• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

Henke

It goes both ways now; NoA and NoE haven't swapped positions, they've just kinda met each other half way. Excitebots and Sakura Samurai, for example.

True that, actually. NA got the better end of the deal in terms of Excitebots/Disaster though. I can't say I'm particularly bothered that Sakura Samurai didn't make it over though.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Toki Tori is so gorgeous for a GBC game. Amazing what devs were able to squeeze out of that system. Can't wait until we get Shantae.

I'm amazed how fun Theatrythm is. Amazed.

Watching videos and playing couldn't be more different.

This will be my next 3DS game for sure.

Will never defend Nintendo for putting idiotic demo restrictions on games. That's just dumb.

But as for TheatrhythmFF, they just sold me on the game. If they released the demo a month ago, I'd already own it. Question now becomes whether or not Best Buy stocks it so I can do the B2G1 free sale next week. Apparently Amazon either can't keep it in stock or simply never bothered to stock it. Loved the demo. The XL's massive bottom screen really suits this.

Tunavi

Banned
Will never defend Nintendo for putting idiotic demo restrictions on games. That's just dumb.

But as for TheatrhythmFF, they just sold me on the game. If they released the demo a month ago, I'd already own it. Question now becomes whether or not Best Buy stocks it so I can do the B2G1 free sale next week. Apparently Amazon either can't keep it in stock or simply never bothered to stock it. Loved the demo. The XL's massive bottom screen really suits this.
if you play a demo more than 30 times...just buy the game. How is that dumb?

vctor182

It's in stock I'm also getting it when the B2G1 sale is on along with NSMB2 and KI

Drago

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (OT) DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy V's "The Decisive Battle" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy IX's "Dark City Treno" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy X's "Final Battle" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy XII's "Boss Battle" ($0.99) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Toki Tori (Two Tribes | Game Boy Color | $3.99) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Not a bad week. Why the rest of August wasn't like this, I don't know.

Will eventually pick up Toki Tori and SpeedX, but not today. Glad to see the Theatrhythm demo finally go up (even if I've had the game since day 1), but I wonder why it took so long... :/

Javier

Were people this up in arms when Duck Hunt first came out? I don't fully understand all the hullabaloo.
I think there's a big difference. Duck Hunt had cartoony animation that was more like Looney Tunes. This new game has realistic-looking animals being shot for fun. Most people are okay with the former, but the latter seems too much like PETA bait.

I don't know, I just thought it was kind of (o_O) WTF ridiculous to see a low budget eShop game where you mow down endangered animals. It's like a Cabela's game x10.

There's Duck Hunt. Then there's Meerkat hunt :'( Also, it's just a low as fuck quality game, indicative of the batshit craziness going on behind the scenes at Nintendo when they take months and month to approve a high quality game and press instant "OK" on this crock of shit.

Captain N

I really don't think its that serious. The game isn't too bad, but it gets repetitive after only a few stages. the 3D is pretty much non-existent.

Hale-XF11

Thanks for the explanation, guys. I honestly didn't realize there was that much of a difference.

There's Duck Hunt. Then there's Meerkat hunt :'( Also, it's just a low as fuck quality game, indicative of the batshit craziness going on behind the scenes at Nintendo when they take months and month to approve a high quality game and press instant "OK" on this crock of shit.

Feels like scraping the bottom of a bargain bin barrel.

Captain N

I've got an interview with Endgame Studios and wanted to know if you guys have any questions for them. Fractured Soul comes out in 2 weeks!

Don't know if it's new, eShop Downloads for Germany

PICROSS e

Pokémon Traumradar

Professor Layton und die Maske der Wunder

Pokédex 3D Pro

Drago

I think none, since the PR went out and doesn't mention it (that's what I read here). Let's hope for the following week

I don't believe Nintendo sends out PR for Thursday Downloads before the Thursday they occur. We won't know Thursdays games until the Thursday they appear unless they are announced by the publisher earlier.

And there is nothing yet announced for Sept. 6, everything is coming the 13th or later... maybe there is hope yet!

Marz

I've got an interview with Endgame Studios and wanted to know if you guys have any questions for them. Fractured Soul comes out in 2 weeks!

Ask them why they decided to blatantly rip off Chronos Twins and ask them how their game compares to the original concept.

Just watched the video on the eshop for that animal shooting game.....ha

Kinda surreal, made me feel like I would be playing some serial killer with a pockmarked past.

How many puzzles does Picross-E come with?
Can you download new challenges like the ds game?

Also why is there not a picross3d 2 on 3ds? Seems like a perfect fit for the system's e-shop.

You're probably supporting whale hunting by buying it. Which reminds me, next week on the eShop, Outdoors Unleashed: Pacific Ocean 3D
Can I use a gatling explosive harpoon gun? If so I'm down.

Fractured Soul is coming to the Eshop on Sept 13. New trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZULs6anF7I&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
Reminds me of that DS game, looks pretty cool though.

Don't know if it's new, eShop Downloads for Germany
Professor Layton und die Maske der Wunder
You know, Layton would be cool as DD but when are those retail download codes coming? I refuse to buy at the insane RRP.

I'm really looking forward to Picross, but I don't understand why the puzzle select screen has to spoil all the solved puzzles for example if someone else wants to try the game on your 3DS or you want to replay yourself.

Marz

More Neo-Geo will be incoming then.....excellent. Does anybody have a list of JPN VC titles that have not been released in NA.....I understand it's really long lol.

I'm really looking forward to Picross, but I don't understand why the puzzle select screen has to spoil all the solved puzzles for example if someone else wants to try the game on your 3DS or you want to replay yourself.
It's for looking at the pixel art, kinda torn on that one. But I agree that it's pretty crappy that there is only one save. My GF likes Picross just as much as me but we're always spoiling ourselves :(.

Top Bottom