• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | August 2017

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The NA press release is so bad these days I no longer impulse buy half the stuff I used to.

Especially with the sales. It's too damn difficult to research them these days.

Bowl0l

It's interesting that Japan eShop is devaluing Pokemon by giving it a discount.

I want discount too NoA..

deadfolk

Tried the Voez demo from the Japanese eShop, it'll default to English if you choose your US account.

You can play 3 different songs with each difficulty. Game teases you by showing all the songs you could play being locked off.

Game really makes me wish I could use my bluetooth headphones on the Switch so I can listen better instead of defaulting to my cheaper, not as good wired ones.

When I tried to play Miku on Vita with a bluetooth speaker, the audio lag made it unplayable, so I don't think you're missing much on that front.

zigg

When I tried to play Miku on Vita with a bluetooth speaker, the audio lag made it unplayable, so I don't think you're missing much on that front.
Yeah, this is a major concern. I have headphones and speakers that work either BT or wired and Thumper becomes unplayable when I'm routing TV audio via BT.

I realize it doesn't help someone who already owns good BT-only headphones, but I really think combo 'phones are the way to go.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I never had issues with my Vita synced to my headphones, but I can see why a console rhythm game would possibly cause issues. I've been wanting to get a USB bluetooth stick for my PS4, but I guess it would be out of sync enough that it's unplayable.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm still updating the simple USA/Canada/Mexico price tracker for the Switch eShop. It looks like other folks are doing similar/different/better things, so I should PROBABLY implement sorting soon. Heh.

I have noticed that as of late, few titles appear to be significantly cheaper in Canada/Mexico. It seemed like there were more visible price differences in the first few months.

Then again, lots of stuff appears significantly cheaper on the USA shop these days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, Nintendo really needs to add a demo section to the eShop. You couldn't even know there was a demo for Rayman Legends unless you selected the game & Pokken's demo is only known if you go to upcoming releases because it says "demo available" on the picture. Those two games don't even appear if you do a search for "demo".

Bazry

Man, Nintendo really needs to add a demo section to the eShop. You couldn't even know there was a demo for Rayman Legends unless you selected the game & Pokken's demo is only known if you go to upcoming releases because it says "demo available" on the picture. Those two games don't even appear if you do a search for "demo".

I searched Rayman last night and it came back as no results. You have to go into the coming soon section and click the game to find the demo

jonno394

Hey guys, I captured some Switch footage of next weeks release, League of Evil.

https://youtu.be/JFHuKTXIWMQ

It's pretty simple looking but it's a great twitch platforming experience, and the create-a-level mode and cross sharing ability of these should add a lot of playtime to the title!

jonno394

Is the level editor using touch, stick, or both?

I'll double check, only played it docked to capture the footage, will get back asap.

edit - Yup touch screen can be used for placement, erasing etc, but you need to press B button to bring up the menu

I have a quick question for Switch owners:

Do demos downloaded from the eShop appear on your Redownload list once deleted? And if so, do they remain there even after you've purchased the full game?

On a similar note, do the Testfire and Testpunch apps appear on the list? And if so, do they remain there once the demo period is over?

Thanks in advance!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have a quick question for Switch owners:

Do demos downloaded from the eShop appear on your Redownload list once deleted? And if so, do they remain there even after you've purchased the full game?

On a similar note, do the Testfire and Testpunch apps appear on the list? And if so, do they remain there once the demo period is over?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, demos downloaded appear on your redownload ist. But once you purchase the game you cannot re-download the demo any longer. Those act as a single game: it's either a demo or the full game, they're not separate.

Conversely yes, Testfire and Testpunch also appear as separate games, even after you purchase ARMS and Splatoon.

zigg

Yes, demos downloaded appear on your redownload ist. But once you purchase the game you cannot re-download the demo any longer. Those act as a single game: it's either a demo or the full game, they're not separate.
I have the Puyo Puyo Tetris physical version and can still download the demo. Maybe it's different for physical vs. digital?

Pokemaniac

Conversely yes, Testfire and Testpunch also appear as separate games, even after you purchase ARMS and Splatoon.

You can still download demos after downloading the full game. Just probably not from the redownload software menu.

Chairhome

So I messed up and changed my eshop region to buy One Piece on my son's account (since he's a child account under mine)... I can't change mine back until his account has zero balance. Is there a place for me to buy prepaid japanese cards so I can buy something else to zero it out? My last resort will be to contact Nintendo customer service to zero it out. I have like 370 yen left in my account.

And yeah, next time I'll stick to making a jp account.

Bowl0l

So I messed up and changed my eshop region to buy One Piece on my son's account (since he's a child account under mine)... I can't change mine back until his account has zero balance. Is there a place for me to buy prepaid japanese cards so I can buy something else to zero it out? My last resort will be to contact Nintendo customer service to zero it out. I have like 370 yen left in my account.

How did you top up at the first place? Credit card too? If yes, simply buy anything cheap and don't use the top up option so that your credit card pay up the balance.

What are the must-play games (so far) from the eShop? I’m getting my Switch on Tuesday with Bomberman and Mario+Rabbids, but I want something from the eShop to go with it, too.

jariw

What are the must-play games (so far) from the eShop? I'm getting my Switch on Tuesday with Bomberman and Mario+Rabbids, but I want something from the eShop to go with it, too.

Looking at my current list of games I've played, these are the ones I would recommend to anyone to check out.

Single player:
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+
Blaster Master Zero
Cave Story+
Graceful Explosion Machine
Ironcast
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Snake Pass
Sonic Mania
Thumper
VOEZ
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Single player+multiplayer:
Fast RMX
Minecraft
Puyo-Puyo Tetris (also available retail)
Shovel Knight
Striker 1945
Tumbleweed (last update!)

Multiplayer:
Overcooked
Snipperclips

tolkir

Looking at my current list of games I've played, these are the ones I would recommend to anyone to check out.

Single player:
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+
Blaster Master Zero
Cave Story+
Graceful Explosion Machine
Ironcast
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Snake Pass
Sonic Mania
Thumper
VOEZ
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Single player+multiplayer:
Fast RMX
Minecraft
Puyo-Puyo Tetris (also available retail)
Shovel Knight
Striker 1945
Tumbleweed (last update!)

Multiplayer:
Overcooked
Snipperclips

Add Mighty Gunvolt Burst if you like Inti Creates, Mega Man and cheap price.
If you prefer Mega Man roguelike, GoNNER is the choice.

daxy

Ask Nintendo CS to change account regions if your credit card doesn't work on the JP store.

Brakke

Banned
What are the must-play games (so far) from the eShop? I’m getting my Switch on Tuesday with Bomberman and Mario+Rabbids, but I want something from the eShop to go with it, too.

It took a couple runs for me to grok it but Has-been Heroes is a really excellent tactical roguelike. It's super good for handheld play, easy to pick up and put down in short bursts. Tumbleseed has been a lot of fun, I only played it after the latest update and I've liked it a lot. Also good for handheld play as a pick-up short burst roguelike. Gonner is in the same vein of cool roguelike, it's more action based, and much shorter runs (generally).

Def grab one or two (or all!) of those and you'll always have something on hand you can just drop into.

Also Puyo Puyo Tetris is dope.

tolkir

Yf244Vc1RG2s3gMD1MJW

jmizzal

Japan is doing a discount code with paypal, I wish they do that here, but just not limited it to first 20,000 and have it so you have to buy a game by a certain date, would be cool

https://gonintendo.com/stories/288724-japan-special-paypal-coupon-available-to-switch-eshop-users

- available to the first 20,000 people that buy a game from the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop with PayPal
- games must be priced at ¥3,000 or more
- those first 20,000 people will receive a ¥500 off coupon
- coupon must be used by Dec. 31st

jonno394

For anyone curious about tomorrows eShop title League of Evil, here are some reviews that have come out in the past few days. I recommend it to anyone who likes Twitch action platformers, dying a lot and also creating your own levels!

Nintendo Life 8/10
NindieNews (me) 8/10
Miketendo64 8/10

tolkir

I don't know why mods haven't banned it yet. GoNintendo was banned years ago for less.

https://twitter.com/MixedBagGames/status/902856034145984512
dbQZlqd.png

Always nice to hear about indies having good sales numbers.
Bring all the nindies this evening, Baker.

Awesome news.

Top Bottom