• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

Nilaul

PAL REGION E-SHOP PRICE COMPARISON

Disclaimer: Converted prices may vary, as currency value to change. Example if the Zloty value falls then it will also have the cheapest Retail game downloads, however it it raises it may no longer have the cheapest e-shop downloads generally. So it may be a good idea to watch the exchange rates, especially now that we have an economic crises.

Euro

Pullbox 6 euro
Dillon 10 euro
Mario 44.99 euro

Austrailia

Pullbox: $9 (7.68 euro)
Diilon $15 (12.81 euro)
Mario $69.99 (59.75 euro)

Poland

Pullbox 24 zloty (5.91 euro)
Dillon 40 zloty (9.85 euro)

Mario 189,80 zloty (46.74 euro)

Switzerland

Pullbox 8,40 CHF (6.99euro)
Dillon 14,00 CHF (11.66 euro)
Mario 57,90 CHF (48.21 euro)

Denmark (Kroner)

PullBox 45 Kr (6.04 euro)
Dillon 75 Kr (10.07 euro)
Mario 359 Kr (48.22 euro)

Sweden (Kronor)

PullBox 60 (7.24 euro)
Dillon 100 (12.07 euro)
Mario 419 (50.59 euro)

UK (pounds)

PullBox 5.40 (6.87 euro)
Dillon 9.00 (11.45 euro)
Mario 39.99 (50.15 euro)

I feel sorry for the Aussies now
I'm soo glad I imported a US 3DS, the Aussie prices have just been stupid plus the amount of crap we haven't been getting down here is annoying. I'm fairly certain VVVVVV hasn't even come out for the eShop here yet.

Nilaul

I'm soo glad I imported a US 3DS, the Aussie prices have just been stupid plus the amount of crap we haven't been getting down here is annoying. I'm fairly certain VVVVVV hasn't even come out for the eShop here yet.

I think the aussie e-shop was pretty much up to date. The releases seamed to be exactly like the Europe ones. However retail downloadable games come at a different time. You could always link your your account to germany though or a another euro country :p

PS... you want to live in Alaska (meaning set your location to Alaska to have no tax on your downloads) :p

qq more

Disclaimer: Converted prices may vary, as currency value to change. Example if the Zloty value falls then it will also have the cheapest Retail game downloads, however it it raises it may no longer have the cheapest e-shop downloads generally. So it may be a good idea to watch the exchange rates, especially now that we have an economic crises.

Euro

Pullbox 6 euro
Dillon 10 euro
Mario 44.99 euro

Austrailia

Diilon $15 (12.81 euro)

Poland

Dillon 40 zloty (9.85euro)

Mario 189,80 zloty (46.74euro)

Switzerland

Denmark (Kroner)

PullBox 45 Kr (48.22 euro)
Mario 359 Kr (6.04 euro)

Sweden (Kronor)

PullBox 60 (7.24 euro)
Dillon 100 (12.07 euro)
Mario 419 (50.59 euro)

UK (pounds)

PullBox 5.40 (6.87 euro)
Dillon 9.00 (11.45 euro)
Mario 39.99 (50.15 euro)

I think you messed up a bit with Denmark's conversion.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I think the aussie e-shop was pretty much up to date. The releases seamed to be exactly like the Europe ones.

Nah, we're missing lots of stuff--not just VVVVVV, but a whole ton of WiiWare/DSiWare and even random promotional videos from Nintendo don't come over, even when they're directly related to games we're getting at the same time as Europe.

The cost of having games rated by the OFLC (Aussie ratings board) is much more expensive than that of other regions, and the audience is so small, so lots of indies don't bother working to have their stuff released here.

I think the aussie e-shop was pretty much up to date. The releases seamed to be exactly like the Europe ones. However retail downloadable games come at a different time. You could always link your your account to germany though or a another euro country :p

PS... you want to live in Alaska (meaning set your location to Alaska to have no tax on your downloads) :p
Can you link Club Nintendo if using Alaska out of interest. I'm set to Canada atm only so I can Link to my US Club Nintendo which has been awesome for getting free download codes when I redeem my points.

Nilaul

At least when I do this, I'm being honest.

Go ahead if you want, don't remember if zipcode was necessary.

I remember people entering zip codes in all those youtube movies. However I understand ur reasoning for a USA console, you can import all the games faster and buy them cheaper then in your local shops probably.

rjc571

Banned
On the upside, they get to live in Australia.

rGC6c.jpg

AoCpJ.jpg

Lucky SOBs!

Just come over to the West Coast of Australia where I live, no Funnel Web spiders or any of those really big nasty ones. Still a few Red Backs around but that usually stay out of the way from most people.

Just don't go in the water, lots of Shark sightings lately over here.....

Shiggy

Euro

Pullbox 6 euro
Dillon 10 euro
Mario 44.99 euro

Austrailia

Diilon $15 (12.81 euro)

Poland

Dillon 40 zloty (9.85 euro)

Mario 189,80 zloty (46.74 euro)

Switzerland

Denmark (Kroner)

PullBox 45 Kr (6.04 euro)
Mario 359 Kr (48.22 euro)

Sweden (Kronor)

PullBox 60 (7.24 euro)
Dillon 100 (12.07 euro)
Mario 419 (50.59 euro)

UK (pounds)

PullBox 5.40 (6.87 euro)
Dillon 9.00 (11.45 euro)
Mario 39.99 (50.15 euro)

Could you check whether prices in other parts of Eastern Europe are even lower?

NewFresh

For anyone interested here's a review of Crazy Chicken Pirates 3d. It got a 5/5. Makes me sad because I love point and shoot light gun style games. Turns out there is only 1 level (plus a bonus stage) and the enemy placements and environments aren't randomly generated. The 3ds seems perfect for point and shoots so I can only hope someone will make a good one in the future.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/crazy_chicken_pirates_3d

5/10

I was confused for a min.

I asked before but no one replied; which DSiWare racer should I get:

Ferrari GT Evolution

or

Need for Speed Nitro X

Drift Street International doesn't look that pleasing to me. :(

Roto13

I asked Jools Watsham on twitter if the 20 additional PC levels are coming to the 3DS. He said: "No, we're focusing on just the PC version for now."

It wouldn't be fair to let 3DS owners without those levels. I hope they bring them to the eShop.

I'd buy them as DLC.

I asked Jools Watsham on twitter if the 20 additional PC levels are coming to the 3DS. He said: "No, we're focusing on just the PC version for now."

It wouldn't be fair to let 3DS owners without those levels. I hope they bring them to the eShop.

Yeah, and I doubt many people will buy MM2 3DS knowing there will be a better PC version later.

I'd buy them as DLC.

The game was already quite expensive at $9. Should be free.

BooJoh

Your post is a little misleading and looks like he was saying they aren't coming.

I don't think he was saying no they aren't coming, he was saying no there's no news to report on that front, because they're focusing on PC for now.

https://twitter.com/JoolsWatsham/status/236559294043156481

zroid

Banned
Anyone know what happens to the stuff on the SD card when you're doing a 3DS->3DS system transfer?

Does it copy any of the files from one SD card to the other? Or are you just expected to put the old SD card into the new system after the transfer is complete?

Roto13

Anyone know what happens to the stuff on the SD card when you're doing a 3DS->3DS system transfer?

Does it copy any of the files from one SD card to the other? Or are you just expected to put the old SD card into the new system after the transfer is complete?

The latter.

tkscz

two things:

1. I"M A GOD DAMNED ARACHNOPHOB, PLEASE STOP WITH THE PICTURES OF GIANT SPIDERS

2. Why hasn't the US price been announced yet?

Qurupeke

Should I buy Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge? I want to know two things only. Is it unplayable because of its age? Is there anything better at its price on the eShop?

Should I buy Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge? I want to know two things only. Is it unplayable because of its age? Is there anything better at its price on the eShop?

It's... not great. The big problem I have is that the sprites are pretty much right out of the NES games, and so take up too much space on the Gameboy's limited screen space and it's kinda slow. Donkey Kong and Gargoyle's Quest are much better choices for the price.

Top Bottom