• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

@MUWANdo

Banned
NOE is usually pretty consistent about following NCL's lead when it comes to sales, so maybe we'll get something, too.

Oh, and I just remembered something... weren't we supposed to be getting Nano Assault EX this month?

beril

Yes, I think beril is going to be very happy :D

I am, about the reviews and charts anyway.
For the actual sales figures, it's still too early to celebrate. It looks promising, and it's outpacing the iOS launch despite not being out in America yet. But the numbers aren't quite high enough to generate a large pile of cash after a few days; it all depends on the legs, and I have no idea what the typical sales curves looks like on the platform.

40 minutes is somewhat shorter than I expected, but still day one for Gunman Clive. I'll surely be updating you about the situation in the Brazilian eShop.

It depends on your platforming skills, from what I've heard most people take a bit more than that. But no, it's not a very long game. You can speedrun it in less than 20 minutes, and it's not designed to be excruciatingly difficult either.

Javier

tvUF8.jpg

Chopper

- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (VC NES 3DS, €4.99/£4.49)
- LEGO Lord of the Rings Demo (3DS).
- Rabi Lady (DSiW, 200p)
- Academy Chess Puzzles (DSiW, 200p)
- World Heroes 2 (Wii VC, 900p)
Cool. Cheers. Will definitely get Lost Levels and the LotR demo.

So, Wii U goes ignored again?!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Aren't they going to release Zen Pinball 2 for the WiiU on December as promised?
Shibata lied?

Nintendo announces inaccurate release dates all the time, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get it this month. Something similar happened to Zen Pinball 3D on 3DS, now that I think about it...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I am, about the reviews and charts anyway.
For the actual sales figures, it's still too early to celebrate. It looks promising, and it's outpacing the iOS launch despite not being out in America yet.

Mmh, now that you said this...do you remember how fared your game's iOS launch in charts? In what position did it debut?

beril

Mmh, now that you said this...do you remember how fared your game's iOS launch in charts? In what position did it debut?

It cracked the top 25 in a few countries, and it was #19 for games/adventure on ipad in the US at one point.

but looking at the numbers it seems I was mistaken; the first few days on iOS were a bit higher than I remembered, and higher than 3DS. But it's of course worldwide numbers vs europe only, so the 3DS sales are still quite favourable in comparison

Qurupeke

- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (VC NES 3DS, €4.99/£4.49)
- LEGO Lord of the Rings Demo (3DS).
- Rabi Lady (DSiW, 200p)
- Academy Chess Puzzles (DSiW, 200p)
- World Heroes 2 (Wii VC, 900p)

Demo! Nice! A great way to end this December. December was an awesome month.

watershed

Banned
It cracked the top 25 in a few countries, and it was #19 for games/adventure on ipad in the US at one point.

but looking at the numbers it seems I was mistaken; the first few days on iOS were a bit higher than I remembered, and higher than 3DS. But it's of course worldwide numbers vs europe only, so the 3DS sales are still quite favourable in comparison

Do you have plans for more 3ds games in the future?

sakipon

All DLC are bought and downloaded from eshop. DLC installation starts when you start the game.

Really? Seems a bit surprising after seeing them keep DLC off the eShop on 3DS.

So, technically, can you purchase only some DLC without the base game? Like how there's been misunderstandings and accidental buys on PSN.

enishi

Really? Seems a bit surprising after seeing them keep DLC off the eShop on 3DS.

So, technically, can you purchase only some DLC without the base game? Like how there's been misunderstandings and accidental buys on PSN.

It had a reminder that you need to have the main game to boot the DLC.

Here is the screenshot on eshop
fCGkvl.jpg

And these DLC count Nintendo Network Premium points.

wsippel

Banned
Tank! Tank! Tank! in Japan eshop released yesterday is working on paid DLC based.

All DLC are bought and downloaded from eshop. DLC installation starts when you start the game.
Completely forgot about that. Doesn't seem to support purchasing DLC from within the game, though? That would seem to be pretty much a requirement for Zen Pinball...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Given that the Wii U eShop can run without having to close down the game, isn't it possible for a Wii U game to hotlink to the DLC purchase page? That is, you click "buy the ___" and your game automatically pauses and the eShop page for that game's DLC pops up... it seems plausible.

zroid

Banned
I don't get this notion of buying DLC outside the game. It makes so much more sense to be in-game.

I don't really get it either. Like, some people wanted to download that temporarily free NSMB2 DLC without owning the game as yet. So they complained about the DLC being locked to IGP.

Of course, the whole point of being temporarily free is to reward the people who do already own the game.

DenisQc

not on nintendo press website but I saw it on my RSS feed :

Dec. 27, 2012 - This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content: Holiday Deals in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, Fluidity: Spin Cycle, Super Mario Bros.™: The Lost Levels, Mega Man™, and SHOCK TROOPERS 2ND SQUAD. Login to download the entire release and images for all titles.

Deals for Wii U only, sigh....
good news, but as a 3ds only owner I fell left aside

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Still not able to properly update this month's OP, but here it is, haha:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U™
Holiday Deals in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U – For a limited time, Chasing Aurora, Little Inferno and Trine 2™: Director’s Cut are now available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U at a special price.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Fluidity: Spin Cycle – Tilt, turn and even completely rotate your Nintendo 3DS system 360 degrees to maneuver a puddle of water through a mazelike, magical world filled with tricky tunnels and crazy contraptions. In this sequel to the hit game Fluidity, change from liquid to a block of ice or a steam cloud to solve fun, gravity-defying puzzles as you try to rescue the Rainbow Spirits trapped in the pages of a magical book.

Super Mario Bros.™: The Lost Levels – Originally released in 1986 in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2, this game has made only brief appearances in the West. Mario™ fans will appreciate the familiar look and feel of the game, while finding that its updated game play presents an entirely new challenge. In addition to the classic enemies already known to fans worldwide, there are also Poison Mushrooms, backward Warp Zones and the occasional wind gust (which can help or hinder progress). Players can get ready to put their Mario skills to the ultimate test and save the Princess once again. Just don’t be surprised if she’s in another castle. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is now available as a Virtual Console title for the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Mega Man™ – Join the blue bomber in his first ever adventure as he battles the evil Dr. Wily and his robotic henchmen. Mega Man is a super robot created by the genius scientist Dr. Light. When another scientist by the name of Dr. Wily goes rogue with an army of six of his own devious Robot Masters, it’s up to Mega Man to put a stop to his nefarious plot by traversing a series of stages rife with enemies, traps and perilous platform challenges. Mega Man was originally released for the Nintendo Entertainment System™ in 1987 and is now available as a Virtual Console title for the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Virtual Console for Wii™
SHOCK TROOPERS 2ND SQUAD – SHOCK TROOPERS 2ND SQUAD is a military-themed action game, first released in 1998. Choose one of four mercenaries and battle through multiple stages by shooting, using different weapons and jumping. The highly praised scoring system from the previous game returns, but the characters are all new. Some other changes include the abilities to operate vehicles and choose different routes in levels.

Also new this week:
• A Jam-Packed Year-in-Review! (Nintendo Video™ on Nintendo 3DS)
• Johnny Impossible™ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Mahjong 3D – Warriors of the Emperor (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Goooooal América (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™ Shop on Nintendo DSi)
• Jump Trials Extreme (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
• Wizard Defenders (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)

To view this week’s Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloadNkl6B2df.php.

zroid

Banned
Is it true that there's a really simple password to access Nintendo's press room? I seem to remember it being discussed on gaf at some point. I'd love to have a look and download some assets if possible. Anyone know about this?

yeah, some of the assets are still locked behind having a "real" account, but I think most can be accessed with a guest account.

User: guest
Password: nintendo

donny2112

I don't get this notion of buying DLC outside the game. It makes so much more sense to be in-game.

Can buy DLC on Xbox Marketplace for retail games and then download to 360 later. Works well for me, since my 360 is almost never online (no wifi built-in, and not worth it to have a cord atttached at all times). Yes, it does open up the possibility of buying DLC for games you don't own, but then that's your fault, anyways, if you do that.

Having it in-game only makes sense for temporarily free DLC. However since the eShop will eventually be accessible outside of the gaming system, they'll probably go with the Xbox Marketplace model of being able to buy DLC away from the system and download later (e.g. when you get home).

bryehn

Can Fluidity be played with the slide pad or are you forced into tilt? Worked fine on Wii, but I hate motion controls in portable games.

zroid

Banned
Can Fluidity be played with the slide pad or are you forced into tilt? Worked fine on Wii, but I hate motion controls in portable games.

I think it's forced. The central gimmick of the game is turning the system fully 360 degrees. Apparently it works well enough, but it can be a little awkward to hold the system upside-down or at weird angles sometimes.

Baron

More awesome Neo-Geo titles incoming! I'm still waiting impatiently for Blazing Star and Pulstar.

Are Pulstar and Blazing Star really ever going to be released in NA, though? Those two games are the one thing that would get me to turn off my other systems and turn the Wii on again. Maybe I should just buy a cheap Neo Geo and those carts. That's an oxymoron though - cheap Neo Geo.

tuffy

Are Pulstar and Blazing Star really ever going to be released in NA, though? Those two games are the one thing that would get me to turn off my other systems and turn the Wii on again. Maybe I should just buy a cheap Neo Geo and those carts. That's an oxymoron though - cheap Neo Geo.

I think they're only a matter of time; it's not as if D4 has anything better to do. The only question is when they'll finally arrive.

Yes Boss!

I think they're only a matter of time; it's not as if D4 has anything better to do. The only question is when they'll finally arrive.

The bad thing is that they seem to be cherry-picking. Shock Troopers Second Squad came out in Japan VC after both shooters. Hope they still intend to release the shooters here.

Top Bottom