• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2011

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
They're both ports of the XBLA/PSN tables. On iPhone it's a free download and comes with one full table free, extra tables are $2 a pop. The 3DS game comes with four tables.

And the iOS version (I have it on my iPad) is completely utter shit compared to the 3DS one.
Framerate, graphics, physics... you name it. Plus the 3D is among the best on the system, very nice and it suits like a glove pinball games, 2D version now looks so... flat.
If he likes it on iOS (where Gameprom's Pinball HD platform is much superior to the Zen Pinball iOS trainwreck) then he'll be blown away by the 3DS version.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Gameboy Tetris eh?
I loved it back in the day but it doesn't come close to Tetris' definitive version:

Tengen Tetris on NES.
I'd pay $10 for that one on 3DS, for now the NesDS emu on my DSLite will have to do.

Sinthetic

Damn. Why don't they think of all the nerds waiting for their platformer fix?
The wait has been long enough ...
But thanks for the info though ;)

Hahaha you are right! I check every hour. I can't say that it's definitely 3 - 5 PM, but it's definitely not updated as of 2.27 PM!

Chopper

"What's new on 22 December" notification is in the news section in Europe, but titles aren't up! Nintendo with the inane teasing.

Apparently we get Nintendo Letter Box. That'll be SwapNote, right?

Sinthetic

"What's new on 22 December" notification is in the news section in Europe, but titles aren't up! Nintendo with the inane teasing.

Apparently we get Nintendo Letter Box. That'll be SwapNote, right?

Yep, impossible for Nintendo to keep a uniform name for something across UK/US though isn't it? SwapNote is much better.

Doomboy

Neo Member
Haha, just got a Spotpass notification advertising Mighty Switch Force here in the UK.

When I press the button to see it in the eShop it launches the app then says "Error Code 007-3101 This software is not currently available."

Well done, Nintendo! :p

Aucool

Haha, just got a Spotpass notification advertising Mighty Switch Force here in the UK.

When I press the button to see it in the eShop it launches the app then says "Error Code 007-3101 This software is not currently available."

Well done, Nintendo! :p

Lol same here in Italy, I love Nintendo for things like these

Yeah. Konami was not really active on Wii VC, so I expect them to release Bonk and Bomberman and then think that's enough.

I'm half expecting TG16 on 3DS VC to just not happen. Hudson USA was really the driving force behind things on Wii afaik, putting pressure on Hudson Japan to secure content.

Konami sucks, no Genesis stuff, no Arcade stuff, they backed out of TMNT after releasing just the worst one and leaving their MSX stuff (most of shich is already fully translated) stay in Japan.

18-Volt

seriously... i know that's not long now, but why are NOA dicking about with eShop stuff? it's one area they absolutely need to be strong in, and they aren't even on par with europe and japan. what's the excuse? why is it happening?

It's the new "let them breath" philosophy. Back in the day third parties bitched about how Nintendo's first party titles stole their thunder, now NoA don't release 1st party games same time with third party games. It's the main reason that there's no 1st party 3DS games from now to March 23th.

Seriously, Mighty Switch Force needs to be sold well without free software distractions.

vitacola

Letter Box seems to be huge: 5 minutes to download.
Now, MSF, I will buy and play you!

EDIT: MSF is 6€, not 5€ like Nintendo said on their page.

Gravijah

It's the new "let them breath" philosophy. Back in the day third parties bitched about how Nintendo's first party titles stole their thunder, now NoA don't release 1st party games same time with third party games. It's the main reason that there's no 1st party 3DS games from now to March 23th.

Seriously, Mighty Switch Force needs to be sold well without free software distractions.

i wish nintendo would realize that sony and apple have been paying third parties to complain about the release schedule of nintendo games. they're trying to sabotage them and it's not right.

Up on the front page in the UK.

Letter Box has a nicely done interface. I need more friends on my friends list to get anything out of it, though.

Doomboy

Neo Member
The new apps are up in the UK as well now.

Edit: Dammit, beaten. "Nintendo Letter Box" requires 99 blocks by the way.

vitacola

Took me 20 seconds to download.

Nikki :3

Hmmm. Something is wrong with my internet I think. The download of Mighty Switch Force took 18 minutes until it stopped with an error code. Now trying it again.

@all: How can I delete messages from the Letter Box?
wanna get rid of the first penis I received, lol

@BowieZ: I wrote you a message :)

what they need is people using the service. there's been comparatively little released here in America compare to other markets. i don't see how that sells 3rd party stuff. eh... obviously if they think releasing less downloadable games is going to make them sell more downloadable games that's what they think.

but like, didn't they already try that with DSi ware?

the service needs more games now. ho hum.

Sinthetic

Is Pictobits only now being released in Europe or something? Game is awesome. I want a 3DS sequel. Maybe with voxels. Voxelbits!

No mate, it was released many moons ago, I just got over my puzzlephobia (thanks to Pushmo). Hearing you think it is awesome makes me hyped to play!

EDIT: @Celine: Just played Level 1 out of 16. Took me 3 minutes, but there is a goal time to reach (for a Blue Star award)... Incentive to replay.

Visuals are bright and lovely, 3D is really deep and sharp. The main character is cute and has spoken voiceover. Controls are simple, Y to shoot, B to jump and A/R/L to switch blocks, Y is to pan the camera around the 2D Plane. Music is very funky, dancy/techno that actually fits the game well.

The main premise is to find 5 escaped convict girls and once you do, the level is cleared. You switch blocks from the fore/background to help you navigate areas of the stage. There is a really cool animation of you hitting and cracking the top screen if you get caught by a block! I went back and replayed the 1st stage to beat the target time and I'd say it took a go or two, so that's 10 minutes play time for stage 1. I'm not sure this will end up being less than 3 - 5 hours if you are a completionist like me.

You collect tokens from downed enemies, there may be some upgrade/shop system? I'll play on and find out.

So far, it seems really really nice. This is my first Way Forward game, so the impression initially from them is very good indeed.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Played the first 5 stages of mighty switch force - and see it looks and plays great. I hope they'll add content via DLC is the sales are good.

Chopper

I would like to apologize to those of you who might have received a 3D penis from me. As soon as I unlocked the 3D option, I just had to...

Top Bottom