• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Why is there no PR yet for this week? No releases at all this week? XD

Roto13

I went to Best Buy and my 3DS told me I could connect to Nintendo Zone and the icon started flashing on my Home menu so I gave it a shot and it wouldn't connect. lol best buy

@MUWANdo

Banned
We already know PAL-land is getting SMB and Punch-Out on 3DS VC this week, so I can't imagine there'll be anything else on the press release worth anticipating.

zigg

I went to Best Buy and my 3DS told me I could connect to Nintendo Zone and the icon started flashing on my Home menu so I gave it a shot and it wouldn't connect. lol best buy
My Best Buy was like that most of last year.

Then it started working and I wished it hadn't, because my imagination of what a Nintendo Zone would be like was way better than reality.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Why has Sakura Samurai not been released in Europe yet? It's not on their release schedule either.

I hope it's not due to UK's stupid anti-ninja censorship law.

Ok, I seriously need you to fill me in man, this ninja law sounds hilarious

On another note, I'd be all over Metal Slug 3 (despite owning Anthologies, just to play with my stick and/or CC Pro) if I didn't already knew they going with the usual 50hz crap :/

Capndrake

March is VC month in Europe, because Nintendo of Europe is suddenly releasing a ton of VC games. Here's what they've announced for March:

Wii VC:
-Mega Man 5 (NES)
-Mega Man X (SNES)
-Samurai Shodown IV (Neo Geo)
-Strider (MD)
-Super Street Fighter II, with Wi-Fi (MD)

3DS VC:
-Dr. Mario (GB)
-Dragon Crystal (GG)
-Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
-Metroid (NES)
-Punch-Out!! (NES, tomorrow)
-Shinobi (GG)
-Sonic Triple Trouble (GG)
-Super Mario Bros. (NES, tomorrow)

March is VC month in Europe, because Nintendo of Europe is suddenly releasing a ton of VC games. Here's what they've announced for March:

Wii VC:
-Mega Man 5 (NES)
-Mega Man X (SNES)
-Strider (MD)

3DS VC:
-Dr. Mario (GB)
-Dragon Crystal (GG)
-Metroid (NES)
-Shinobi (GG)

Damn.

Empty

mega man x. fuck yeah.

i've been annoyed for a while that they neglected to bring it out here when it was put on the us store.

Metroid is so much fun, so addicted already. Bravely Default demo is gorgeous, but pointless for getting a feeling for gameplay, hopefully later demos will give more of an idea, but my interest is piqued.

VAPitts

the OP might have this in the pipes but Anoop posted Real Bout Fatal Fury Special for Japan Wii VC. just thought i'd mention it.

and now that i have i'm sad now cuz there's such a huge backlog on the US VC : (

i'm still waiting for KOF 96

Nintendo Europe PR

29th February 2012 – This March is set to be the biggest month ever for Virtual Console as Nintendo announces a bumper crop of classic games set to launch via the Nintendo eShop and Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo 3DS owners can look forward to replaying classic NES, Game Boy and for the first time ever SEGA Game Gear titles from some of the platform’s most famous franchises. Meanwhile Wii owners can download games from three different classic consoles including some of Capcom and SEGA’s finest throughout the month.

The month of March heralds a wide range of interesting games to download including a chance to replay where it all began for Samus Aran when the original Metroid from the NES becomes available to download on your Nintendo 3DS. Those of you who are looking forward to the upcoming release of Kid Icarus™: Uprising can download the Game Boy title, Kid Icarus™ Of Myths and Monsters allowing Nintendo 3DS owners to become better acquainted with the angelic angel Pit and his action-packed adventures!

Dust off your stethoscope and get ready for some pill arranging action with the classic Game Boy puzzler Dr Mario™, finally arriving to the Nintendo eShop. March will also see the long awaited arrival of the classic SEGA Game Gear line-up including Dragon Crystal™, Shinobi™ and Sonic the Hedgehog™: Triple Trouble.

Wii owners are in for a treat this month when Mega Man X and Mega Man 5 become available on Wii Virtual Console and Super Street Fighter 2 is the first Virtual Console title with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection functionality which allows fans of the legendary fighting franchise to challenge each other online. You will be treated to even more of history’s best 2D fighting and sidescrolling action in Strider and Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa’s Revenge respectively.

Robin64

"Super Street Fighter 2 is the first Virtual Console title with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection functionality which allows fans of the legendary fighting franchise to challenge each other online."

Woah!

"Super Street Fighter 2 is the first Virtual Console title with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection functionality which allows fans of the legendary fighting franchise to challenge each other online."

Woah!
It's actually the 3rd in Japan, after the VCA releases of Puyo Puyo and Puyo Puyo Tsuu.

Davey Cakes

Very very late with the online Wii VC games. But I guess something is better than nothing, for those who care.

And as for games like MMX and MM5, it's nice that they're finally out. Took long enough.

The Wii VC really has seen its ups and downs though, over the last 5 years. And the downs have affected it for the worse. Nintendo really needs to re-promote it with the Wii U and make people aware of the long list of fantastic classic games and obscure titles available for it.

But, as the service moves from Wii to Wii U, it also begs the question if the 3DS will eventually become a connected experience with the Wii U, where the two systems can share single-purchase VC titles. What if you could take your favorite console classics on the go? What if you could use the Wii U as a Gameboy Player?

The Virtual Console was successful on some level but Nintendo needs to push it to the next level and really sell it as the amazing service for classic games that it deserves to be.

Wii VC:
-Mega Man 5 (NES)
-Mega Man X (SNES)
-Strider (MD)

3DS VC:
-Dr. Mario (GB)
-Dragon Crystal (GG)
-Metroid (NES)
-Shinobi (GG)
Nice. Hope this stuff comes to NA as well.

Very excited for handheld Punch-Out!! and finally playing through Sonic Triple Trouble, its one of the few old Sonic games I've never gone through properly despite owning for a looong time lol.

And Punch-Out!! is just, fricken Punch-Out!! I could play that game forever. Honestly one of the games I 'don't mind' paying twice (as far as VC goes) for.

Is anyone else weirded out by the ability to play GameGear games on a Nintendo handheld

Not really, since I played GG games in Sonic Adventure DX.

Also, hope we get some good stuff at Club Nintendo tommorow! :D

Decided on MP2 today. Hope we'll go back to 4 games at a time again, I mean 8 to 2 in a month? REALLY?! :/

So far I grabbed Kirby's Dreamland, Super Mario Kart, Majora's Mask, and now Mario Party 2 from Club Nintendo.

Top Bottom