• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

Roto13

Did the rest of you guys get that Dinosaur Office where they're exercising? I kept seeing "coming soon" teasers for it in Nintendo Video but it never showed up for me. :/

Parallacs

Did the rest of you guys get that Dinosaur Office where they're exercising? I kept seeing "coming soon" teasers for it in Nintendo Video but it never showed up for me. :/

I totally have been forgetting to check Nintendo Video for a week or so to see if there was a new episode, sadly there isn't.

They really need to just rename the app "Dinosaur Office 3DS"

rpmurphy

Yeah, didn't see that yet either.

Also, did Threediots end? I haven't seen a new episode for a while now.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Japan is getting Kaeru no Tame Ni Kane wa Naru (For The Frog The Bell Tolls, GB) and Blaster Master (NES) on the 3DS VC next week. I hate you, other region.

Boney

Banned
Japan is getting Kaeru no Tame Ni Kane wa Naru (For The Frog The Bell Tolls, GB) and Blaster Master (NES) on the 3DS VC next week. I hate you, other region.

how I wish this would be the first import title! I'd buy it in a heartbeat

sadly, we all know this won't be the case

jgkspsx

Never saw the new dinosaur office.

I liked the Lego Olympics shorts.

I miss the avant garde short films and music videos. The mainstream music videos are an affront to both music and videos. I guess the NES Star Trek one was pretty enjoyable.

@MUWANdo

Banned
how I wish this would be the first import title! I'd buy it in a heartbeat

sadly, we all know this won't be the case

There's no way in hell they're gonna release it internationally without a translation, and there's even less chance of them translating it, so...

That's the most disappointing thing about the VC to me--it should have been an outlet for devs to release all their obscure old games to a worldwide audience but the only real, proactive effort in that regard has been Sega's Monster World IV translation, and even that didn't happen until six years in or whatever.

I mean, let's forget all the other third-party publishers and just focus on Nintendo: they've got all the old Fire Emblem games, the Famitan stuff, Famicom Wars, Kaeru no Tameni and Card Hero, not to mention all that Satellaview stuff and whatever else I'm forgetting, yet it's a miracle they even gave us Sin & Punishment.

but the only real, proactive effort in that regard has been Sega's Monster World IV translation, and even that didn't happen until six years in or whatever.

Sega (and M2) in general really seem to be the only publisher taking advantage of VC. Between the Monster World translation, online enabling a few Genesis titles and producing a Game Gear emulator that makes Nintendo's GB emulation look like a joke, they've been putting some good work in.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Sega (and M2) in general really seem to be the only publisher taking advantage of VC. Between the Monster World translation, online enabling a few Genesis titles and producing a Game Gear emulator that makes Nintendo's GB emulation look like a joke, they've been putting some good work in.

Yeah, they've really been knocking 'em out of the park over the last 12-18 months or so; not only their VC stuff but all their digital releases in general have been top-notch. Yosuke Okunari knows what we want, and M2 knows how to give it to us.

Last time I checked, Sega had more stuff on the VC than any other publisher including Nintendo (at least in PAL-land). They know where their bread is buttered, I guess.

Didn't expect Blaster Master NES, especially with the remixed GBC version already available.

Gives me renewed hope that SMB Deluxe might make it's way to VC one of these days.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Blaster Master NES and Blaster Master GBC aren't really the same game--they use the same assets, yes, but the maps are completely different and the GBC version has a bunch of new upgrades. SMB/Lost Levels is a better comparison.

Either way, it's not really that big a deal... Nintendo doesn't care if other publishers wanna dump multiple versions/iterations of the same game, but they generally don't do it themselves.

Blaster Master NES and Blaster Master GBC aren't really the same game--they use the same assets, yes, but the maps are completely different and the GBC version has a bunch of new upgrades. SMB/Lost Levels is a better comparison.

Either way, it's not really that big a deal... Nintendo doesn't care if other publishers wanna dump multiple versions/iterations of the same game, but they generally don't do it themselves.

Huh. Dunno why I thought it was a remake. (Admittedly, it *has* been a while since I've played the NES original...)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Nintendo Direct just revealed two new eShop games--Denpa Ningen 2, which looks much better than the last one, and a rhythm/platformer by Game Freak that I forget the name of (but it looks great!).

I just came in here to say that I really need Rhythm Hunter Harmo Knight in my life.

My absolute favorite thing about Game Freak is their music, and they're making an awesome looking rhythm game, my favorite game genre... It's as if they're making the game just for me.

For a game that seems to be based on music, I wish Iwata would shut the fuck up so we can listen to it. Also, where's everybody getting $20 from? I hope you're not doing a straight yen -> $ conversion...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hey, I know just the thing: let's all move to

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

joedick

Never saw the new dinosaur office.

I liked the Lego Olympics shorts.

I miss the avant garde short films and music videos. The mainstream music videos are an affront to both music and videos. I guess the NES Star Trek one was pretty enjoyable.

While we're on the subject, Doing olympic highlights with Lego in stop motion was great. I also prefer the artsy stuff they've had, but it seems they do still trickle out from time to time. I can do without any of the internet comedy.

The other day day, they put up a coming soon video (that retro styled one) that had better 3D than any Hollywood movie. The guy put his arm out and the rest of him went slightly out of focus, it worked really well!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh:

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Picross e (Jupiter | €5.00 | £4.50) Upcoming (09/06)

Wii | Virtual Console

• Real Bout: Fatal Fury Special (D4 Enterprise | 900 Points) Upcoming (09/06)

rjc571

Banned
If I import a Japanese 3DS, would it be possible for me to access the Japanese eshop from a US-based IP address? Would I be able to purchase games with a US credit card?

zigg

In Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D for the 3DS, your camp is being overrun by goddamned meerkats

When I was finishing up the seventh level of the first safari, there was this scenario where my whole camp was overrun by fucking meerkats! I never even seen a meerkat before, but I was not about to allow this to go down. When I blasted them they flew back into the air and for some reason I was reminded of my childhood. It made me think back to shooting soda cans with a BB gun off the little fence posts in the backyard, and I sort of wished that instead of doing that kind of stuff, I could have had the chance to be on a real safari like in this game, so I could shoot all the animals and just leave their corpses there to rot, sort of like in Oregon Trail, where you shoot way more buffalo than you can possibly bring back to the wagon? Only instead of bringing back 200 pounds I would just bring back nothing.

Yeah, I gotta get this.

Javier

If I import a Japanese 3DS, would it be possible for me to access the Japanese eshop from a US-based IP address? Would I be able to purchase games with a US credit card?
You can definitely access it as eShop is not IP-locked, however, some Credit Cards may not work outside of their region (my Chilean credit card won't work on the US store, so I have to resort to buying $20 codes online).

Who knows the length of the game. There appears to be a whole world map, so there'll probably be quite a few levels.

They also showed at least 3 different gameplay styles. It'll probably be well worth the money.

Maybe it's because I don't like rhythm games, but there doesn't look to be much to the game. Certainly isn't the next Drill Dozer.

Ketzal's Corridors has a world map too, right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Fractured Soul coming 09/13. 12 $

Release Date: Sep 13, 2012
No. of Players: 1 player
Category: Action, Adventure
Publisher: Endgame Studios
Price: $11.99

Fractured Soul is a classic side-scrolling platform game with a twist: it is played across both screens at once! Created by platform gamers for platform gamers, and exclusively for 3DS, Fractured Soul literally adds a new dimension to this much-loved genre.

You are forgotten. Stranded on an outpost in deep space, you remember nothing of who you are. All you know is that you are different. You are able to shift into a parallel dimension at will.

The outpost has been invaded, and is now swarming with hostiles. Escape is imperative, and with danger on all sides, it is only your unique power that can give you a fighting chance...

Features

• Double the action: Fractured Soul takes the classic, instantly familiar platform game and brings it to the next level with dual-screen gameplay!
• Online rankings for speed running: Compete against your friends and the world via Nintendo leaderboards.
• Gameplay variety: 5 major zones, each bringing a unique challenge to the second screen. Your dimension-shifting journey will take you underwater, through fierce winds, scorching heat and even inverse gravity!
• Hours of content: 30 levels across 5 zones, including both platforming and shoot-em-up game styles, as well as epic, dual-screen boss battles!
• Hardcore challenges: Unlock challenge levels, and test your skills to the limit!

beje

Banned
7 new games, 4 demos and 4 Virtual Console games in just one week for Japan. The eShop itself is not exactly the object to blame out there...

Top Bottom