• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

zroid

Banned
LOL I have to admit, when I saw you guys expressing disgust, I was doubtful of its supposed indecency. "Oh well, another hunting game, whatever."

Buuuut yeeeaaaah, having viewed the video, that's pretty fucking awful >_>

tuffy

this is fucking disgusting. Fuck this shit, it shocked me. Whoever programmed this should be sued
It's not much different than those arcade-style hunting games on the Wii where one gets to bloodlessly gun down an unrealistically large amount of North American wildlife using plastic shotguns. I'm mostly surprised someone thinks there's a market for these things on the 3DS.

I have nothing against hunting video games or limited hunting of animals for food in real life, but this turned my stomach. Do you get to shoot gorillas to make ashtrays from their hands and murder Diane Fossey for extra points in a bonus level?

Hell, a game where you stalk big cats while they hunt you in turn could be interesting, but this shooting gallery approach where you slaughter entire packs and herds bloodlessly within seconds is even more offensive than the game's graphics. The chorus of children singing makes it all the more surreal.

Ok, Teyon has to fucking stop. Their games are more than just half-assed. They feel like empty web based flash games. They are horrible to look at and they keep pouring them on. This has to stop.
I blame the people that bought Bird Mania. It's almost always in the eShop's top-5 most downloaded.

I just wonder what the release description on the e-shop will be.

I'm just know the music came from just a bad idea:

"You know, this is kinda unsettling when all you hear is the sound of a gun.. what should we put in here?"

"Why upbeat music of course!"

Murrah

Banned
Holy shit I can't believe that hunting game's real. It's like something I'd imagine seeing on an episode of South Park satirizing games or something

Well, PETA is going to be all over this. Who am I kidding... They'll just go where the money is: Nintendo and their irrational hatred for raccoon dogs :-/

rjc571

Banned
They should take it a step further and have you shoot some African natives as well! They could make the children worth double points! And give you a super deluxe bonus for setting their huts on fire and killing the families trapped inside!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
All known upcoming stuff:

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (OT) DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy V's "The Decisive Battle" ($0.99) Upcoming (08/30)
    Final Fantasy IX's "Dark City Treno" ($0.99) Upcoming (08/30)
    Final Fantasy X's "Final Battle" ($0.99) Upcoming (08/30)
    Final Fantasy XII's "Boss Battle" ($0.99) Upcoming (08/30)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Bookstore Dream (CIRCLE Entertainment | 200 Points | $1.99) Upcoming (09/13)
  • Crazy Hunter (EnjoyUp Games | 500 Points | $4.99) Upcoming (09/06)

vYU92.png

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (OT) DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy V's "The Decisive Battle" (€1.00 | £0.90) Upcoming (08/30)
    Final Fantasy VIII's "Force Your Way" (€1.00 | £0.90) Upcoming (08/30)
    Final Fantasy X's "Otherworld" (€1.00 | £0.90) Upcoming (08/30)
    Final Fantasy XI's "The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah" (€1.00 | £0.90) Upcoming (08/30)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Kirby's Star Stacker (Nintendo | Game Boy | €3.00 | £2.70) Upcoming (08/30)

Wii | WiiWare

• Successfully Learning English Year 4 (Tivola | 800 Points) Upcoming (08/30)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• iSpot Japan (EnjoyUp Games | 200 Points | €2.00 | £1.80) Upcoming (08/30)

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Ninja Gaiden (Tecmo Koei | Famicom | ¥500) Upcoming (08/29)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• I Must Run! (Teyon Japan | 200 Points | ¥200) Upcoming (08/29)

A couple of curiosities:

- NoA probably won't release a single 3DS VC game in August;
- By the second week of September, NoA will have released four different digital games with hunting themes in four weeks (none of them being Monster Hunter).

rpmurphy

So did Nintendo ever end up stocking NSMB2 download codes at NA retailers? Because I just did the Club Nintendo survey for the game and it asks you where you bought the downloadable version, which also has options for retailers.

Drago

A couple of curiosities:

- NoA probably won't release a single 3DS VC game in August;
- By the second week of September, NoA will have released four different digital games with hunting themes in four weeks (none of them being Monster Hunter).

Ugh, NoA angers me so. No VC games for a month is a fucking joke

So did Nintendo ever end up stocking NSMB2 download codes at NA retailers? Because I just did the Club Nintendo survey for the game and it asks you where you bought the downloadable version, which also has options for retailers.

As far as I'm aware, no. That was only seen in Japan afaik, but cards may show up on other regions later on

Tenki

How long until Nintendo World Cup hits the European eShop? :(

In Japan it came out on August 1st. The game is amazing.

No actual cards. However, I did get the digital version at GameStop all the same--the code just printed onto my receipt.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wonder if the Wii U is going to bring the console Virtual Console back to life. Weekly deals, new releases? Maybe?
:(

Marz

Lol half the video games in existence consist of shooting or stabbing or chopping human beings with blood spraying everywhere yet you guys are tripping over this?

Lmao.

This reminds me of those stupid save the animal commercials where they want you to give money to fucking cats and donkeys instead of the thousands of children starving in Africa and the Middle East.

Unless you guys are just talking about the quality of the game.......then nevermind that shit is disgusting.

Top Bottom