• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | August 2017

jariw

Wait, how do you do this on MK8?

I think it only works while playing 2-player online, but other user get both their coins collected and online ranking stored in the profile (without the need to have an online account as the second player).

EDIT: I probably was unclear in my previous post about the fact that it only seems to work in 2-player online mode.

tolkir

https://twitter.com/unepic_fran/status/896289540192837632

I love Unepic, a fantastic metroidvania type game. I always thought this'd be a game i'd want on Switch, but never believed it could happen, glad the devs proved me wrong!

Developer says the Wii U version is the best selling version of the game. Probably it has best profits because SteamSpy says Steam version has sold 440.000 units, probably due to some humble bundle.

According to the Coming Soon section of the eShop, Piczle Lines DX is hitting 08/24 for $15 & will get "free updates with new puzzle packs" in the future.

To compare it to the mobile version, buying everything individually would cost $14.93, so it's pretty much the same price since all the DLC from the mobile version should be included from the get-go for the Switch. Plus it'll have touchscreen support, though I'm looking forward to using the Joycons for accuracy.

Not all puzzles are included from the get-go, but enough to keep you busy until the first (FREE!!) updates, through which eventually you will have them all, plus more. So your maths add up, but it should be even better value than that in the long run.

jariw

https://twitter.com/unepic_fran/status/896289540192837632

I love Unepic, a fantastic metroidvania type game. I always thought this'd be a game i'd want on Switch, but never believed it could happen, glad the devs proved me wrong!

I wasn't aware of Ghost 1.0 before, but reading that it will arrive on the Switch and seeing some gameplay and reviews, I'll probably get that when it arrives. Seems like a very Metroid-like game - and seems perfect for noth portable and docked.

And suddenly I could see a reason why there aren't any VC titles on the Switch. A good way to support third party indies, is to not having them "compete" with VC titles. I mean, even if there are titles like Axiom Verge and Ghost 1.0, lots of people would still buy Super Metroid for the 5th time instead - not because Super Metroid is better, but because it's familiar.

And suddenly I could see a reason why there aren't any VC titles on the Switch. A good way to support third party indies, is to not having them "compete" with VC titles. I mean, even if there are titles like Axiom Verge and Ghost 1.0, lots of people would still buy Super Metroid for the 5th time instead - not because Super Metroid is better, but because it's familiar.

Yeah, I've been thinking this for awhile. I think Nintendo will hold out on launching VC on Switch for as long as possible because of this.

zigg

I wasn't aware of Ghost 1.0 before, but reading that it will arrive on the Switch and seeing some gameplay and reviews, I'll probably get that when it arrives. Seems like a very Metroid-like game - and seems perfect for noth portable and docked.

If they're really doing this, it's a great idea. VC looked to me like it had a bad habit of sucking all the air out of the room with the Wii Shop and the eShop.

I don't know if those people who only wanted to play VC games are still around and buying original titles now, though, or if they've just stuck their Switches in drawers until Mario lands or something.

jariw

Following the pattern of the past weeks, this would be next week's likely schedule on the Switch:
* Sonic Mania (Aug 15)
* Troll and I (Aug 15)
* Jackbox Party Packs 1 & 2 (Aug 17)
* Magician Lord (NeoGeo) (Aug 17)
* Currently unannounced releases that we'll not know about until around Aug 15.

EDIT:
And I tried to make a list of the new Switch indies that were announced during the past 7 days. If it's going to continue like this, it will be very crowded weeks on the eShop in the future.
* Boiling Bolt
* Brawl
* Brawlout
* Frederic: Resurrection of Music
* The Flame in the Flood
* Ghost 1.0
* Hollow
* Human: Fall Flat
* Inversus Deluxe
* Jackboot Party Pack 4
* A Knight's Quest
* Promethium
* Robonauts
* Re:Legend (well, just a "Kickstarter goal reached" announcement)
* Severed (surprise release)
* Super Meat Boy
* Sky Ride
* Time Recoil
* Unepic

jholmes

If they're really doing this, it's a great idea. VC looked to me like it had a bad habit of sucking all the air out of the room with the Wii Shop and the eShop.

I don't know if those people who only wanted to play VC games are still around and buying original titles now, though, or if they've just stuck their Switches in drawers until Mario lands or something.

How is not selling games a great idea? You're advocating for people to be kept from buying what they want.

TheMoon

How is not selling games a great idea? You're advocating for people to be kept from buying what they want.

buying what they already own ten times over. the pitch is giving the limelight to games that would be passed over in favor of classic games that most will probably already own on a Wii, 3DS, or Wii U (or NES Classic or SNES Classic soon). They'll come eventually anyway. Establish the strong selection of digital games on the eShop, encourage checking that stuff out over defaulting to that SNES game you love but will only play 10 minutes of because you've played 100 times already but now you're out of the cash you could have spent on a new game from someone trying to make ends meet.

Phoenixus

It'd be great if when Nintendo do eventually bring out Switch VC that they give it its own separate release day each week. That way the indie and bigger retail releases can still shine on Thursdays thereabouts, and VC games can have their own podium say half a week later or so. That's how I'd do it anyway.

jariw

According to Nintendo Life, there are now 99 Switch games on both the NA and EU eShops, with Sonic being the 100th.

zigg

Rayman Legends demo is up on the Switch EU eShop.
I almost forgot this game was coming.

I'm a little depressed because I played it on the Wii U with a friend who I don't live near anymore, and we had such amazing fun playing his copy co-op with the touchscreen and platforming.

But I'm in for this version.

tolkir

At least, they could answer me saying thanks for the concerning and give me a 10% coupon to buy New Super Mario Bros. U.
I'm disappointed.

I downloaded the Rayman demo just for fun. I've only played it on the Wii U before, but the Murphy sections seem much more awkward when you aren't actually touching objects. It really changes the flow of the game from what I'm used to. I also imagine it would make some of the other later touch based puzzles much less interesting.

I don't think I'll rebuy it anyway, unless it becomes very cheap, but fortunately it looks like you can still use touch controls if playing handheld mode. I played it two players originally though, so I don't know how having a computer controlled player will work. I imagine that isn't much fun either.

zigg

I don't think I'll rebuy it anyway, unless it becomes very cheap, but fortunately it looks like you can still use touch controls if playing handheld mode. I played it two players originally though, so I don't know how having a computer controlled player will work. I imagine that isn't much fun either.
As I recall, the ports mapped Murfy to a button. Push X to Murfy. 😄

TheMoon

I downloaded the Rayman demo just for fun. I've only played it on the Wii U before, but the Murphy sections seem much more awkward when you aren't actually touching objects. It really changes the flow of the game from what I'm used to. I also imagine it would make some of the other later touch based puzzles much less interesting.

it's almost as if it was designed to be a console exclusive utilizing a hardware feature that supposedly was never used for anything.

to be needlessly ultra clear: not talking to you, just jumping off of this for some early morning snark :)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

L~A

North America:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Minecraft: Story Mode – The Complete Adventure – Embark on a perilous quest across the Overworld, to the End and beyond. With a team of friends at your side, and a troubled land in need of heroes, your decisions – what you say and do – drive the story around you, so choose wisely! The Minecraft: Story Mode – The Complete Adventure game includes all five episodes of Season One and all three episodes of the Adventure Pass. The game will be available on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch on Aug. 22.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

My Nintendo Rewards – The Flip Wars game for the Nintendo Switch console is now available. This tense multiplayer action game will have you stomping to flip over panels – and unwitting opponents! To win, flip the most panels to your color in local battles, online* or single-player. To celebrate the launch, we’re featuring My Nintendo rewards for players who love a good virtual battle.

Redeem your points for 30 percent off:

Tank Troopers (Nintendo 3DS): Choose a tank, pick troopers and battle your friends via local wireless**. Each trooper has a special ability, from electric shocks to healing. Deploy them tactically to win 30+ custom tanks with unique stats. Battle with bombs, on teams or in a free-for-all – but always fight! Fight! FIGHT!
The Wonderful 101 (Wii U): Developed by Platinum Games, play as Wonder Red, leader of the Wonderful 100. Unite your band of Wonderful Ones to morph into powerful transformations such as a fist, sword, glider and gun to battle invaders throughout Blossom City and across the world. The Wonderful 100 – and YOU – are the city’s best weapon.
You can also pick up the Smash Controller application on the Nintendo 3DS system for just 10 Gold Points. This application lets you use your Nintendo 3DS family system as a controller when playing the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game – even without owning the Nintendo 3DS version of the game.
Plus, you can redeem points for Flip Wars and Tank Troopers wallpapers. Interested in more action-packed, battle-based games? Check out the selection here.

Also new this week:

- The Jackbox Party Pack (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO Magician Lord (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Sky Ride (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Chicken Wiggle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Alchemic Dungeon (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Ein Bear

Glad to see the other two Jackbox games get a release, Party Pack 3 has been a huge hit with my family. Seems odd that they're all separate executables though, would be nicer to just have the one app that let you access everything.

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Sonic Mania (SEGA USA) - €19.99/£15.99
Experience the ultimate celebration of past and future in Sonic Mania, an all-new 2D Sonic adventure running at a crisp 60FPS with stunning HD retro-style graphics. Multiple playable characters give you the ability to go explosively fast as Sonic, soar as Tails, or power through tough obstacles with Knuckles’ brute strength. You can re-live the Sonic of the past with an exciting new twist on classic zones while fighting against new bosses and Dr. Eggman’s evil robot army. Go head to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend. Sonic Mania was developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games in collaboration with Sonic Team. Welcome to Sonic Mania!

Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition Demo (Ubisoft) - Free
Rayman rocks again on Nintendo Switch! Discover the ultimate experience of the acclaimed platformer with Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition Demo.

The Jackbox Party Pack (Jackbox Games) - €20.99/£18.99
For 1-100 players! Your phones or tablets are your controllers! Players play using their phones, tablets, or even computers as controllers – making it the perfect easy-in entertainment piece for your next game night or party. Once a game is started from the in-pack menu, players simply connect to the “jackbox.tv” web address on their device and then enter the on-screen room code to enter a game. No big mess of controllers needed! You’re gonna need more than one party for this. Note: The games included in this pack are in English only.

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Jackbox Games) - €20.99/£18.99
The sequel to the party game phenomenon The Jackbox Party Pack, featuring FIVE fresh, rib-tickling party games! Players play using their phones, tablets, or even computers as controllers – making it the perfect easy-to-join party starter. No extra controllers needed! And, spectators can join and affect some games by playing as Audience members! NOTE: This game is local play only. It’s a game-night riot in a box… without the box! Note: The games included in this pack are in English only.

ACA NEOGEO MAGICIAN LORD (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
MAGICIAN LORD is a side-scrolling action game released by SNK in 1990. This fantasy action game was one of the launch titles on NEOGEO. Control the magician Elta on a journey to save the world from Gal-Agiese, who came back to life once again.

Troll and I (Maximum Games) - €34.99/£24.99
Deep in the Nordic wilderness, a teenage boy named Otto is forced to flee his home after a band of brutal hunters rip through his village in search of a mythical creature rumoured to inhabit the forest. Now on the run for his life, Otto inadvertently finds and befriends the elusive creature being sought by the hunters. Thus begins the perilous adventure of Troll and Otto. Together, the unlikely friends embark on a journey through treacherous territory plagued with rivals. Natives to the forest, Troll and Otto must use their inherent skills to sneak, strategize, and battle their way back home. The forest is filled with unknowns, and teamwork is pivotal to staying alive.

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Chicken Wiggle (Atooi) - €14.99/£13.49
The stars of Chicken Wiggle are an improbable duo: a young chicken and his best buddy – a wiggly worm – nestled in his backpack! Together, they team up for adventure to jump, peck, and worm-grapple across a myriad of perplexing platforming levels – full of fun gadgets, tricky hazards, and sneaky foes – determined to rescue their friends from the wicked witch in her sky towers.

SmileBASIC (SMILEBOOM) - €9.50/£8.00
SmileBASIC is a portable version of a programming language known as BASIC. BASIC is a programming language designed to help beginners learn to program. As soon as you start SmileBASIC, you can begin programming! When you're finished, you can play the game you made! Enjoy intuitive, trouble-free programming.

Little Adventure on the Prairie (Infinite Madaa) - €3.49/£2.99
A short and fun platforming adventure game. Venture through 12 levels of pure slaughter and mindlessly try to kill all the monsters that are facing you. Want to finish the last level from the first time without dying? Try using the different items throughout the levels to overcome all the monsters and obstacles easier.

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 9 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Large Puzzles 9 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
SmileBASIC: Advanced Sound Processing Unit (SMILEBOOM) - €7.50/£6.25
SmileBASIC: Gold Membership (30 days) (SMILEBOOM) - €1.50/£1.25
SmileBASIC: Gold Membership (90 days) (SMILEBOOM) - €4.50/£3.75
SmileBASIC: Gold Membership (180 days) (SMILEBOOM) - €7.50/£6.25

Special offers
Hit Ninja (Petite Games, New 3DS only) - €1.59/£1.43 (Ends August 31, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Pinball Breakout (nuGAME, New 3DS only) - €4.90/£4.20 (Ends September 14, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Collide-a-Ball (STARSIGN) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends September 7, normally €1.99/£1.99)
Ping Pong Trick Shot (STARSIGN) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends September 7, normally €1.99/£1.99)
Quiet, Please! (Nostatic Software) - €2.79/£2.39 (Ends August 24, normally €3.49/£2.99)
Fantasy Pirates (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.80/£1.80 (Ends September 14, normally €4.50/£4.50)
RV-7 My Drone (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.19/£1.19 (Ends September 14, normally €2.99/£2.99)
TOYS VS MONSTERS (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.59/£1.59 (Ends September 14, normally €3.99/£3.99)
VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.66/£2.66 (Ends September 14, normally €6.66/£6.66)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends August 24, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Sudoku Party (Lightwood Games) - €4.00/£3.60 (Ends August 31, normally €5.00/£4.50)
Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends August 24, normally €7.99/£5.99)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 9 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99

Special offers
FAST Racing NEO (Shin'en Multimedia) - €11.20/£8.20 (Ends September 7, normally €14.99/£10.99)
Laser Blaster (Petite Games) - €1.59/£1.43 (Ends August 31, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Star Splash: Shattered Star (Snails Animation) - €2.09/£1.79 (Ends September 7, normally €3.49/£2.99)
Sudoku Party (Lightwood Games) - €4.00/£3.60 (Ends August 31, normally €5.00/£4.50)
Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends August 24, normally €7.99/£5.99)

My Nintendo Rewards
Pokémon Rumble U (Nintendo) - 350 PP for 35% discount (Ends October 31)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Nintendo, DS VC) - 200 PP for 30% discount (Ends October 31)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (Nintendo, GBA VC) - 200 PP for 30% discount

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop
New themes will be available on August 18.

Kirby 25th Anniversary (Nintendo) - €1.99/£1.79
Kirby, Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, King Dedede and others appear in this lively theme to celebrate Kirby's 25th anniversary.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Officially on the docket for next week...

img_20170817_0837548fbog.jpg

sheaaaa

buying what they already own ten times over. the pitch is giving the limelight to games that would be passed over in favor of classic games that most will probably already own on a Wii, 3DS, or Wii U (or NES Classic or SNES Classic soon). They'll come eventually anyway. Establish the strong selection of digital games on the eShop, encourage checking that stuff out over defaulting to that SNES game you love but will only play 10 minutes of because you've played 100 times already but now you're out of the cash you could have spent on a new game from someone trying to make ends meet.

I have to disagree - I think there should be more options and then proper store curation and promotion should the things pointing people to the new games instead. Make VC a different app on the home screen, for example, instead of stuffing everything into the eShop. Either way, for me, the lack of VC has been the only real black mark on the Switch so far.

I mean, even if there are titles like Axiom Verge and Ghost 1.0, lots of people would still buy Super Metroid for the 5th time instead - not because Super Metroid is better, but because it's familiar.

Ironically it's not like Axiom Verge and Ghost 1.0 are Switch exclusives anyway! The Switch would be the 3rd platform I own Axiom Verge on, if I get it. My point is - release all the games! Give people options and give exposure to the actual new games with proper curation and promotion.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I was thinking of getting a 50 dollar E shop code and getting stuff. This will be my first E shop purchase. I would like to get one Shump at least and might get Snipperclips but wanna try the demo with the old lady first. What do you guys recommend? My PS4 has become pretty much a Enter the Gungeon machine and have barely played anything else for like 6 months.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I am leaning towards Thumper, Severed, and Aero Fighters 2. Also maybe Sonic Mania since the girlfriend wants to play it but we are worried about the difficulty spike since we both aren't that great at Sonic games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Graceful Explosion Machine
Thumper
Minecraft
Shantae
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Sonic
Snipperclips
Shovel Knight
Overcooked
FAST Racing RMX

NeonBlack

I'm planning to buy Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack but I don't know if I should go digital or import the physical. Do physical JP games come with english options?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Best Buy was doing a buy $50, get $10 sale a few weeks ago; I loaded up, earned 7% in rewards on all that too. Had to pick-up in-store though.

Should have stocked up...

Bought Magician Lord, Strikers 1945, and Namco Museum tonight.

Looking at Phantom Trigger, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, Sengoku, and Slime-san. Any of those NOT worth it?

Top Bottom