• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

More Neo-Geo will be incoming then.....excellent. Does anybody have a list of JPN VC titles that have not been released in NA.....I understand it's really long lol.
Well they have over 200 more titles then the US does, it'll take me awhile to sort out the list, however while I was bored I've spent the last 20 mins getting a list of all the games on the Japan VC for the 3DS that aren't out in the US. Some of the games on here are in PAL but aren't on the NA one.

Game Boy
Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shūgō! (Downtown Special: Its Kunio's Period Piece, Assemble Everyone!) - Arc System Works
Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu: Kyōteki! Dōkyū Senshi no Maki (Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club: Fierce Rival! Episode of the Dodge Soldiers) - Arc System Works
Heracles no Eikō: Ugokidashita Kamigami (Glory of Heracles: The Gods Began to Move - The Snap-Story) - Paon
Zoids Densetsu - Takara Tomy
Bikkuri Nekketsu Shin Kiroku! Dokodemo Kin Medal (The Astonishing New Records of Nekketsu! Portable Gold Medal) - Arc System Works
Trip World - Sunsoft
Selection: Erabareshi Mono - Kemco
Ikari no Yōsai 2 (The Fortress of Fury 2) - Hamster
Nekketsu! Beach Volley da yo: Kunio-kun = Arc System Works
Hoshi no Kirby 2 (Kirby of the Stars 2) - Nintendo
Quarth - Konami
Ganbare Goemon: Kurofune Tou no Nazo (Go Goemon: Mystery of the Black Ship Gang) - Konami
Dracula Densetsu (The Legend of Dracula) - Konami
Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Dokodemo Daiundōkai (Downtown Nekketsu March: The Great Portable Athletic Meet) - Arc System Works
Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu (Kirby's Sparkling Kids) - Nintendo
TwinBee Da!! (It's TwinBee!!) - Konami
Ganbare Goemon: Sarawareta Ebisumaru! (Go Goemon: Kidnapped Ebisumaru!) - Konami
Bomberman GB 3 - Konami
Pri Pri: Primitive Princess! - Sunsoft
Nekojara Monogatari - Kemco
Nekketsu Kōkō Soccer Bu: World Cup Hen (Nekketsu High School Soccer Club: World Cup Edition) - Arc System Works
Nekketsu Kōha Kunio-kun: Bangai Rantō Hen (Hot-Blooded Tough Guy Kunio: The Further Brawls) - Arc System Works

Game Boy Color
Trade & Battle: Card Hero - Nintendo
Balloon Fight GB - Nintendo (We do have the none colour version of the game however)
Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible - Atlus
Wario Land 3: Fushigi na Orgel (Wario Land 3: The Mysterious Music Box) - Nintendo
Koto Battle: Tengai no Moribito - AlphaDream

Game Gear
G Sonic - Sega
Sonic Labyrinth - Sega
In the Wake of Vampire - SIMS
Shadam Crusader: Harukanaru Oukoku - Sega
Columns - Sega

Famicom
Zelda no Densetsu 2: Link no Bōken (The Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure) - Nintendo
Ice Climber - Nintendo
Rockman - Capcom
Super Mario Bros. 2 - Nintendo
Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light) - Nintendo
Rockman 2: Dr. Wily no Nazo (Rockman 2: The Mystery of Dr. Wily) - Capcom
Mario Open Golf - Nintendo
Balloon Fight - Nintendo
Yoshi no Tamago (Yoshi's Egg) - Nintendo
Ninja Ryūkenden (The Legend of the Ninja Dragon Sword) - Tecmo Koei
Wrecking Crew - Nintendo

Some of the Famicom games we do have as Ambassador games but they haven't been released on the VC yet while they have in Japan. If I get time may go through the Wii VC list.

Drago

I think I remember hearing there are more Game Boy VC titles on the JP eShop than there are total VC games in general on the NA eShop

makes me sick, man

I think I remember hearing there are more Game Boy VC titles on the JP eShop than there are total VC games in general on the NA eShop

makes me sick, man
Well Japan has 95 titles in total, 57 of those are Game Boy games, NA has 71 titles all up on the VC, so we are 24 titles down on them. However alot of the games they have (all the ones from Arc System Works) I can't see ever coming to the NA VC unless its something like River City Ransom on the NES. But yeah we are lagging way behind already :(

Marz

Hmmm. So most of the games Japan has on Eshop VC that we don't have are games that we're never translated or localized in the US in the first place.

Well at least they have somewhat of an excuse I suppose.

Drago

I just want consistent releases in NA, really. Europe can at least get one title out per week (and is quite ahead again, we're gonna need an 8-bit Fall x_x), there is no reason why we had to wait until the 30th for one VC title (especially so considering August was such a wasteland of content up until this week). I just hope that, at least for the rest of the year, we can get at least 1 VC title a week. It shouldn't be too much to ask. :/

At least the original content side of things is good though... not much to complain about for me, a lot of good stuff and consistent releases, and there are quite a few digital titles I want coming throughout the rest of the year. I do wish there were more demos and JP eShop game localizations though

jgkspsx

I don't know if it's just me or I wasn't in the right lighting before, but the 3D on that Medusa's Revenge Nintendo video rerun seems much stronger and more impressive than it used to be.

Drago

I don't know if it's just me or I wasn't in the right lighting before, but the 3D on that Medusa's Revenge Nintendo video rerun seems much stronger and more impressive than it used to be.

the POWER of the Nintendo 3DS XL™

rewatched it earlier today and it really is incredible on the XL

Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed this on the eShop the other day when looking at the categories.

F2EAFF20-95A7-46FB-8CE1-1A7CB5C49838-17194-000013E94D0EEED2.jpg

You can tell its the NA eShop just by the fact it has Angry Eyes Kirby on it.

Roto13

wtf.
Is it just me or I feel bad when watching this game? It looks so heartless, no class at all, doesn't feel like hunting for some reason. It just feels wrong...
:/

Maybe because you gun down wave after wave of sometimes-endangered animals and hunters don't do that.

watershed

Banned
Is anyone else looking forward to Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3d? Its only gonna be 5 bucks and I can't wait to play some old fashion light gun style shooting. Hopefully it will be better than that awful hunting game and that pirate chicken one.

I thought I heard Order Up was getting a retail release.
It was, but they decided to go with a digital release, however it did get a retail release in the PAL regions. I believe Planet Crashers was going to be retail as well but they decided to go digital for that as well. Same is happening with Unchained Blades for 3DS when that comes out in a few weeks.

Drago

It was, but they decided to go with a digital release, however it did get a retail release in the PAL regions. I believe Planet Crashers was going to be retail as well but they decided to go digital for that as well. Same is happening with Unchained Blades for 3DS when that comes out in a few weeks.

Wasn't Unchained Blades on both the retail and digital list on NoA's list of games and release dates?

It's listed under both 3DS and eShop

rjc571

Banned
yup, it's really great. Definitely getting Toki Tori 2 on the WiiU, ready to feel frustrated and amazed at the same time

I'm still blown away at how gosh darn clever so many of the puzzles are. Even though I've played through the game at least a half-dozen times now between the Wii, PC and now GBC versions, I still find myself getting stumped on some of the levels on occasion before recalling how to solve them, usually involving some obscure ingenious trick that you would never think to do at first glance. It's really impressive how far outside the box they make you think, especially when you consider that the game was originally designed for such a limited platform as the GBC.

Top Bottom