• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

Not

Banned
Arghhhh, I just realized NOA's stream is probably going to be balls again. Another thing they have a terrible track record with. The US stream for E3 was unwatchable, had to rely on the simultaneous UK Direct

I expect lots of apologizing and "we will talk more about this at a later date"

Also GameCube ambassador program. 10 titles, one per month.

GulAtiCa

Arghhhh, I just realized NOA's stream is probably going to be balls again. Another thing they have a terrible track record with. The US stream for E3 was unwatchable, had to rely on the simultaneous UK Direct

That was only the E3 one though, all others have been fine for most part.

I'd be down with that is if the game is the true successor to Mario Galaxy.
Mario Party 10 with Galaxy themed boards

Serplux said:
Isn't it about time one of the more minor handheld series gets a 3DS entry? Like Starfy or something?
Not that it's in any way minor, but I'm a little surprised Kirby hasn't had a 3DS game yet, given there have been 3 DS games (4 if you count Super Star Ultra)

I honestly think we will get a new character announcement for Smash Bros. I would like to see some more X stuff, W101, and some things to look forward to for the 3DS. Most or all of this would make my day and I think I have realistic expectations.

Kouriozan

Isn't there one last 3DS game to be released this year we know nothing about?
It might be from an old Direct or interview, but they said that 10 first party 3DS games are/will be released in 2013 I think.

Nerokis

I'm not necessarily expecting bombs. Among the games we already know about, though, there's plenty of room for interesting new footage and information. I want to see more on Pokemon X/Y, Bayonetta 2, A Link Between Worlds, WW HD, 3D World, Bravely Default, SMT X FE, and many other upcoming games. So I'm sure I'll enjoy this.

It's hard to imagine any megaton game announcements, but I'm holding out hope for something big system side. The eventual introduction of unified accounts, maybe?

Sendou

The press release sent out earlier today basically confirms nothing really new.

Well last time we had Direct on Wii U/3DS Spring/Summer titles announcing Sonic Lost World (coming this fall) and Sonic & Mario at Olympics Games 2014 (this winter). I would never rule out some surprise announcement at Direct no matter what they say. Is it likely? Probably not.

drspeedy

Don't worry- the lack of announcements will be far easier to swallow if the stream is unwatchable.

AniHawk

it's always hilarious to see a thread like this with the topic revealed specifically to be discussing things we already know, and the post count in the several hundreds after just a few hours.

anyway, i'm in for more zelda tww hd + albw details.

Mileena

Banned
it's always hilarious to see a thread like this with the topic revealed specifically to be discussing things we already know, and the post count in the several hundreds after just a few hours.

anyway, i'm in for more zelda tww hd + albw details.
New Wind Waker details: its still Wind Waker, its still not that good.

F-Zero GX on GC Virtual Console for Wii U ambassadors. Miiverse for 3DS. Cross compatibility for Virtual Console games pre-N64.

Or just 30 minutes of Wonderful 101. That'd be okay too.

The 3DS still needs something Kirby-related.

rKv8R09.jpg

believe

Volotaire

Nintendo GAF unite! Hype!

Even with no new announced games, would like some info on Donkey Kong and Super mario 3D World.

Busaiku

Most of the Directs were fine.
The E3 one was definitely an anomaly.

Fuck yes..NSMBU2...

Even better: MORE NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DLC, out this Winter, only on Wii U.

Are you hyped? Please enjoy it.

And don't forget to please buy the Wii U soon.

I predict the following.

USA
  • An exact release date for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • A Pokemon X/Y Bundle.
  • A final look at Mario & Luigi: Dream Team which shows off a new area in the game.
  • An exact release date for Mario Party for the 3DS along with a final title for it.
  • Localization for that Mario AR Picture APP, Denpa Men 3, and the AR Chibi Robo title.
  • A trailer of "hot upcoming third party 3DS games that includes Senran Kagura Burst, Etrian Odyssey Untold, and others.
  • A little bit about the Streetpass Plaza titles and the Streetpass Relay.
  • A confirmation on unified accounts/miiverse 3DS that says "Winter."
  • A small look at Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, and the White Deluxe sets.
  • Some kind of Virtual Console Announcement for the Wii U. Most likely Sega Genesis titles.

Well, that's my predictions. There you go.

If you add "Wind Waker HD release date" and "A brief look at Pokemon X/Y," and take away that bit about 3DS localization news, I will agree with this.

I've always kept my expectations abysmally low for these kinds of things.

As a result, I often tend to be pleasantly surprised. For example, I thought Nintendo's E3 Direct was great! :)

Drago

I forgot about the Chibi Robo 3DS game, I hope that gets localized here. Doesn't seem too likely to me though.

Top Bottom