• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | August 2017

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"A downloadable demo of #PokkenTournamentDX is coming to Nintendo eShop on #NintendoSwitch tomorrow at 9pm PT/12am ET!"

So it's hitting earlier compared to when the eShop normally updates, huh.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hmm I feel like August has been the slowest month so far: Only have purchased Slim-San and Sonic Mania. At least Mario + Rabbids is coming at the end of the month.

jariw

Hmm I feel like August has been the slowest month so far: Only have purchased Slim-San and Sonic Mania. At least Mario + Rabbids is coming at the end of the month.

In terms of content, August is much much higher than April/May/June, specially considering that the NeoGAF thread listsings aren't accurate (both De Mambo and Bulb Boy were delayed to July).

As far as other August releases, Ironcast is absolutely fantastic and got stellar reviews, Strikers 1945 is a great retro schmup, Flip Wars is a good game but low on content, Severed is a awesome touchscreen game (if you haven't played on previous platforms), forma.8 and Piczle Lines DX seems like solid releases this week.

deadfolk

Despite my account's location not matching, I managed to connect my Paypal account to my US Nintendo account. Good riddance, credit card region locking and prepaid cards!

Interesting. There are posts elsewhere on Gaf that this hasn't worked for others. Going to have to try it myself.

JP

I'm really sorry for posting here but I wasn;t sure where else to ask and I didn't think it was worth its own thread and it's sort of very loosely about downloads...sort of.

Has anybody used any Bionik hardware or maybe got to see their hardware at E3 or another show this year? I ask because for a while I've wanted something that I've not been able to find anywhere, this...
BNK-9018-GIGANET-Adapter_PR1_480x480.png

It's essentially an ethernet adapter that's designed specifically to fit inside the dock. It's not yet available but I'm just wondering if anybody knows about their hardware or has any horror stories about them?

Thanks, again I am sorry about asking here.

EDIT:

HIGH SPEED USB 3.0 GIGABIT ETHERNET ADAPTER FOR NINTENDO SWITCH™ - $24.99

Refyref

I'm really sorry for posting here but I wasn;t sure where else to ask and I didn't think it was worth its own thread and it's sort of very loosely about downloads...sort of.

Has anybody used any Bionik hardware or maybe got to see their hardware at E3 or another show this year? I ask because for a while I've wanted something that I've not been able to find anywhere, this...

It's essentially an ethernet adapter that's designed specifically to fit inside the dock. It's not yet available but I'm just wondering if anybody knows about their hardware or has any horror stories about them?

Thanks, again I am sorry about asking here.

EDIT:

HIGH SPEED USB 3.0 GIGABIT ETHERNET ADAPTER FOR NINTENDO SWITCH™ - $24.99

I don't know anything about them, but considering any plain Ethernet adapter works on the Switch, I doubt there's much that could go wrong.

JP

I don't know anything about them, but considering any plain Ethernet adapter works on the Switch, I doubt there's much that could go wrong.
Thanks.

The company actually seems pretty new looking at their site. I would quite like to get one of those and you are correct, there isn't really much that can go wrong, I think I'll just see what people think when their stuff starts being reviewed.

I actually think this may be the best post-launch month so far. I've bought way too much and Mario + Rabbids is still to come.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of demos on the Switch.

I'm hearing that Voez, in addition to a new patch that adds 12 more free songs, is getting a demo. It's out right now in Japan, so guessing the US will get it tomorrow.

jmizzal

How do you redownload games on Switch? I deleted the Arms testpunch from before, but when I go to download it in the eshop for the new testpunch it just say purchased, no where to redownload

Robin64

What's amusing about the play limit in Pokken is that they had to bake it into the software, there's no system for doing that on the Switch OS itself like the 3DS has. I assumed the lack of such a system meant we wouldn't see this, but apparently they just decided to put in the extra effort to make it happen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How do you redownload games on Switch? I deleted the Arms testpunch from before, but when I go to download it in the eshop for the new testpunch it just say purchased, no where to redownload
Select the user icon in the top right corner of the eShop for Account Info, then the 3rd option is "Redownload"

Meanwhile, they really need to add a "demo" section to the eShop, though at the very least, searching for "demo" tends to help.

daxy

I was really looking forward to playing that puzzle game that comes out today, but after having seen some gameplay I'm not sure anymore.

Coming off of stuff like the Picross E series and Picross 3D, this game comes across as super janky. The amount and length of its loading screens is really baffling. Its input method of moving a cursor across a screen (instead of allowing for simple directional input across a grid) seems suboptimal and that it doesn't even display the entire 'play field' at once is a strange choice. It doesn't help that its presentation makes it come across like a phone game that I could get for under a fiver either.

Edit: Ah, well it appears I shouldn't be surprised. It is in fact a port of a phone game (total in-app purchase cost comes out higher than the Switch version's price though I don't know if all puzzle packs are in included in the Switch version). I wonder if its home screen icon on Switch will be the same as the one on iOS.

jonno394

I was really looking forward to playing that puzzle game that comes out today, but after having seen some gameplay I'm not sure anymore.

Coming off of stuff like the Picross E series and Picross 3D, this game comes across as super janky. The amount and length of its loading screens is really baffling. Its input method of moving a cursor across a screen (instead of allowing for simple directional input across a grid) seems suboptimal and that it doesn't even display the entire 'play field' at once is a strange choice. It doesn't help that its presentation makes it come across like a phone game that I could get for under a fiver either.

Edit: Ah, well it appears I shouldn't be surprised. It is in fact a port of a phone game (total in-app purchase cost comes out higher than the Switch version's price though I don't know if all puzzle packs are in included in the Switch version). I wonder if its home screen icon on Switch will be the same as the one on iOS.

It's actually quite good tbh, and i never really notice the loading screens. Touchscreen control is the best option, controllers are serviceable though.

I'll have my two OT for Today's indie games posted by around 2pm bst.

jariw

The developer is a GAFer, and this was the reply earlier in the thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246008456&postcount=355

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – A mysterious vortex has torn apart the Mushroom Kingdom, transporting the chaotic Rabbids into this once-peaceful land. To restore order, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and Yoshi must team up with a whole new crew: four Rabbids heroes! Together, they will battle with weapons through four worlds filled with combat, puzzles and unpredictable enemies. The Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle game will be available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch console on Aug. 29.

Activities:

For customers in the United States and Canada, PayPal is now available as a payment option for digital content on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch! Linking your accounts will also allow you to use PayPal as a payment option on the Nintendo website when purchasing content for Nintendo Switch, Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Learn more here.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week:

- forma.8 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Piczle Lines DX (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO Puzzled (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)

Chairhome

One Piece Unlimited World Red is up on the Japanese eshop and it supports english. I may try to get this for my son. I hear linking a US paypal account to a jp Nintendo account doesn't work, so I guess I'll have to get a jp eshop card. Anyone selling?

etrain911

Are there any opinions on getting Mario Kart 7 vs. Hyrule Warrior Legends to play on an old 2DS? My birthday is the 25th and so I got some birthday discounts but those are the only two games that I don't already own that really speak to me. I know Hyrule Warrior Legends has frame rate issues but I already own MK8 Deluxe and don't know how much fun I would have without the smart steering settings.

Just an update to all the kindly people who offered me advice! I went with Hyrule Warriors Legends. I love it! The framerate has some jank but I have no idea what I'm missing since I haven't touched the n3DS version and Musou games make it so easy to just zone out and chill. Switch port soon, I hope. Thanks for all the advice, friends!

DenisQc

- Piczle Lines DX (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)

This !

Do we have a free to play game yet on the Switch ?
This game on my Android phone is F2P, with level pack to be bought, I was wondering why this is not the case on the Switch

And if I remember correctly, the dev of the game is on NeoGAF :)

jonno394

This !

Do we have a free to play game yet on the Switch ?
This game on my Android phone is F2P, with level pack to be bought, I was wondering why this is not the case on the Switch

And if I remember correctly, the dev of the game is on NeoGAF :)

Much like Voez, the Switch version comes with everything unlocked from the get go, and the cost of the mobile app +packs > switch cost.

Bazry

Will wait for someone to post the better format version of the EU PR, but oh boy theres going to be some uphappy people who bought the Jackbox packs

Switch eShop Conditional Discounts

The Jackbox Party Pack (Jackbox Games, €16.79 / £15.19 if user owns at least one The Jackbox Party Pack game, previously €20.99 / £13.49)
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Jackbox Games, €16.79 / £15.19 if user owns at least one The Jackbox Party Pack game, previously €20.99 / £13.49)
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Jackbox Games, €19.19 / £16.02 if user owns at least one The Jackbox Party Pack game, previously €23.99 / £20.03)

Doesn't make sense though

EDIT: They have the previously ones wrong, 1st game is £18.99 but comes up as £15.19 for me as I have JPP3

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
One Piece Unlimited World Red is up on the Japanese eshop and it supports english. I may try to get this for my son. I hear linking a US paypal account to a jp Nintendo account doesn't work, so I guess I'll have to get a jp eshop card. Anyone selling?

buy from amazon.co.jp.

Ondore

Fake Euro PR (sourced from NintendoLife):

Switch Retail
Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure (Telltale Games, €44.99 / £39.99)

Switch eShop
forma.8 (MixedBag, €9.99 / £8.99)
Piczle Lines DX (Rainy Frog, €14.99 / £13.99)
Puzzled (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Switch Demos
Pokkén Tournament DX
ARMS Global Testpunch

Switch Discount
Astro Duel Deluxe (Panic Button, €8.39 / £7.55 until 27th August, normally €13.99 / £12.59)

Switch Conditional Discount

The Jackbox Party Pack (Jackbox Games, €16.79 / £15.19 if user owns at least one The Jackbox Party Pack game, previously €20.99 / £13.49)
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Jackbox Games, €16.79 / £15.19 if user owns at least one The Jackbox Party Pack game, previously €20.99 / £13.49)
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Jackbox Games, €19.19 / £16.02 if user owns at least one The Jackbox Party Pack game, previously €23.99 / £20.03)

3DS DLC
RPG Maker Fes: Disgaea Pack (NIS America, €0.99 / £0.89)
RPG Maker Fes: Disgaea 5 & Asagi Pack (NIS America, €0.99 / £0.89)
RPG Maker Fes: Phantom Brave & Prinny Pack (NIS America, €0.99 / £0.89)
RPG Maker Fes: Prinny Pack (NIS America, €0.99 / £0.89)

3DS Discounts
Pokémon Red and Blue (Nintendo, €6.39 / £5.75 with linked Nintendo Account, €7.99 / £7.19 without an account, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
Pokémon Yellow Version (Nintendo, €6.39 / £5.75 with linked Nintendo Account, €7.99 / £7.19 without an account, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
3D Altered Beast (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Ecco the Dolphin (SEGA, €2.02 / £1.84 until 31st August, normally €4.49 / £4.09)
3D Fantasy Zone (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Fantasy Zone II (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Galaxy Force II (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Gunstar Heroes (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Out Run (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Space Harrier (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Streets of Rage (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Streets of Rage 2 (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Super Hang-On (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Thunder Blade (SEGA, €2.24 / £2.02 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
Beyblade: Evolution (Rising Star Games, €4.99 / £4.99 until 31st August, normally €19.99 / £19.99)
BIT.TRIP Saga (Rising Star Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €17.99 / £19.99)
Girls' Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games, €4.99 / £4.99 until 31st August, normally €19.99 / £19.99)
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (Rising Star Games, €11.99 / £11.99 until 31st August, normally €29.99 / £29.99)
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games, €9.99 / £8.99 until 31st August, normally €19.99 / £17.99)
Hometown Story (Rising Star Games, €7.49 / £7.49 until 31st August, normally €29.99 / £29.99)
Jewel Master Cradle of Egypt 2 3D (Rising Star Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €17.99 / £19.99)
Jewel Master Cradle of Rome 2 (Rising Star Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €17.99 / £19.99)
Shifting World (Rising Star Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €17.99 / £19.99)
Super Black Bass 3D (Rising Star Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €17.99 / £19.99)
Virtue's Last Reward (Rising Star Games, €12.49 / £9.99 until 31st August, normally €24.99 / £19.99)
Brilliant Hamsters! (Rising Star Games, €6.69 / £6.69 until 31st August, normally €9.99 / £9.99)
Excave III: Tower of Destiny (Rising Star Games, €5.29 / £4.80 until 31st August, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
Excave II: Wizard of the Underworld (Rising Star Games, €6.49 / £5.99 until 31st August, normally €10.00 / £8.99)
Psycho Pigs (Rising Star Games, €5.29 / £4.80 until 31st August, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
Sadame (Rising Star Games, €7.49 / £6.49 until 31st August, normally €14.99 / £12.99)
Unholy Heights (Rising Star Games, €3.99 / £3.49 until 31st August, normally €5.99 / £5.39)
Epic Word Search Collection (Lightwood Games, €5.99 / £4.49 until 7th September, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Epic Word Search Collection 2 (Lightwood Games, €5.99 / £4.49 until 7th September, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.99 until 14th September, normally €3.99 / £3.99)
Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.99 until 14th September, normally €3.99 / £3.99)
Demon King Box (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.99 until 14th September, normally €3.99 / £3.99)
Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.99 until 14th September, normally €3.99 / £3.99)
Swords & Soldiers 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.49 / £3.44 until 14th September, normally €6.99 / £6.89)
World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.49 / £2.44 until 14th September, normally €4.99 / £4.89)
Coaster Creator 3D (Big John Games, €5.29 / £4.38 until 21st September, normally €7.25 / £6.00)
Cube Creator 3D (Big John Games, €5.47 / £3.79 until 21st September, normally €7.50 / £5.25)
Defend Your Crypt (Ratalaika Games, €2.00 / £1.80 until 31st August, normally €2.99 / £2.69)
3D Game Collection (Joindots, €5.24 / £3.74 until 31st August, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
Atlantic Quest (Joindots, €5.24 / £3.74 until 31st August, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €7.99 / £5.99)

3DS Themes
Tip The Mouse y la Naturaleza (Brands & Rights 360, €0.99)
Tip the Mouse y Osito (Brands & Rights 360, €0.99)

Wii U Virtual Console
Soldier Blade (Konami, €5.99 / £5.39)
Final Soldier (Konami, €6.99 / £6.29)

Wii U eShop Discounts
PONCHO (Rising Star Games, €4.49 / £3.99 until 31st August, normally €8.99 / £7.99)
99Moves (EnjoyUp Games, €0.99 / £0.91 until 21st September, normally €2.49 / £2.29)
Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, €0.99 / £0.89 until 21st September, normally €1.99 / £1.79)
Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games, €3.99 / £3.59 until 21st September, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
Defend Your Crypt (Ratalaika Games, €2.00 / £1.80 until 31st August, normally €2.99 / £2.69)
Bridge Constructor Playground (Joindots, €7.49 / £6.36 until 31st August, normally €9.99 / £8.49)
Dracula's Legacy (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Frankenstein - Master of Death (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Island Flight Simulator (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.49 until 31st August, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
forma.8 (MixedBag, €9.99 / £8.99, previously €14.99 / £18.99) Permanent

L~A

Will wait for someone to post the better format version of the EU PR, but oh boy theres going to be some uphappy people who bought the Jackbox packs

Doesn't make sense though

EDIT: They have the previously ones wrong, 1st game is £18.99 but comes up as £15.19 for me as I have JPP3

Yup, it's a mistake, the games are indeed £18.99. They both cost the same, with or without discount.

Wonder if there's going to be a similar offer for US users, or is NoA going to be jackasses like they were with that sort of stuff during Wii U / 3DS era.

jholmes

Not sure when it started, but Capcom's got a pretty big sale on Wii U and 3DS. Lots of Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil and Ace Attorney, but the real steal might be DuckTales and D&D for under four bucks each.

Refyref

Yup, it's a mistake, the games are indeed £18.99. They both cost the same, with or without discount.

Wonder if there's going to be a similar offer for US users, or is NoA going to be jackasses like they were with that sort of stuff during Wii U / 3DS era.

There's a 20% discount for owning one of the entries in NA as well.

steveovig

Don't do like I did, and try playing the Voez demo with a Wii-U stylus. For half my first song, I couldn't figure out why I had zero score! Then, I ditched it and went with my finger and things got better.

zigg

Don't do like I did, and try playing the Voez demo with a Wii-U stylus. For half my first song, I couldn't figure out why I had zero score! Then, I ditched it and went with my finger and things got better.
Wait

You can use a stylus on the Switch?

Or there's a Wii U version of VOEZ?

I'm not sure which would blow my mind more

TheMoon

Wait

You can use a stylus on the Switch?

Or there's a Wii U version of VOEZ?

I'm not sure which would blow my mind more

neither :)

A capacitive touchscreen also consists of two spaced layers of glass. Human body is an electrical charge conductor. When a finger touches the glass of the capacitive surface, it changes the local electrostatic field. The system continuously monitors the movement of each tiny capacitor to find out the exact area where the finger had touched the screen.

A resistive touchscreen comprises of several layers, out of which the flexible plastic and glass layers are two important electrically resistive layers. Both the layers face each other and are separated with a thin gap in between. An electrical resistance is created between both the layers in such a way that charge runs from top to bottom in one layer and side-to-side in another. When a finger or stylus tip presses down on the outer surface, both the ITO films meet. It is the measure of the resistance of both the layers at point of contact, which leads to get an accurate measurement of the touch position.

Wii U (+DS/3DS) = resistive (=hence stylus usage)
Switch (+ all your smart devices) = capacitive (hence finger only unless you use a special stylus)

VOEZ is not on Wii U or anything other than mobile and Switch.

The Bridge showed up in the NA eShop. $9.99, September 7 release.

It's Over though. Biddibyebye.

jmizzal

I wonder how TellTale games will be handled on the Switch eshop, will they allow you to buy each eps. for $5 or force you to buy the full thing all at once.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tried the Voez demo from the Japanese eShop, it'll default to English if you choose your US account.

You can play 3 different songs with each difficulty. Game teases you by showing all the songs you could play being locked off.

Game really makes me wish I could use my bluetooth headphones on the Switch so I can listen better instead of defaulting to my cheaper, not as good wired ones.

Top Bottom