• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

BriBri

Every time I see these ambassador NES games trickle out and treated as if they're tentpole releases of the week, a part of me dies.
Same here. God sake, what effort does it take to upload a Solar Striker, Gator Pinball or King of the Zoo?

Are any of the Neo Geo/SNK titles on the U.S. VC shop imports? I really want to see Pulstar and Blazing star in the U.S. someday, really tired of these endless KoF releases.

Dave Long

Banned
Ironclad was a CD only release if that's what you mean. Pretty much every Neo Geo game came to the US, albeit in very limited quantities toward the end.

vdlow

That's perfect. I'll keep an eye at their site.

Wait, there's some stuff about downloads being US only. Did anyone outside the US Buy PSN digital games from them (that's the closest thing on their store)?

I buy PSN credit cards from them, and they work nicely on PSN US.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. | Demo Version) Upcoming (08/23)

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (OT) DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy III's "Crystal Cave" (€1.00 | £0.90) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy X's "Challenge" (€1.00 | £0.90) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy XI's "Ragnarok" (€1.00 | £0.90) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy XII's "The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum" (€1.00 | £0.90) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Donkey Kong Jr. (Nintendo | NES | €5.00 | £4.50) Upcoming (08/23)
  • NES Open Tournament Golf (Nintendo | NES | €5.00 | £4.50) Upcoming (08/23)

Wii | Virtual Console

• 2020 Super Baseball (D4 Enterprise | 900 Poins) Upcoming (08/23)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Rummikub (Games Factory Online | 800 Points | €8.00 | £7.20) Upcoming (08/23)

Parallacs

Knowing nothing about the Picross series, I decided to try Mario Picross from the sale. I can't believe how much fun I'm having.

It feels a lot like sudoku mixed with pattern blocks. It actually reminds me of these grid games I played in school where it involved a lot of elimination logic (Mary was with Tom, Alice did not go to the beach, three girls were at the bakery)

Except with numbers. If anyone is new to the series, I recommend this for $2.99 (though I bet the DS version is superior).

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Knowing nothing about the Picross series, I decided to try Mario Picross from the sale. I can't believe how much fun I'm having.

It feels a lot like sudoku mixed with pattern blocks. It actually reminds me of these grid games I played in school where it involved a lot of elimination logic (Mary was with Tom, Alice did not go to the beach, three girls were at the bakery)

Except with numbers. If anyone is new to the series, I recommend this for $2.99 (though I bet the DS version is superior).

I'd recommend getting the two DS versions. They're absurdly entertaining

glad you're aboard the Picross' magnificent train of awe

BooJoh

It's been switched to private, but it was a 3DS trailer (in 4:3 with a 3DS top screen as a border) on the nicalisinc channel for a 2D fighting game called Yatagarasu.

wsippel

Banned
It's been switched to private, but it was a 3DS trailer (in 4:3 with a 3DS top screen as a border) on the nicalisinc channel for a 2D fighting game called Yatagarasu.
This Yatagarasu? That could be cool. Doujin fighter by former SNK dudes and one of my favorite character designers (Tomoyuki Kotani, did the art for several Cave games).

Looks like Ninja Gaiden NES is next week's JP VC game. (Jeez, that's about 5 NES games in a row for the past three weeks...)

Doesn't the arcade version have an ESRB rating for 3DS?

NA press release is up - Metal Slug X for Wii VC, Vector Racing for eShop, Abyss for DSiWare, that's it. No sales.

Came for the virtual console updates. I see no effort. Unbelievable.

Looking at the way NOA has handled the eshop gives me zero confidence for WiiU at all.
NOA needs a gamer like Iwata at the helm.

Didn't they just hire a guy to exclusively work on their digital game stuff?

What does he do all day?

/doom&gloom

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (OT) DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy V's "Battle 1" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy IX's The Final Battle" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy X's "Otherworld" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy XII's "The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum" ($0.99) Latest release!

Wii | Virtual Console

• Metal Slug X (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Abyss (EnjoyUp Games | 200 Points | $1.99) Latest release!

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Rummikub (Games Factory Online | 800 Points | €8.00 | £7.20) Latest release!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
VectorRacing looks entertaining enough, but it doesn't look like the '12 courses' vary much graphically. Download Play for multiplayer is a plus, although I'm not sure if we'd choose to play this over Mario Kart in the long run. I wish it was $4.99.

18-Volt

Now it says "Retail-only" for some games and "Retail & download" for some. Style Savvy will be downloadable but Epic Mickey won't. So much for 3rd party DD games. Only Nintendo.

Roto13

Now it says "Retail-only" for some games and "Retail & download" for some. Style Savvy will be downloadable but Epic Mickey won't. So much for 3rd party DD games. Only Nintendo.

You do realize that it's probably up to the individual game's publisher whether or not a game will be released on the eShop, right?

Javier

It is interesting to note that the Epic Mickey eShop entry has a price tag, something only downloadable games have.

18-Volt

You do realize that it's probably up to the individual game's publisher whether or not a game will be released on the eShop, right?

Was it mentioned anywhere? All I heard is that only first party games will be available on eShop. No 3rd party developer announced that their game will be available on eshop alongside retail (Yet nobody actually announced ANY game lately, and thinking that it's Disney, I won't be surprised if Epic Mickey won't end up in eShop).

Roto13

Was it mentioned anywhere? All I heard is that only first party games will be available on eShop. No 3rd party developer announced that their game will be available on eshop alongside retail (Yet nobody actually announced ANY game lately, and thinking that it's Disney, I won't be surprised if Epic Mickey won't end up in eShop).

I know it's the in thing to blame Nintendo for everything, but do you really think they have a policy against putting third party games on the eShop, even though they're pushing the eShop version of NSMB2 so hard? They want people to buy the digital versions of games. They're not going to say "Oh, but only first party games. No third parties allowed."

zroid

Banned
Apparently Pokedex 3D is getting a free update on August 31st

"UPDATE: Starting August 31, be sure to update Pokédex 3D to unlock a number of features. This will immediately unlock 6 Pokémon, including Reshiram and Zekrom, that previously required scanning a Pokémon AR Marker. It will also make all other Pokémon downloadable through SpotPass™, including all alternate forms which previously were only available by connecting with friends. To update Pokédex 3D, just tap the Update button inside the application."

sakipon

It will also make all other Pokémon downloadable through SpotPass™, including all alternate forms which previously were only available by connecting with friends. To update Pokédex 3D, just tap the Update button inside the application."
Feels like Christmas.

And truly, that was such a bad idea from them. Should've been by Streetpass tops. Oh well, atleast I finally get my collection done.

Top Bottom