• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
La-Mulana coming to NA WiiWare on September 20!

Published by EnjoyUp Games.

1000 Points (PC version is $15)

47gjFC_9IZHWaXAijaSHipS-hTEcSsmL.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/F7TrLts9e6-cHuIxvrHjZiYK6kk-TxCs

The September issue of Nintendo Power says that Harvest Moon (GBC), Legend of the River King (GBC) and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (GB) are coming to the US virtual console. Goemon is scheduled for the fall but the others are TBA.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Is legend of the river king any good?

Yep! It's a fishing game first and foremost but it's structured like Pokemon or similar JRPGs, and there are traditional battles and other junk thrown in there too. There's even a tamagotchi-ish mode where you raise a fish in a tank, IIRC.

Henke

Confirmed I'm moving to superior Europe if this isn't out on the 6th in America

Haha. If it's any consolation to you North Americans this treatment is still a bit of a shock to us. Until the Xenoblade/eShop shenanigans we were treated like muck here.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Haha. If it's any consolation to you North Americans this treatment is still a bit of a shock to us. Until the Xenoblade/eShop shenanigans we were treated like muck here.
Actually it all started with Day of Disaster. When NOE realized their mistake it was too late - they had already switched gears.

M3d10n

Can someone recommend a place where I can buy US eShop cash cards online and get the codes sent by email? Preferably one that doesn't charge a ridiculous premium.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
US press release isn't out yet, but what's in the OP is probably all we'll get.

Meanwhile...

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (OT) DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy V's "The Decisive Battle" (€1.00 | £0.90) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy VIII's "Force Your Way" (€1.00 | £0.90) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy X's "Otherworld" (€1.00 | £0.90) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy XI's "The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah" (€1.00 | £0.90) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | WiiWare

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• iSpot Japan (EnjoyUp Games | 200 Points | €2.00 | £1.80) Latest release!

Agreed. Downloadable games are just so appealing on a handheld too - why won't Nintendo let me buy more games?!

I keep throwing money at them for Zelda Oracles/Pokemon, but they don't want it apparently. Also, it's so lame that on iOS it's just like BANG! Here's a portable version of Bastion! Where Nintendo are so anally retentive with their approval process we'd probably have to wait about a year for the one old blind guy who's deciding what goes on the eShop.

But it's okay, because from today we can gun down some meerkats.

Fucking A Nintendo.

Thores

NA press release is up--Toki Tori for VC, Theatrhythm demo (about time!), SpeedX, DSiWare garbage.

Were we supposed to get Real Bout: Fatal Fury Special this week or next week?

Definitely getting that Theatrhythm demo. Thinking about Toki Tori, but I don't really have a puzzle game craving right now.

Brazil

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (OT) DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy V's "The Decisive Battle" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy IX's "Dark City Treno" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy X's "Final Battle" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy XII's "Boss Battle" ($0.99) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Toki Tori (Two Tribes | Game Boy Color | $3.99) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Were we supposed to get Real Bout: Fatal Fury Special this week or next week?.

It's already out in America.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Maybe it's "Great job Square Enix"!

But that's not a possibility around here, amirite.

You think it was Square-Enix's call? Hearing from indie devs, it seems like Nintendo ends up being the one that makes the final decision on when products show up.

Of course, Nintendo of America has really built up a great reputation with their eShop, so I should give them the benefit of the doubt. amirite

Marche90

Freaking finally! I wanted the demo just to play TFF in some way or another, since right now I don't have the money to buy it. I'll get it in holidays but for now this will have to suffice.

Effect

About time we get the Theatrhythm demo. I have been interested in the game but not being a fan of music rhythm games I really needed a demo to know if I'd like the game or not. So looking forward to downloading this after work.

Brazil

You think it was Square-Enix's call? Hearing from indie devs, it seems like Nintendo ends up being the one that makes the final decision on when products show up.

Of course, Nintendo of America has really built up a great reputation with their eShop, so I should give them the benefit of the doubt. amirite

Who's to say it wasn't?

I'm not saying NoA should be getting praise here, but it's not fair to blame them for everything when we don't know what really goes on behind the scenes.

Besides, this isn't even the first 3DS Square Enix demo NA got with a delay.

mandiller

Is anyone in Europe interested in some free Club Nintendo points? I ordered a 3DS XL from Europe but the points don't work in Australia so I'm giving them away. First person to quote me gets it.

Bear in mind they only work in Europe.

Is anyone in Europe interested in some free Club Nintendo points? I ordered a 3DS XL from Europe but the points don't work in Australia so I'm giving them away. First person to quote me gets it.

Bear in mind they only work in Europe.
I'll take them if they're still available thanks!!

UberTag

Who's to say it wasn't?

I'm not saying NoA should be getting praise here, but it's not fair to blame them for everything when we don't know what really goes on behind the scenes.

Besides, this isn't even the first 3DS Square Enix demo NA got with a delay.
I prefer to believe that both NOA and Square Enix are terrible. Singling out one over the other just doesn't seem fair.

I completely understand why NoA gets shit on, but in this scenario it was most likely Square-Enix's call.

Brazil

Wow. I can't remember the last time I bought something off WiiWare. What did that take, like 6 months since Nicalis were out the picture?!

I always end up loving all of their games and conversions, but Nicalis' management is a terrible joke.

rjc571

Banned
The Thetarhythm demo has unlimited uses. Is this the first demo to do that?

I'm in for Toki Tori. Never played it before. Also gonna pick up Sword of Hope II today.

You'd probably be better off buying the remake on Steam or Wiiware if you've never played it before. The original version is more of a curiosity.

Top Bottom