• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

Benedict

So. Excite Bike 3D is up as a Club Nintendo Reward.

3d_classics_excitebike.jpg

What region and how much do these cost?

UK?

How usual is there for e-shop titles as club-nintendo rewards?
Are there/or has there been any in the UK club-nintendo?

NeonZ

I asked before but no one replied; which DSiWare racer should I get:

Ferrari GT Evolution

or

Need for Speed Nitro X

Drift Street International doesn't look that pleasing to me. :(

I got Ferrari GT Evolution and had some hours out of it, although I don't really play racing games much. Still, at the very least, there wasn't any annoying mechanic or problematic control. Everything seemed to work just fine. There was a nice variety on the tracks' backgrounds too thanks to some city races. According to some reviews I read online, it's actually better than the on cart version they released later too.

I haven't played Nitro X though, so I can't compare with it directly.

vdlow

On the Brazilian eShop, NSMB2 costs R$150,00, and has 6% of tax. So, if you buy it, you'll be paying U$78,40 for this game. That's fucking ridiculous.

Luckily, my credit card worked on the canadian eShop, so I could buy the game for a fair price.

Fewr

Mexican shop, the cost for the new Mario is MXN$800.00, the exact same price as a physical copy (UDS$60.976).

Tim-E

Judging by past midnight launches on services like Steam I expected this to be a mess considering Nintendo had never done it before, but I logged on at like 12:03 and downloaded at a decent speed and was playing it just a few minutes later. Good job, Nintendo.

beje

Banned
Judging by past midnight launches on services like Steam I expected this to be a mess considering Nintendo had never done it before, but I logged on at like 12:03 and downloaded at a decent speed and was playing it just a few minutes later. Good job, Nintendo.

They had a shortage in Japan when they released it for a couple of hours so I guess they managed it better this time.

moai

On the Brazilian eShop, NSMB2 costs R$150,00, and has 6% of tax. So, if you buy it, you'll be paying U$78,40 for this game. That's fucking ridiculous.

Luckily, my credit card worked on the canadian eShop, so I could buy the game for a fair price.

i tried that but it asked for a postal code. how did you do it?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is the complete line-up for Japan this week:

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Yoshi (Nintendo | Famicom | ¥500) Upcoming (08/22)
  • Balloon Fight (Nintendo | Famicom | ¥500) Upcoming (08/22)

Wii | Virtual Console

• Blazing Star (D4 Enterprise | 900 Points) Upcoming (08/21)
  • The Last Blade 2 (D4 Enterprise | 900 Points) Upcoming (08/21)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

GWX

I'll try that. I hope it works!

edit: It asked me for a postal code. I put a random one I found online, and it took me to the next step, but I'm scared about the possibility of this causing me problems. How did you do it, videtonator?

edit 2: guys below me, is it safe? It asks for a postal code of my *billing address*. Is there any possibility of this causing me problems?

edit 3: caved in and bought it. I hope everything goes well.

18-Volt

i tried that but it asked for a postal code. how did you do it?

Just enter Canadian postal code that is in a province with lower sales tax (Every province has sales tax). I guess Alberta has the lowest. You can google for it.

moai

thanks. worked for me on the canadian store. it's really stupid that it doesn't work on the us store and let's you buy on canadian one.

Well I 100%'d Wario Land last night. Hoping US sees 2 soon.

Any recommendations on 3DS Virtual Console games outside of Mario Land's, and Kirby games?

vdlow

I bought with the province of Yukon, and use the 6 first digits of my ZIP code. It worked well. The game is amazing, I'm really enjoying it. Looks a lot more like the Wii game than the DS one.

According to Wikipedia, we're two away from the 400th Virtual Console release.

Do you think NoA is smart enough to do something interesting for the milestone?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I bought with the province of Yukon, and use the 6 first digits of my ZIP code. It worked well. The game is amazing, I'm really enjoying it. Looks a lot more like the Wii game than the DS one.

For any South American looking to use Canada as a destination;

Pick province "Alberta" (lowest tax rate) postal code T0L 1E0 (both 0 = zero, not oh)

Qurupeke

I downloaded Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge and it was actually quite good. But too damn short... I finished it on about 5 hours. I hope that more MM games will come to the eShop. Either the Rockman World games or the NES games.

vdlow

For any South American looking to use Canada as a destination;

Pick province "Alberta" (lowest tax rate) postal code T0L 1E0 (both 0 = zero, not oh)

Alberta tax rate is the same of Yukon, 5% of the value. Northwest Territories and Nunavut also have a 5% tax rate.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
According to Wikipedia, we're two away from the 400th Virtual Console release.

Do you think NoA is smart enough to do something interesting for the milestone?

There are only 398 titles currently available, but there have been 408 Wii VC releases in total.

Brazil

What were the 10 games that got taken down? The only one I know off the top of my head was TMNT.

R-Type (both Master System and TurboGrafx-16 versions), Super R-Type, Vigilante, Ninja Spirit, Silent Debuggers, Bloody Wolf, Legend of Hero Tonma, and Drop Off were removed.

Yes Boss!

What were the 10 games that got taken down? The only one I know off the top of my head was TMNT.

I know a good chunk of them were Irem TG-16 games like Ninja Spirit, etc.

Does anybody know if the Irem games in Japan were likewise pulled?

Edit: beaten. Sad I never got Tonma.

Brazil

I know a good chunk of them were Irem TG-16 games like Ninja Spirit, etc.

Does anybody know if the Irem games in Japan were likewise pulled?

Yes, they were.

A couple of Sonic games were delisted there too, along with MSX's Eggy and Aleste and some others I'm probably forgetting.

Thores

There are only 398 titles currently available, but there have been 408 Wii VC releases in total.

When those games were removed though, the Virtual Console still hadn't received 400 games yet. When we reach that number, it will be for the first time, and thus still a milestone that can technically be celebrated in a PR release.

That said, what game would NoA even use? All of the milestone-worthy titles not on the service yet aren't even in Japan yet, due to technical and/or licensing issues. And I don't see those hurdles being overcome within the next few months, just to deliver "Game #400" to a currently all-but-dead service. The most likely scenario I see happening is "Behold our 400th Virtual Console game: A D4 Neo-Geo title we were going to release this week anyway"

Alternately, we get VC Game #400 in November, because it's a Gamecube game they release for the Wii U eShop.

It'd be a pleasant surprise if we did get something we could call a milestone release, though. Are there any notable holdouts from the EU or JP VC that aren't occuring to me right now?

M3d10n

Ha, I knew Nintendo was going to price NSMB2 the same price as retail stores in Brazil, as to not piss of their "retail partners". Off to the Canadian eShop!

It would be so much easier if the fabled download codes actually existed for sale outside Japan...

-edit-
Actually, I think I'll wait a little longer to see if buying either codes or prepaid cards for using with the US eShop become an option. Exchange rates are rather brutal lately.

Just for lulz: in the US eShop, NSMB2 costs 4x the price of Order Up! ($40 vs $10) while in the Brazil eShop it costs 8.8x the price of the same game (R$ 150 vs R$ 17).

Downloading NSMB2 from the canadian store! thanks for the tip. There was a problem with the first card I tried but it was not on Nintendo's side :)

vdlow

Ha, I knew Nintendo was going to price NSMB2 the same price as retail stores in Brazil, as to not piss of their "retail partners". Off to the Canadian eShop!

It would be so much easier if the fabled download codes actually existed for sale outside Japan...

-edit-
Actually, I think I'll wait a little longer to see if buying either codes or prepaid cards for using with the US eShop become an option. Exchange rates are rather brutal lately.

Just for lulz: in the US eShop, NSMB2 costs 4x the price of Order Up! ($40 vs $10) while in the Brazil eShop it costs 8.8x the price of the same game (R$ 150 vs R$ 17).

Best Buy will sell the download codes and deliver them via email, so it's an option for the foreign consumers. Sadly, the code for NSMB2 is not available today.

M3d10n

Best Buy will sell the download codes and deliver them via email, so it's an option for the foreign consumers. Sadly, the code for NSMB2 is not available today.
That's perfect. I'll keep an eye at their site.

Wait, there's some stuff about downloads being US only. Did anyone outside the US Buy PSN digital games from them (that's the closest thing on their store)?

isny

napkin dispenser
That's perfect. I'll keep an eye at their site.

Wait, there's some stuff about downloads being US only. Did anyone outside the US Buy PSN digital games from them (that's the closest thing on their store)?

I tried buying a Kid Icarus 3D Classics download code from them and couldn't. (I'm in Canada)

I eventually ended up having someone from the U.S. buy it for me.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Apparently there's an article on the 3DS VC release of Shantae in the latest Nintendo Power? It's probably just wank about how cool Shantae is, but can someone with a subscription check to see if it mentions a release date/window?

Thores

Apparently there's an article on the 3DS VC release of Shantae in the latest Nintendo Power? It's probably just wank about how cool Shantae is, but can someone with a subscription check to see if it mentions a release date/window?

The most specific the article gets is "later this year".

@MUWANdo

Banned
Ahh, so, no actual news? Figures. Thanks.

PAL press release is up - Super Baseball 2020 on Wii VC, DK Jr and NES Open Tournament Golf on 3DS VC, Lego Batman 2 demo on eShop.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This weeks EU THEATRHYTHM DLC.

In-game £0.90 each

The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum (FF12 - FMS)

Crystal Cave (FF03 - FMS)

Ragnarok (FF11 - BMS)

Challenge (FF10 - BMS)

zroid

Banned
Every time I see these ambassador NES games trickle out and treated as if they're tentpole releases of the week, a part of me dies.

Top Bottom