• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

Jethro

Shibata to announce special gamescom guest. Miyamoto, Iwata and Reggie.

Miyamoto "I need new Inspiration for Zelda by visiting Castle Neuschwanstein"

krizzx

Wii U price drop please

The price is already dropped in plenty of places including Amazon. You could have bought it at a lower price long ago.

Of course, from what I've come to understand, most people don't want a price drop for the Wii U in regards to purchasing it. They want a price drop because it would look bad for Nintendo. They still wouldn't by one as they already can buy it at lower price in a lot of place.

I hoping info on monolith's X is there though.

SirShandy

Wow, just in time for a new Nintendo direct.

Long time reader, first time poster here. I can only hope to contribute to the fair, thoughtful, and high quality of discussion that NeoGAF is known for. I greatly enjoy and try to experience all forms of interactive media provided by the various companies and manufacturers, and greatly anticipate tomorrow's informational offering by Nintendo.

Also, just wanted to say thanks to each and everyone at neogaf for having already set the foundation for a balanced and non-hostile environment for gaming discussion.

L.O.R.D

please nintendo, pleeease ...

announce the free region for 3DS, Wii U already
not even mario 3D or price cut could save you
i am the gene of the lamp
BUT IF YOU WISH YOU SELL YOUR STUFF, YOU HAVE TO GIVE SOMETHING IN RETURN

TOKA KOKA

PLEASE UNDERSTAND !!!

GulAtiCa

I hope for more 30 cent vc releases,pikmin dlc and secret codes, special edition legend of zelda xl, release dates on some games.Though new footage of some games would do.

Imagine 30 cent VC continues with GC, N64, Saturn Dreamcast titles! Believe!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Every Nintendo Direct in recent memory (that wasn't specific to one game) has delivered some kind of surprise. It might be that the Summer update is coming sooner then expected, the E3 demoes displayed at Best Buy are coming to the eShop, or even an announcement of a new game (Nintendo's first free-to-play is long overdue for an unveiling).

tolkir

Imagine 30 cent VC continues with GC, N64, Saturn Dreamcast titles! Believe!

LarryDavid-faint-CurbYourEnthusiasm-fall-passout-1348523706L.gif

The price is already dropped in plenty of places including Amazon. You could have bought it at a lower price long ago.

Of course, from what I've come to understand, most people don't want a price drop for the Wii U in regards to purchasing it. They want a price drop because it would look bad for Nintendo. They still wouldn't by one as they already can buy it at lower price in a lot of place.

A couple random retailers dropping the price without fanfare, sometimes for brief periods, is not the same as an announced, publicized price drop. And just because you want one at a lower price doesn't mean you could access one of the price-dropped stores, or that the store had stock left.

Some people are also hesitating to see if Nintendo sweetens the pot at all. Bundling in games for example, or if they revise the Wii U hardware in some way, such as improving the battery in the controller.

Hell, since the Basic version has disappeared from the market, the official baseline Wii U price has gotten even higher than before. The $299 SKU started disappearing about two months ago, and now a lot of retailers only have the $349 SKU.

No, people aren't waiting just because they have something against Nintendo. Some people want to legitimately see Nintendo drop the price, officially.

jmizzal

Every Nintendo Direct in recent memory (that wasn't specific to one game) has delivered some kind of surprise. It might be that the Summer update is coming sooner then expected, the E3 demoes displayed at Best Buy are coming to the eShop, or even an announcement of a new game (Nintendo's first free-to-play is long overdue for an unveiling).

Yup every single on of the main ND has had at least one surprise, I can see it being the f2p game or Yarn Yoshi first trailer or maybe even DQX coming to NA and Europe.

I'm gonna guess...
-Rayman Legends
-Splinter Cell
-The Wonderful 101
-Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
-Mario 3D World
-Sonic Lost World
-Maybe some smaller eShop games. I could see Spin the Bottle being featured with Reggie and Bill playing some of the weird mini games.

MegalonJJ

Banned
In a surprise announcement, Nintendo reveals that Mario Kart 8 will launch this fall instead of next year!

I seriously think Iwata should make this happen. Make sure the core game works and cut any content that can't be finished, then release said content when finished as "free dlc".

MarkusRJR

All I expect is W101 talk, release dates, the delayed "summer" update, more Pokemon/Zelda info, a recap of their line up (yet again...) and new Wii U bundles (no more basic, white premium being released). If we're lucky maybe we'll even get a price drop.

Exile20

I seriously think Iwata should make this happen. Make sure the core game works and cut any content that can't be finished, then release said content when finished as "free dlc".

So do you buy the game for $60 at first with the promise of free dlc until the game is complete or buy the game for $20 or $30 first and the rest as paid dlc?

Haines

Banned
This is 10 AM my time. I will be on the couch with the wifey enjoying it.

The question is, what should we grab as a snack for this? Has to be half healthy, just binged yesterday.

She said she hasnt tried apple chips before, maybe that will fuel us for this direct!

This is 10 AM my time. I will be on the couch with the wifey enjoying it.

The question is, what should we grab as a snack for this? Has to be half healthy, just binged yesterday.

She said she hasnt tried apple chips before, maybe that will fuel us for this direct!

Go with some steamed veggies, and throw some Old Bay on that shit for flava. Works like a charm, addictive as hell and moderately healthy (you don't need much, and to overload would crush sodium intake).

MegalonJJ

Banned
So do you buy the game for $60 at first with the promise of free dlc until the game is complete or buy the game for $20 or $30 first and the rest as paid dlc?

Apologies, I should have clarified. I don't support that practice/not a fan of it, but from Nintendo's perspective they could rush the game for a holiday release and then later announce the "free dlc" for spring (as purely a marketing spin on a rushed title). Dlc being additional tracks and modes, with core experience being available from the outset, i.e. GP, online, battle modes, leaderboards etc.

Edit: as for price, I'm guessing $50.

Kouriozan

And where is the code? I'm playing Pikmin 3 (I'm around half of the game) and I haven't watch anything :(

You get those yellow "tutorial" cards, some of them will be secret memos.
They'll generally be harder to get than the normal one, like throwing all your captains or hidden inside mushrooms.

Darryl

Banned
can't imagine they're going to announce much. it could be a panic announcement to low Pikmin 3 / Wii U sales. looking at google trends, it looks like there was a strong spike of interest in Pikmin. although looking at Twitch, few seem to care enough to watch it.

low - Pikmin 3 updates, japanese game localization talk for 3DS
mid - Yoshi Yarn footage, Smash character announcement, Mother 3
high - Zelda U, robotic pokemon announcement, Mother 4

73V3N

Banned
can't imagine they're going to announce much. it could be a panic announcement to low Pikmin 3 / Wii U sales. looking at google trends, it looks like there was a strong spike of interest in Pikmin. although looking at Twitch, few seem to care enough to watch it.

low - Pikmin 3 updates, japanese game localization talk for 3DS
mid - Yoshi Yarn footage, Smash character announcement, Mother 3
high - Zelda U, robotic pokemon announcement, Mother 4

Your "high" should include mother 3 too. :p

guek

Banned
Account system
Ending region lock
Zelda wiiu
Wii u price drop to 99cents
Smash for 2013
Retro not making fucking donkey kong after all
Kamiya on starfox
Nintendo buys atlus
Wiiu 8GB gddr5 ram pack
Ten new miyamoto ips
Abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Would be real nice to see some more Link Between Worlds footage. As a Zelda fan, I always seem to forget about that game.

Also, Flipnote 3D might come out along with the Direct. Totally looking forward to that.

Frodo

Would be real nice to see some more Link Between Worlds footage. As a Zelda fan, I always seem to forget about that game.

Also, Flipnote 3D might come out along with the Direct. Totally looking forward to that.

Talking about Flipnote 3D, what about the Art Academy for the Wii U? Is it coming this year? It went completely under the radar during the E3 period.

Edit: beaten!

Nibel

Account system
Ending region lock
Zelda wiiu
Wii u price drop to 99cents
Smash for 2013
Retro not making fucking donkey kong after all
Kamiya on starfox
Nintendo buys atlus
Wiiu 8GB gddr5 ram pack
Ten new miyamoto ips
Abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

I'm against a ND Zelda Wii U reveal

Zelda deserves a big stage

Frodo

The internet is the biggest stage of them all guy.

This. But since it won't come out until the end of 2014/beginning of 2015 earliest I can't see it being announced anywhere but on the next E3. It wont be announced before they release WW and ALBW, for sure.

Darryl

Banned
I'm against a ND Zelda Wii U reveal

Zelda deserves a big stage

best off being announced in a gaming news drought when it isn't competing with anything to be the next big thing people are talking about, which actually may be now.

Top Bottom