• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

Erv

rKv8R09.jpg

believe
What Kirby game is that?

ido

I know this is [probably] going to be strictly for games coming out this year, but holy fucking shit do I need more X information.

Has Soraya Saga tweeted anything yet? Fuck me for not knowing japanese, imo.

A one that never got through concept stages.

To be more specific, it was actually one of THREE Kirby games that HAL was working on during the GameCube era that never got completed. Here's the story:

As for that 11-year gap between home console Kirby games, right after Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, we immediately began working on a new Kirby game. That was during the time of the Nintendo GameCube system, and screen shots were shown at the E3.

But after that, it never got updated, and I'm sure some people would wonder and ask, "Whatever happened to that?" To some, it had become an object of mystery.

Actually, there are three lost Kirby games. The first one is the one that pictures were shown of at E3. It was a Kirby game based on the concept of four-person simultaneous gameplay. That was when I learned how difficult it is to make a game that is both multi-player and single-player.

pQnmeZY.jpg

(Originally supposed to be released in late 2003)

The second one was an experiment with extremely challenging gameplay that placed Kirby in 3D space and allowed players to freely move around. But unfortunately, we weren't able to achieve the quality we hoped for and it never reached completion.

MAvXz5Y.jpg

The third one involved an animated Kirby sort of like a pop-up book. We renewed the Copy Abilities, and tried to power it up. We spent 11 years… making and abandoning these three games.

WUEfXbt.jpg

During that time, screen shots were shown and release dates went unannounced for a long time. Then the Nintendo GameCube system changed to the Wii console. Miyamoto-san says that video games are something you never really complete. It's hard when a game simply refuses to come together.

We wanted to bring it out when the fans wanted, but the movement wouldn't feel right or we wanted to deliver more of a surprise to the fans, and we couldn't bring one out in final form. We experienced that difficulty for 11 years.

Vexxan

Was Bravely Default ever confirmed to be pushed to 2014 for Europe or could we expect them to say that tomorrow? Pretty sure I heard something about that not too long ago...

Nevertheless, always hyped for ND.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Was Bravely Default ever confirmed to be pushed to 2014 for Europe or could we expect them to say that tomorrow? Pretty sure I heard something about that not too long ago...

Well, Nintendo recently listed BD with a 2014 release date, but today BD's official twitter said it would be out in 2013 in Europe. So.... confusion abounds.

Oersted

Release-list by Nintendo. So yeah, confirmed.

noal

Banned
It'll be nice just to see some up to date footage of the already announced games.

It seems too close to E3 to have too many surprises in this one; maybe in the next.

Sakura

Looks like I'll be pulling another all nighter to watch.
I wonder if they will talk about the Summer update for the Wii U. There was supposed to be one wasn't there?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
People are still hyping themselves for Nintendo Directs? Especially after the E3 comedy? Wow...

Virtually every single high profile Nintendo first party game is now announced through a Nintendo Direct.

GulAtiCa

People are still hyping themselves for Nintendo Directs? Especially after the E3 comedy? Wow...

One slightly disappointing ND makes the other from this year, not to mention the one from 2 weeks ago, no longer good? The vast majority of these are very good in one way or another.

Im ready for Nintendo announcing they took Megaman, Demon's Crest and Castlevania from Capcom.

What if the announcement is followed by "and Mercury Steam will be our new Castlevania provider"?

Because they bought them.

Anyway, any time I get to see Iwata's hair I am a happy monkey.

Even graying that man has style.

JaseMath

If NSMBU2 is announced - especially so close to the prior entry - I will get rid of my Wii U, I swear to God I will.

upandaway

Aw man I'm at work again. Garn dosh it.

Not really sure what I want from this, pretty sure I'm only gonna get Pokemon for the rest of the year. Also didn't know about BD pushed to 2014, that sucks.

Nerokis

Nintendo had already played many of their cards in a number of other amazing NDs, and the E3 ND was only even marginally disappointing because people weren't very receptive to 3D World and Tropical Freeze. I think it's reasonable to be excited.

Nintendo had already played many of their cards in a number of other amazing NDs, and the E3 ND was only even marginally disappointing because people weren't very receptive to 3D World and Tropical Freeze. I think it's reasonable to be excited.

I will never get the negative reception to 3D World. TF I get. I wanted Retro working on something that put their artistic talents to full use. Instead we got a look at a pretty, but not astounding DKC.

What comedy???

You mean the terrible stream quality???

It's Nintendo and new news on games.

It's not like they show new footage or have new news on games every day.

I mean last time I checked, some major sites even made fun of Nintendos super secret that they had at E3...which was the Wii fit girl in smash bros. But when it came to the E3 Direct itself, people were expecting SO much because they didn't have a big conference so the DIrect(s) HAD to be good...which was not.

I play games on Nintendo platforms regularly, but many people I know were disappointed myself included.

I mean last time I checked, some major sites even made fun of Nintendos super secret that they had at E3...which was the Wii fit girl in smash bros. But when it came to the E3 Direct itself, people were expecting SO much because they didn't have a big conference so the DIrect(s) HAD to be good...which was not.

I thought it was very good.

No surprises but high quality titles.

Most of the games shown look like "9" games to me.

RetroGreg

I think the lineup is pretty set for the rest of the year. I bet this just goes into more detail on games already announced for the near future.

GBA 3DS VC? Account system?

lol, what am I saying. I'm not getting hyped for this because I will be inevitably and woefully disappointed.

Top Bottom