• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | August 2017

lbs.

Help me out please people....

I'm looking to buy one o' them there King of Fighters games, but which 1 should I get?

I was a Street Fighter kid (I'll wait for a sale on Ultra!) so never played any of these games...

Thanks! :)

chronomac

Then I don't get the reactions. We knew it was coming. It was a Wii U game that got moved to Switch.

I think people are excited that it's in the home stretch (ie. testing/QA). It means it's relatively close. This game's going to rocket to #1 when it hits.

tolkir

Help me out please people....

I'm looking to buy one o' them there King of Fighters games, but which 1 should I get?

I was a Street Fighter kid (I'll wait for a sale on Ultra!) so never played any of these games...

Thanks! :)

I don't play 2D fighting games, but I think the consensus of the best game is:

Best King of Fighters - '98
Best Fatal Fury - Garou

I don't know if consensus changes when someone is novice or expert.
Neo Geo thread can advice you better

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Then I don't get the reactions. We knew it was coming. It was a Wii U game that got moved to Switch.

We haven't really seen any Switch footage till now, and people are excited for arguably the best indie game since Minecraft.

I don't see why this is hard to understand.

After the success of Strikers 1945, I hope we see a ton of SHMUPs on Switch. I've been spamming HuCast Game's Facebook for about a month now, begging for a Ghost Blade port.

Yousefb

Hey guys. My main account on my switch is American. But I set up another UK account so I can download some games that show up earlier on the eshop because of time zone differences.

I purchased a digital code for eshop points off of amazon to use on the UK eshop. However, whenever I try to redeem the code on the UK eshop I get an invalid code message. Can I only redeem this on the NA eshop? I'm confused, I thought points were the work around for different regions.

daxy

Hey guys. My main account on my switch is American. But I set up another UK account so I can download some games that show up earlier on the eshop because of time zone differences.

I purchased a digital code for eshop points off of amazon to use on the UK eshop. However, whenever I try to redeem the code on the UK eshop I get an invalid code message. Can I only redeem this on the NA eshop? I'm confused, I thought points were the work around for different regions.

Did you buy UK eShop credit or is it in US dollars?

Yousefb

Did you buy UK eShop credit or is it in US dollars?

US dollars. I searched for a digital code on Amazon.co.uk but nothing came up. So I got it off amazon.com (w/ US dollars) because the FAQ mentioned it could be used with other regions.

jonno394

Phew, upcoming schedule looks to be slowing down a little, the past few weeks have been immense so im actually grateful the number of releases over next two weeks isn't that high, though that being said, there'll probably be plenty of last minute announcements like we've seen recently!

Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack is the next Indie game I'm hyped for. Might start working on some form of OT for it!

daxy

US dollars. I searched for a digital code on Amazon.co.uk but nothing came up. So I got it off amazon.com (w/ US dollars) because the FAQ mentioned it could be used with other regions.

Yeah, that FAQ is wrong. Maybe in other regions that also use US dollars. You need to buy eShop credit in the same currency as the shop you want to spend it in, so you needed to buy it in British pounds. Sorry dude :(

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...ntries-with-a-different-currency--244861.html

For future reference, all cards in Euros will work in any eShop from a country with the Euro as its currency. Maybe that's easier.

Yousefb

Yeah, that FAQ is wrong. Maybe in other regions that also use US dollars. You need to buy eShop credit in the same currency as the shop you want to spend it in, so you needed to buy it in British pounds. Sorry dude :(

Ah, thanks for the clarification buddy. It's all good, in either case I'll have money saved up in the eshop to use I suppose. I'm just inpatient and didn't want to wait til 12pm ET anymore since I don't live there anymore heh.

But it's weird because I searched "UK eshop points, ecash, digital code" etc but nothing comes up for me! All I can find is the American links.

daxy

Ah, thanks for the clarification buddy. It's all good, in either case I'll have money saved up in the eshop to use I suppose. I'm just inpatient and didn't want to wait til 12pm ET anymore since I don't live there anymore heh.

But it's weird because I searched "UK eshop points, ecash, digital code" etc but nothing comes up for me! All I can find is the American links.

You can get them directly from Paypal:

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/nintendo-eshop-cards.html

Or from CDkeys (go to their Facebook page for a 5% off coupon)

http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/eshop-topup-cards

jariw

Phew, upcoming schedule looks to be slowing down a little, the past few weeks have been immense so im actually grateful the number of releases over next two weeks isn't that high, though that being said, there'll probably be plenty of last minute announcements like we've seen recently!

I agree with this analysis. Nintendo seem to have opened the floodgates considerably since the beginning of July, and it seems to continue that way. They have been pretty consistent with about 5+1 (original+retro) Switch releases each week on average since then.

The list upcoming games on the EU eShop front page has also increased considerably during the last months. There seems to be a change of policy here. When the Switch was launched, games almost never appeared as TBD, now there are lots of TBD games added.

daxy

Thank you! Should have asked you before, haha.

Glad to help! Also, if you're planning on changing the region on your Nintendo account to the UK and then switching back, once you add the currency you won't be allowed to change regions until it's all spent (which is pretty much impossible since you'll likely be left with a few cents). The recommended route is to make a new UK Nintendo account. Though do try it with a CC if you have one. Maybe it'll work and you won't need these points after all.

Yousefb

Glad to help! Also, if you're planning on changing the region on your Nintendo account to the UK and then switching back, once you add the currency you won't be allowed to change regions until it's all spent (which is pretty much impossible since you'll likely be left with a few cents). The recommended route is to make a new UK Nintendo account. Though do try it with a CC if you have one. Maybe it'll work and you won't need these points after all.
That's what I did already actually. Made a separate UK account. Unfortunately CC doesn't work.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If anyone cares, MH Stories demo has no play limit. Having save data from the demo will also give you special items when you play the full version & save data can be imported as well.

johnyqd

So this is odd. Infinite Minigolf's NOA page is gone, it can't be found from their main list of games, and apparently it's disappeared from the actual eShop on the console? I can't check the eShop from work to confirm that last bit.

OK - this is odd - I purchased it last week and still had it logged on my wishlist. You can't find it by browsing the store directly or searching for the title. When I bring it up via the wishlist it just has "Not Available for Purchase" listed below the release date.

Logging in to see if the game is working now.

Update: Game seems to be working fine, tried a quick user created hole.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, so this is a rather nit-picky complaint for MH Stories, but I just have to mention it.

So during in-game cutscenes & talking to characters where you read text, there's a sound effect that indicates when you can press A to advance the text/scene, & it gets rather annoying when I wish the game would just auto-advance the text during cutscenes, not to mention the sound might play while a character is still talking the fake mumbo-jumbo language.

I've never played a game that had to give an audio cue as to when you can advance the text when they always use an arrow or whatever to show you can press A to continue. It just takes me out when the characters are trying to talk about something & hear that after EVERY....SINGLE...LINE. Imagine if Capcom did this for Ace Attorney, it would get annoying fast, especially for the more serious/tense moment.

Also, New 3DS supports the nub for camera, but you can also use L/R.

gunstarhero

Flip Wars is really good - but it could have used a lot more polish. Was expecting a better presentation with Nintendo publishing it.

jluedtke

Flip Wars is really good - but it could have used a lot more polish. Was expecting a better presentation with Nintendo publishing it.

Same here. I hope it's a success, because it has a ton of potential. But it could use a bit more polish, like you said, and I'm hoping they update it with a few more level types. As it is right now it's fun but really basic.

johnyqd

Apparently the ESRB rating has been changed from E to T so it's been pulled up rectify that.

Yeah - I posted the question to them about the delisting on their forums and they confirmed this. Even better - it's because of new upcoming content!

Aside from a few gripes I can easily recommend the game. Lots of content, quick and fun multiplayer, user content being added at a very fast pace (and overall it's better than I would have expected at this point).

One of my gripes (and this is true for ALL Switch games as far as I know) is the fact that multiple users on one system can't all log in with their profile. In this case it's exacerbated since the other users are all stuck with default character choices (you can customize but the unlocks from the main profile don't carry over).

I hope you have all bought Slime-San. It is superb. I can say that definitively now as I've beat the main game (100 levels, all apples collected). As soon as I finished I wanted more - which is available in both speed run challenges & a new game + with remixed levels.

I picked up Phantom Trigger and played through the first area (left the default Hard difficulty on). My initial feeling is that the price/length of game ratio may be off - I know this is a very subjective opinion and may very well change if subsequent levels are longer. Another quibble I have is that I find it very hard to determine the hit boxes of the enemies and many of my attacks whiff. This may be because of the perspective or I might just have bad aim - but it has been quite frustrating.

jariw

One of my gripes (and this is true for ALL Switch games as far as I know) is the fact that multiple users on one system can't all log in with their profile. In this case it's exacerbated since the other users are all stuck with default character choices (you can customize but the unlocks from the main profile don't carry over).

MK8 DX and Minecraft work with separate user profiles logins in multiplayer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to the Coming Soon section of the eShop, Piczle Lines DX is hitting 08/24 for $15 & will get "free updates with new puzzle packs" in the future.

To compare it to the mobile version, buying everything individually would cost $14.93, so it's pretty much the same price since all the DLC from the mobile version should be included from the get-go for the Switch. Plus it'll have touchscreen support, though I'm looking forward to using the Joycons for accuracy.

TheMoon

According to the Coming Soon section of the eShop, Piczle Lines DX is hitting 08/24 for $15 & will get "free updates with new puzzle packs" in the future.

To compare it to the mobile version, buying everything individually would cost $14.93, so it's pretty much the same price since all the DLC from the mobile version should be included from the get-go for the Switch. Plus it'll have touchscreen support, though I'm looking forward to using the Joycons for accuracy.

game is made by a gaffer:

Apologies if this was answered before but this thread is already 100 pages long :(

Is it acceptable to make an OT on your own game? Or is that considered too self-promotional and iffy?

(It's regarding this btw: Piczle Lines DX for Switch)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember them talking about it a while ago (it was back in May) & they even answered a question or two I had since it seemed right my alley, though they had no word on price at the time.

I might wait for a sale considering how much I'm already spending in Sept., but glad to hear it finally has a release date & price. Give the mobile version a go to get a good idea as to what the game is like, just on a smaller screen. It'll fit great on the Switch's screen.

johnyqd

MK8 DX and Minecraft work with separate user profiles logins in multiplayer.

You are right - I don't think I saw that since my wife's profile hasn't been linked to an online account. I'll have to link up and will retest it.

Thanks!

jariw

You are right - I don't think I saw that since my wife's profile hasn't been linked to an online account. I'll have to link up and will retest it.

Thanks!

For MK8 DX at least, I'm pretty sure it works without online account. If you play multiplayer on another account, the coins you collected during those matches will show up in your stats when you play on your own profile. And I'd be surprised if the Minecraft achievements would require an online account.

Top Bottom