwo looks sleek, and Splatoon continues to be good, Inkling girl amiibo @_@

Bad:
Was actually pretty upset how SMT x FE turned out.
Smash voting will result in an Internet Bloody Kansas

man what a disappointing Direct, huge thread for card games, anime and DLC, its seems the nintedno fanbase or what's left of it is so easy to please.

Smash DLC is all I needed see - Mewtwo, Lucas, and patch that includes character balancing! :)

Mario Kart 8 is also a pleasant surprise to see moved up into April. Extremely happy.

Top Bottom