• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2012

Lijik

Yeah, I like how you can't tell the difference between a PAL version of a new game and a Virtual Console game. It's cute.

Oh I can. For one the complaining about a game theres already multiple ways to play.
The other is people complaining about a game they have no way to play at all.

One is fairly reasonable. The other is you.

If you want a rom dump that bad, just buy the cartridge off of amazon or something. Stop shitting up the thread with your complaining and then complaining about similar complaining on top of that. Its absurd.

Roto13

Oh I can. For one the complaining about a game theres already multiple ways to play.
The other is people complaining about a game they have no way to play at all.

One is fairly reasonable. The other is you.

If you want a rom dump that bad, just buy the cartridge off of amazon or something. Stop shitting up the thread with your complaining and then complaining about similar complaining on top of that. Its absurd.
Don't be an idiot. I'm not going to buy a cartridge for a game that's coming in a cheaper, more convenient form, and could easily be out that way already if Nintendo had just decided to release it already. I also have the cartridge already. I'm not going to play it on a non-backlit battery-sucking Game Boy. I'd rather pay the few dollars for a download. Because that's supposed to be one of the reasons to own a 3DS.

And complaining that there aren't enough Virtual Console games on the service is completely reasonable and valid. They're not doing enough with the service. Meanwhile, Renegade Kid is doing what they can with Mutant Mudds, and it's stupid to bitch that they're not working fast enough.

There's absolutely nothing reasonable about complaining that a small developer isn't rushing out the PAL version of their game faster than they can. The next time you feel like complaining that a game isn't out yet, ask yourself why. If the answer is "It's not ready," wait. If it's "They haven't hit the switch yet," feel free to get annoyed.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I think we all need to step back and relax.

Does it suck that the games we want aren't out in our regions? Yes.

Is complaining going to do anything about it? No.

Is Nintendo messing up the releases? Probably.

But until all of our needs are met, let's just relax and act all civilised and whatnot.

Wow what? It's the truth. It's a platformer, not a Bioware RPG. Any halfway decent translator could absolutely translate every line of text in the game in the span of a normal work day. I've translated entire book chapters in less time than that.

Roto13

Wow what? It's the truth. It's a platformer, not a Bioware RPG. Any halfway decent translator could absolutely translate every line of text in the game in the span of a normal work day. I've translated entire book chapters in less time than that.

Yes, the actual text would not take very long to translate. Adding that text to the game is another step. As is adding the ability to change text, bug checking, getting PEGI certification and then submitting it to Nintendo so hey can run their own QA, and I'm sure a bunch of other things I'm missing.

There's more to it than running the script through Google Translate.

jgkspsx

Beat Kid Icarus for the first time ever using the fixed controls in the 3D classics version. Yes, I feel cheap about it, but I don't think I'll be going back to the butterfoot version anytime soon.

How the heck do you get the credit card, though? EDIT: Oh, the stupid pot game. I have never gotten through that entire thing, and probably never will.

Portugeezer

Oh my god I wish you people would stop bitching about fucking Mutant Mudds. They're working on it, ok? It takes time. They're a small team. It won't be out any time soon, and whining about it constantly isn't going to make it come out any sooner.

Every other goddamn post is complaining about Mutant Mudds or VVVVVV and it's getting so damn old.
Suck my testicles.

I don't care whether it annoys you, all I know is still no fucking Mutant Mudds.

Zee-Row

Banned
Beat Kid Icarus for the first time ever using the fixed controls in the 3D classics version. Yes, I feel cheap about it, but I don't think I'll be going back to the butterfoot version anytime soon.

How the heck do you get the credit card, though? EDIT: Oh, the stupid pot game. I have never gotten through that entire thing, and probably never will.

Theres a simple trick to always beat the treasure rooms. http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Chamber

Zee-Row

Banned
Thanks! I'll try that next playthrough.

Does the black market guy steal from you sometimes? I tried to buy the barrel from him, he took my money, but I was never able to buy more revive bottles.
He marks up the prices of items if you try to get him to lower them. He also tries to sell you your items that were stolen from you by enemies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

vid

When I bought my 3DS a week and a half ago, I immediately prepared my wallet to splurge on a great Virtual Console library, so I could have some of my favorite classic titles available at a moment's notice. It was a sore disappointment to find such a paltry selection to choose from a full year after release, and that a lot of the games I was really looking forward to picking up are still only for people with Ambassador status.

...though it's had the side effect of me checking this thread constantly, hoping to see exciting news.

Jarsonot

I've got about $45 in eshop money just sitting there, for about a month now.

I'm hoping Nintendo sees that (and everyone else's) money not moving, and decides to do something about it. =)

Give me a reason, Nintendo! I'm itching to pull the trigger!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)

I'm hoping Nintendo sees that (and everyone else's) money not moving, and decides to do something about it.
While I get your point, there is a rather large selection of good DSiWare titles waiting if you really want to pull the proverbial trigger.

Jarsonot

While I get your point, there is a rather large selection of good DSiWare titles waiting if you really want to pull the proverbial trigger.

I've downloaded a good amount already =)

I've got everything I want that's available, now am waiting for some new (old) games to play.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And finally we Europeans can stop moaning about something!

Colors! 3D for Nintendo 3DS™, launched in the Nintendo eShop on April 5 is currently topping the US Nintendo eShop sales charts. The reception has been phenomenal with high-scoring reviews from all around.

“Colors! 3D is a must own app on the Nintendo 3DS for anyone that is artistically inclined”, Review by Game Chronicles, 9/10

“The perfect download for artistic 3DS owners”, Review by IGN, 9/10

The Colors! 3D community has already uploaded over 10000 3D paintings to the Colors! Gallery, with no signs of slowing down.

Today we are proud to announce that Colors! 3D will be released in Europe and Australia on April 19 and will be available in the Nintendo eShop for €6. It’s a great pleasure to see Colors! 3D available in all our target territories. The Colors! 3D development has been a long one, but we couldn’t be happier now that we can finally get this in the hands of our community.

This development started as a prototype back in 2007, and with Colors! 3D, it finally feels like Colors! has grown up and become what we always intended it to. And we’re not done yet. We will keep improving the community features to try to make this the one must-have title for your Nintendo 3DS. So stay tuned for painting challenges and other upcoming community features for Colors! 3D.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
And finally we Europeans can stop moaning about something!

Colors! 3D for Nintendo 3DS™, launched in the Nintendo eShop on April 5 is currently topping the US Nintendo eShop sales charts. The reception has been phenomenal with high-scoring reviews from all around.

“Colors! 3D is a must own app on the Nintendo 3DS for anyone that is artistically inclined”, Review by Game Chronicles, 9/10

“The perfect download for artistic 3DS owners”, Review by IGN, 9/10

The Colors! 3D community has already uploaded over 10000 3D paintings to the Colors! Gallery, with no signs of slowing down.

Today we are proud to announce that Colors! 3D will be released in Europe and Australia on April 19 and will be available in the Nintendo eShop for €6. It’s a great pleasure to see Colors! 3D available in all our target territories. The Colors! 3D development has been a long one, but we couldn’t be happier now that we can finally get this in the hands of our community.

This development started as a prototype back in 2007, and with Colors! 3D, it finally feels like Colors! has grown up and become what we always intended it to. And we’re not done yet. We will keep improving the community features to try to make this the one must-have title for your Nintendo 3DS. So stay tuned for painting challenges and other upcoming community features for Colors! 3D.
About time.

@MUWANdo

Banned

I'm hoping Nintendo sees that (and everyone else's) money not moving, and decides to do something about it. =)

Give me a reason, Nintendo! I'm itching to pull the trigger!

The whole idea behind staggering the release of their back catalogue is to make people like you spend money on games that they otherwise wouldn't, purely because they're sick of never buying anything, and then having to restock when something genuinely good comes out.

There's a very simple and very effective way to send a message to Nintendo about their digital output: don't give them your money until they release something you actually want. They don't profit when you buy a game, they profit when you buy a currency card, or add cash to the purse, regardless of whether or not you ever spend that money, so the best course of action is to only buy games you know you want (rather than impulse-buying crap purely because you're sick of waiting for something else to show up) and to pay in exact amounts via credit card.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo | NES | €5.00 | £4.50) Upcoming (04/12)

Wii | Virtual Console

• Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Online Enabled) (Capcom | Genesis | 800 Points) Upcoming (04/12)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Crystal Caverns of Amon-Ra (Selectsoft | 500 Points | €5.00 | £4.50) Upcoming (04/12)
  • I Must Run! (Gamelion | 200 Points | €2.00 | £1.80) Upcoming (04/12)

90sRobots

Goddammit I really shouldn't buy LOZ but it would look so very nice next to Link's Awakening and Four Swords.

Thanks for the updates as always Brazil.

EDIT: Didn't see the giant EUROPE letters. My point still stands!

jgkspsx

Sooo... did anybody get The Rifle's Spiral Pt 2? It's BS that they split it up to start with - are we really only getting the first half of the song?? :|

gerudoman

Cave Story for DSiWare was scheduled to come out in Europe last month, I guess we will never get it. Sigh.

Sorry for the OT, but talking about Kid Icarus 3D and apart from the improved controls, is there any other modifications which makes the game easier than the original? I've finished the game using both controls and honestly don't understand how it can be considered a really dificult game. Some jumps with the old controls are tricky, but that's all.

Man, so much good stuff this week!
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - APRIL 12, 2012

April 12, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop
Ketzal's Corridors – The evil god Koruptal has brought chaos and destruction to the spirit world, and it's up to you to put things right. Use speed, skill and lightning-fast reflexes in this engaging, action-packed puzzle game. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo Video
"Underneath the Sycamore" by Death Cab For Cutie (available April 14 at 9 a.m. PT) – With an old-time comic book feel, this unique 3D music video is set to an incredible song and follows a tragic investigation. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
Anne's Doll Studio: Tokyo Collection (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloadMs5qUt9c.php

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
I mean I'll probably buy Thruspace 2 since the first one was so excellent, but seriously, WTF NOA?!?!?!

Javier

I got an email from the store I preordered Kid Icarus Uprising from (zmart.cl) saying that they just got a deal so everyone who got the game from them gets the code for the free Kid Icarus 3D Classic. This wasn't part of the deal when I originally bought the game so it's a nice bonus.

TehOh

Ketzal's Corridors looks kind of interesting. Any word on how good it is? Seems like a complete stealth release compared to Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, or Dillon.

I think next week we will only get one Nintendo Video, and the week after Nintendo will announce a system update that will activate NIN <--- trying to be optimistic :/

Top Bottom