• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

sörine

Banned
Weird that Issac isn't crossbuy since it is on PSN. And no discount either afaik (even 1001 Spikes got that on 3DS/Wii U).

Oregano

sörine;172354774 said:
Weird that Issac isn't crossbuy since it is on PSN. And no discount either afaik (even 1001 Spikes got that on 3DS/Wii U).

Isn't it also missing some content/features?

flowsnake

sörine;172354774 said:

It isn't crossbuy on PSN. I bought it on Vita and don't have it on PS4.

It was available on both for PS+ at launch which might be what you were thinking of.

sörine

Banned
It isn't crossbuy on PSN. I bought it on Vita and don't have it on PS4.

It was available on both for PS+ at launch which might be what you were thinking of.
You're right, it was PS+. Still a launch week cross-loyalty discount (like 1001 Spikes) would've been nice.

maxcriden

Answering several posts below. Thanks again all for your keen thoughts and suggestions!

Pokémon Ranger, perhaps?

(I haven't played it so I don't know if it meets your criteria, strictly speaking. I think it does though)

Thanks man. Ranger sounds kinda fun and up my alley but can anyone vouch for it? Is it a good game? Metacritic seems mixed to slightly positive.

I'd say Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, but it's sort of turn based. Like, each turn takes about 1-3 seconds.
The game is human free though, and it can go to places in its direction.
First game would be a good start, but if only want to play one, then play Explorers of Sky, not the other Explorers.
I find it hard to get back to Rescue Team after the Explorer games, but its still great.
If you do play it, prepare some tissues.

Pokémon Ranger is also a good choice, but you capture Pokémon by circling them and they follow you, so they're not inside a ball all the time.
The first one is hard to get back to after the 2nd and 3rd. I liked Ranger 2 the most, Ranger 3 was solid as well.

Between the two series, Mystery Dungeon is the longer game and Ranger the shorter.

Thanks for the info, xenoboy, I appreciate it. :)
Something put me off about Mystery Dungeon. It's randomly generated. I dunno if that would be compelling enough for me. I usually don't prefer randomly/procedurally generated levels. It doesn't feel too random?

So who exactly are you fighting in MD vs. Ranger?

Dang, that is pretty rough, as my favorite spinoff series is Mystery Dungeon. The violence is pretty minor (pokemon willingly join you after you beat them sometimes, can't hurt too much) and though it's some what turn-based battles are extremely fast compared to mainline pokemon games. And it's all pokemon acting by their own will, no trainers.

Hey You Pikachu and Pokemon Snap are perfect and I'd recommend them--I really really wish they'd figure a way to get Hey You Pikachu on VC. I actually loved that game and need to track down a copy again. Parents, don't let your kids give away their video game collection unless they're adults.

Also would that weird Poke Park thing that just hit Wii U VC work? You know, the one NOA will pretend never existed.

Yeah, I was wondering if those PokePark games are any good. Again, if anyone has tried them I'd be eager to hear. Trailer looked fun but Metacritic was more "eh, not very good, might be ok for young kids." Thanks for the info, BTW. Didn't realize HYP was that good. Faster turn based battles and Pokemon having their own agency is more appealing to me relatively speaking. It's the slowness of the turn-based battles in the main series that I can't get into these days.

Pokemon Trading Card game? Although that might break the turn based battle stipulation.

Thanks man. I think I played it as a kid, along with the real life TCG, but maybe I'll check it out on VC sometime...probably a bit too turn-based for me though.

Pokemon Snap?
Hey you Pikachu?

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for.

I don't know HYP that well but my impression (as a kid or teen I think) was that there wasn't much to it? Regardless I doubt there's any easy way for me to play it. I enjoyed Pokemon Snap, Stadium, and R/B/Y a lot as a kid, but with Snap, don't you have to hit some Pokemon with certain kinds of Pokeballs to stun them to get a better shot?

You want a game without conflict?

I mean... even Mario jumps on Goombas and kicks shells into Turtles, presumably killing them.

Out of interest, what type of games do you play?
Outside of sports, puzzle, light simulation (like Animal Crossing) or strategy games (like Farming Simulator) I'd imagine you'd find mostly all games in some way objectionable.

(not getting at you btw, just genuinely curious if there are that many conflict-free games available. Even games like Flower and Journey have direct or implied violence.)

Oh, no. Just to clarify. I do play plenty of games with conflict in them (nearly all E-rated, to be fair). It's not that I want a conflict-free game I suppose. I should have worded it differently. I just am not interested in fighting fellow (friendly) Pokemon, not as playing as a human who orders Pokemon to fight each other. I dunno. Just rubs me the wrong way somehow and doesn't appeal to me.

You should get one, they're pretty cheap now. I did and I had to pay more for shipping than the actual item.

I got a complete boxed one, but your best bet is to be patient and wait for an auction that is just the system, no hook ups, controllers or boxes. The cables and controllers work across both regions, so if you already have a Wii you should be good to go. You'll save on shipping and the system itself won't take up too much extra space in your house.

Great idea. Thanks Joe, I really appreciate it. :)

jholmes

Badlands: GOTY Edition is set for July 30.

This week coming looks pretty loaded for NA, actually:
Wii U and 3DS
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (crossbuy)

Wii U
Canvaleon
The Quiet Collection

Argh what the hell, I'm gonna get Binding of Isaac and then Kay is out the week after and then we get Freedom Planet the week after that and who knows what else right after. And who even knows about Devil's Third!?

Things getting too busy all of a sudden.

Xenoboy

Answering several posts below. Thanks again all for your keen thoughts and suggestions!

Thanks man. Ranger sounds kinda fun and up my alley but can anyone vouch for it? Is it a good game? Metacritic seems mixed to slightly positive.

Something put me off about Mystery Dungeon. It's randomly generated. I dunno if that would be compelling enough for me. I usually don't prefer randomly/procedurally generated levels. It doesn't feel too random?

In Mystery Dungeon you're fighting Pokémon vs Pokémon. It's basically you versus criminal Pokémon, since you take up jobs. You either collect an item or beat an "Outlaw"

In Rangers it's you versus the evil Team. And you don't keep your Pokémon permanently. You use them once and they are gone.

Both are fun, but I'd skip the first Ranger and maybe the first Dungeon.
I wouldn't trust Metacritic for these games. If you like Pokémon and want too see a new take on the world then it's for you. It feels like reviewers don't get the games.

Pokemaniac

Yeah, I was wondering if those PokePark games are any good. Again, if anyone has tried them I'd be eager to hear. Trailer looked fun but Metacritic was more "eh, not very good, might be ok for young kids." Thanks for the info, BTW. Didn't realize HYP was that good. Faster turn based battles and Pokemon having their own agency is more appealing to me relatively speaking. It's the slowness of the turn-based battles in the main series that I can't get into these days.

Thanks man. I think I played it as a kid, along with the real life TCG, but maybe I'll check it out on VC sometime...probably a bit too turn-based for me though.

I don't know HYP that well but my impression (as a kid or teen I think) was that there wasn't much to it? Regardless I doubt there's any easy way for me to play it. I enjoyed Pokemon Snap, Stadium, and R/B/Y a lot as a kid, but with Snap, don't you have to hit some Pokemon with certain kinds of Pokeballs to stun them to get a better shot?

Oh, no. Just to clarify. I do play plenty of games with conflict in them (nearly all E-rated, to be fair). It's not that I want a conflict-free game I suppose. I should have worded it differently. I just am not interested in fighting fellow (friendly) Pokemon, not as playing as a human who orders Pokemon to fight each other. I dunno. Just rubs me the wrong way somehow and doesn't appeal to me.

Great idea. Thanks Joe, I really appreciate it. :)

Since, I've played nearly every Pokemon spinoff, might at well give some impressions.

PokePark and PokePark 2:
I personally enjoyed these games. They're good, but not great. In these games, you play as a Pikachu and the main task is to befriend all of the Pokemon in the PokePark. You befriend them by doing things such as beating them in minigames, doing sidequests for them, besting them in battle, etc. The second game is a bit better, but they're both worth playing.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:
In these games, you play as a human who suddenly wakes up as a Pokemon in a world populated only by Pokemon. The gameplay is pretty classic rouge-like. You explore randomly generated dungeons where each action you take (moving, using items, using attacks) counts as a turn. Plotwise, the games are actually pretty dark by Pokemon standards, but all of the characters, including the antagonists, are Pokemon (at least at the time the story takes place). If you're wondering which ones to play, they're all good, but some had multiple versions, just like the main-series Pokemon games. You're probably best off playing Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Sky, Gates to Infinity, and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon once that releases.

Pokemon Ranger:
You play as a Pokemon Ranger. Pokemon Rangers don't catch Pokemon the normal way. They use their capture styler to communicate their feelings to Pokemon (by drawing circles around them). Once captured you can have the Pokemon help you out with environmental obstacles or power up your capture styler. No real Pokemon on Pokemon violence (some of the capture assists are borderline, but I'm pretty sure that canonically, all the Pokemon do is power up your styler), but the antagonists do command Pokemon to attack the player. The second and third game are great, but the first one has some pretty big flaws in its capture mechanics. I still enjoyed the first game, but the second and third games are improvements on it in basically every way.

Another thing you may want to look into:
Pokemon Rumble Series:
It's a beat 'em up where you play as toy Pokemon. Humans generally exist, but (outside of Rumble World, which doesn't fit your criteria) are generally uninvolved. It's got some flaws, but it can be pretty fun with other players. From this series, Pokemon Rumble Blast is by far the best, though, if you enjoy that, you may enjoy the original and Pokemon Rumble U as well. As said above, Pokemon Rumble World doesn't fit you criteria, because there are trainers in that game (the Pokemon are still toys, though).

Camjo-Z

This week coming looks pretty loaded for NA, actually:

3DS
3D Streets of Rage 2

AW SNAP

It shall be mine.

Okay, silly question of the day.

What is a Pokemon game I can play where there is

a) no people using Pokemon to fight each other ;___;
b) cute lil Pokemon
c) no turn-based battles
d) some other stipulations I will think of later
e) Pika Pika

New stipulations @ 2:26 PM on 7/17/2015:

f) no pinball
g) no sports
h) no arcade puzzles
i) game needs set goals

New stipulation @ 2:27 PM on 7/17/2015:

j) No direct sad violence coming to Pokemon required to beat the game

Maxy boy, do I have THE game for you: Pokemon Channel™ for the Nintendo Gamecube™.

Pok%C3%A9mon_Channel_Coverart.png

You like sitting on your ass and watching TV, right? Well check it: now you can do that, BUT WITH PIKACHU! You can view fortune telling with Chansey, snooty art critiques with Smeargle, QVC shopping hosted by Squirtle, an exclusive episode of the anime, and much more. You can also go around and mess with other Pokemon outside by taking quizzes, going fishing, etc. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! You can even unlock little demo versions of Pokemon Mini games! (Which include arcade puzzles and pinball, but I digress.)

This game will fulfill all of your wildest dreams and more. What are you waiting for? Go out and buy Pokemon Channel™ TODAY!

jholmes

Maxy boy, do I have THE game for you: Pokemon Channel™ for the Nintendo Gamecube™.

You like sitting on your ass and watching TV, right? Well check it: now you can do that, BUT WITH PIKACHU! You can view fortune telling with Chansey, snooty art critiques with Smeargle, QVC shopping hosted by Squirtle, an exclusive episode of the anime, and much more. You can also go around and mess with other Pokemon outside by taking quizzes, going fishing, etc. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! You can even unlock little demo versions of Pokemon Mini games! (Which include arcade puzzles and pinball, but I digress.)

This game will fulfill all of your wildest dreams and more. What are you waiting for? Go out and buy Pokemon Channel™ TODAY!

I always wondered who the hell Pokemon Channel was for, and now I have the answer, and it's way more literal than I thought.

Pokemaniac

AW SNAP

It shall be mine.

I was going to suggest this one, but I wasn't completely sure it fully fills his criteria. If I recall correctly, you do occasionally have to tell Pikachu to actually attack other Pokemon in order to progress.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No joke, I got that because I liked Hey You Pikachu as a kid & figured "AW YEAH, MORE OF THAT BUT WITHOUT THE MICROPHONE THAT WORKED 30% OF THE TIME!"

.............well at least Meowth's Party was a fun thing to rewatch.

Oh, & I abused the system clock & unlocked everything within...........an hour, I think, instead of waiting for the next day to happen.

Pokemaniac

I always wondered who the hell Pokemon Channel was for, and now I have the answer, and it's way more literal than I thought.

I remember enjoying this game around when it first released. Of course, I was still in elementary school then, so I have no idea if I still would enjoy it today. If this ever goes up on VC, I might get it purely to get the answer to that question
(Well, that and the anime short and the Pokemon Mini emulator)

Is Binding of Isaac set to release in Europe too in the coming weeks?

LOL

:(

Seriously though, being from NZ/Aus I have even less chance of playing it on N3DS than even Euro does. :( Who knows when/if it will come out, Tyrone Rodriguez says EU still 'planned' for summer, probably never in NZ/Aus considering he mentioned a few months ago "Can't you guys just change regions and get it????" which is translated to you're out of luck we're not doing shit.

For the record no you can't change regions on 3DS if you've signed up with a NNID. :(

I was really looking forward to having it on my N3DS I carry around everywhere, love the game so much. So disappointed.

Camjo-Z

I remember enjoying this game around when it first released. Of course, I was still in elementary school then, so I have no idea if I still would enjoy it today. If this ever goes up on VC, I might get it purely to get the answer to that question
(Well, that and the anime short and the Pokemon Mini emulator)

I actually legitimately liked it as a kid too. Messing around with the color-by-numbers pics was pretty fun, even tried the e-reader functionality a couple times, and I watched Meowth's Party more than I care to admit (seemed like every time there was some new animation I hadn't seen). Plus it had some cool music!

donny2112

I just am not interested in fighting fellow (friendly) Pokemon, not as playing as a human who orders Pokemon to fight each other.

So you don't want to play as a Human with a Pokemon squad, and you also don't want to play as Pokemon who battle other Pokemon.

Slightly changing the subject, but have you tried the Chibi-Robo series? Being completely straight-up here, it completely sounds like your type of game. Park Patrol for DS especially. Lot of grinding, friendly play, fighting pollution embodied as dark creatures by cleaning up a park and maintaining it, cool upgrades to expand how much you can do. No Pokemon but really cute stuff in the game.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So I just played through Moon Chronicles ep 1, and so far it's been ok? The game picked up a bit once I got the muon pistol, but so far it's been a bit repetitive. If anyone else has played through the whole thing, any thoughts on the game? I thankfully got the first episode for pretty cheap thanks to the humble bundle.

LOL

:(

Seriously though, being from NZ/Aus I have even less chance of playing it on N3DS than even Euro does. :( Who knows when/if it will come out, Tyrone Rodriguez says EU still 'planned' for summer, probably never in NZ/Aus considering he mentioned a few months ago "Can't you guys just change regions and get it????" which is translated to you're out of luck we're not doing shit.

For the record no you can't change regions on 3DS if you've signed up with a NNID. :(

I was really looking forward to having it on my N3DS I carry around everywhere, love the game so much. So disappointed.
This is why I got a US 3DS, after how Aus got screwed over with some DSiWare, I knew we were screwed with the 3DS :(

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Canvaleon
Blocky Bot

Wii U Virtual Console
Yoshi Touch & Go

3DS
3D Streets of Rage 2
I Love My Cats
Ninja Battle Heroes
Mercenaries Saga 2

L~A

Ah, Yoshi Touch 'n Go. I believe the download code you got from Yoshi's Woolly World expires this week, so makes sense it's released this week.

By the way, no sales? :eek:

Edit: nvm, code can be used until August 21st.

TheMoon

Nicalis.

But Tyrone said last week on twitter that it's in the submission process so this might actually the first Nicalis game that releases within the same year or even same quarter in both regions. The high profile nature of the game probably helps.

Simbabbad

I don't care about the Binding of Isaac, but I can't wait for it to release, because Nicalis said 1001 SPIKES will release in Europe soon after.

Eh, who am I kidding? Won't happen, or the game will be riddled with bugs. Should get it on Steam already.

TheMoon

full PR

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Yoshi Touch & Go (Nintendo, DS VC) - €6.99/£6.29
Steady your stylus hand and get ready to help Yoshi come to the rescue of Baby Mario in the unique action game Yoshi Touch & Go. As Yoshi carries Baby Mario through perilous side scrolling levels, use the stylus to throw eggs at enemies, lead him to fruit, and jump over dangers. In vertical scrolling levels, draw clouds to encircle enemies and lead Baby Mario to safety through the skies. With simple yet precise touch controls, players of all ages and skills can enjoy Yoshi Touch & Go!

Canvaleon (OXiAB Game Studio) - €11.95/£10.80 (Ends August 6, normally €13.95/£12.59)
Canvaleon is a platform and stealth game in which you will step into the shoes of Canvas, a friendly white chameleon, and help him using your abilities and the environment in order to overcome some really dangerous enemies and threats. To do so, you will have to use camouflages to blend Canvas with the environment. If your camouflages are similar to the background colours your possibilities to overcome the enemies will increase. There are two ways to obtain those camouflages: you can buy them at Doodle's shop, or you can paint them using the painting tool. You will have to collect lots of butterflies from every stage to paint or buy those camouflages! Help Canvas get rid of the enemy threat and successfully overcome more than 30 stages from this great adventure full of dangers and emotions that will make you thrill for sure!

Blocky Bot (Mobot Studios) - €2.69/£1.89
Jump your way through a wacky world of Robots, Wizards, Ninjas and the first ever playable box of robotic French Fries! Blocky Bot is a brand new super action mini platformer for Wii U, from the same team that brought you Paper Monsters Recut. Test your platforming skills and reflexes by collecting Bits and Bytes to unlock new characters and themes and push yourself for the best score and blocky bragging rights!

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

3D Streets of Rage 2 (SEGA) - €4.99/£4.49
The sequel to the original rumbler is back and re-mastered in 3D. Slam the asphalt with bigger, better and totally devastating attacks. Skull crushing ex-wrestler Max Thunder joins up with Axel and Blaze to throw earth shattering body slams and fist attacks. New thrasher Skate slices punks with high speed inline attacks and spinning jump kicks. Use secret weapons to bash your way through gangs of bikers to rescue your friend and defeat Mr. X.

I Love My Cats (Bigben Interactive) - €24.99/£19.99
Become a best friend to the animals by taking in abandoned kittens. Look after them every day so they flourish with their new family: feed them, pat them, raise them and play with them. Discover the town around you: take them for walks in the park, enter competitions on the beach and buy new toys for them at the market. Change the way they look with a wide range of accessories. 8 cat breeds to choose from: Siamese, Maine Coon, Abyssinian, Tabby, British Shorthair, Havana Brown, Scottish Fold, Snowshoe; 15 activities for playing and caring for your kittens.

Ninja Battle Heroes (Tom Create) - €1.99/£1.79
Grab your katana and ninja throwing stars and embark on a journey that will take you across Japan in your mission to find the missing Yukimura and his Beast Brigade! Use your katana to slash through enemies coming at you front and back as you make your way through cities, forests and across water falls. Take out enemies in the distance with ninja throwing stars before they shoot or charge towards you. Absorb Spirit from each enemy you defeat and use it to summon powerful heroes that you've rescued on your journey. Make use of their powers including firewalls, ice pillars, cyclones, quakes and even flight as you come face to face with greater and greater foes on your journey to find the missing Beast Brigade!

Mercenaries Saga 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.99/£3.99
Claude is the captain of the Kingdom's Order of the Silver Eagle. One day while he guarded Prince Laz's hunting session, an assassin appeared. Claude covers the prince's escape and stops the assassin, but it was just a trap and the prince has been poisoned by a blade. To aid the prince, Claude has to lead the Silver Eagle north so that they can find the only antidote, an Erni Herb...

Special offers
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (CAPCOM) - €29.99/£24.99 (For users who have downloaded Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Special Demo Version with the same Nintendo Network ID. The offers ends July 30. Normally €44.99/£39.99)
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (ATLUS) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends July 30, normally €29.99/£24.99)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (Akaoni Studio) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends August 21, normally €7.00/£6.30)

SerTapTap

Already got it and 100%'d it, but Binding of Isaac is fantastic so enjoy. Streets of Rage 2 is great as well, one of my fav Beat 'Em Ups.

Started playing Etrian Mystery Dungeon. I can see myself spending a lot of time in it...actually kind of why I didn't buy it at release...so many games so little time. But I love how it does the team mechanic, rarely see that done decently in a mystery dungeon. The AI still does some stupid stuff (recasting the same buff in a single fight before it expires) but a lot of the team management features are really neat.

Ah, Yoshi Touch 'n Go. I believe the download code you got from Yoshi's Woolly World expires this week, so makes sense it's released this week.

By the way, no sales? :eek:

Edit: nvm, code can be used until August 21st.

You guys got Woolly World early AND free Touch n Go?!

How is Touch n Go btw? Love yoshi, but not usually the side games.

IIRC Hey You Pikachu wasn't super well critically received, but it was a really novel and exciting game for me. I love all the collectables (picking up certain objects will actually place them in your house) and I really enjoyed being able to just walk around and explore places. I think it's worth a shot though I'm not sure how hard/expensive it is to get a cart and working mic these days.

And yeah, in Pokemon Snap you have to use "pester balls" to annoy certain pokemon to occasionally get them out of hiding, evolve them or get a better shot. I'm not sure if you can beat the game without using them, possibly not? You do have to break Mew's psychic shield to get a proper shot as the final mission though it doesn't really seem to mind much.

SerTapTap

Ah, wouldn't have gotten it anyway then--getting it physical. With the Amiibo bundle if I can, but I won't go hunting for the amiibo either.

Also, I can't even tell if the amiibo bundle went out of stock already or if it was simply never in stock to begin with.

TheMoon

Ah, wouldn't have gotten it anyway then--getting it physical. With the Amiibo bundle if I can, but I won't go hunting for the amiibo either.

Also, I can't even tell if the amiibo bundle went out of stock already or if it was simply never in stock to begin with.

The only time I remember getting a download code for an extra game with a physical Ninty game is when Kid Icarus Uprising came out and they gave away codes for the Kid Icarus Game Boy game with every (pre?) order.

Gambit

They now have a Mario Kart 8 soundtrack double-CD in the European Star catalog. For 3000 stars

And I finally decided to make use of the ones I had left. Soundtrack get!

5 for sure guys this week. Good stuff!

The Quiet Collection seems to be a point n click adventure game, right? Also how did the 3DS port of Flick Golf turn out? I liked it on my phone.

Ondore

Ubi sale on 3DS:
Rayman Origins, Rayman 3D, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Splinter Cell 3D, Rabbids Travel in Time and Petz Fantasy 3D are $7.49.

Tetris Ultimate, Poptropics Forgotten Islands, Petz Countryside and Petz Beach are $22.49.

Edit: Found them, posted them. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40774/ubisoft-sale-underway-on-wii-u-3ds

Highlights: $3.75 for Child of Light, $15 for ZombiU and Ubi thinks Rabbids Land was still worth fifty clams.

Child of Light ($3.75 from $14.99)
ZombiU ($14.99 from $19.99)
Rayman Legends ($19.99 from $39.99)
Assassin's Creed III and IV ($14.99 from $19.99)
Cloudberry Kingdom ($2.49 from $9.99)
Splinter Cell Blacklist ($14.99 from $19.99)
Just Dance 2015 ($19.99 from $39.99)
Rabbids Land ($12.49 from $49.99)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013, ESPN Sports Connection ($12.49 from $49.99)
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth ($7.49 from $29.99)
The Smurfs 2 ($14.99 from $19.99

Only $3.75 for child of light? That's a pretty great deal even though I bought it at full price.

If you haven't played it by now get it since it has a great soundtrack and gameplay.

Only $3.75 for child of light? That's a pretty great deal even though I bought it at full price.

If you haven't played it by now get it since it has a great soundtrack and gameplay.

I second that. Even if you don't like the gameplay, there is a lot to enjoy here in terms of graphics and music (I even became a Coeur de Pirate fan after playing this).

EDIT: I just checked the eshop and there's a small discount for Watch Dogs too, it's selling for US$ 22. Is it worth it? I'm also considering ACIV for 15 bucks.

Ladekabel

hmmmm Child of Light is pretty tempting, even though I've heard some mixed things about that game

Eventhough I didn't enjoy it, I'd say it is worth it at that price. Looks nice and a great game for OffTV-Play with Headphones. Wasn't a fan of the battle system.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Child of Light was ok, but I'd say at that price, feel free to give it a shot. The RPG mechanics are interesting, although I feel (at least on hard) are a bit too hard. The story I feel is pretty bland and the characters aren't very memorable, but the art direction is great.

I enjoyed everything about COL, but I guess the combat might be a problem for some because it's too intense even in minor battles. In most RPGs, you can usually mash a button for many smaller encounters, but in COL you have to time your attacks and think all the time, so it can be tiresome (not exactly hard).

Ladekabel

I enjoyed everything about COL, but I guess the combat might be a problem for some because it's too intense even in minor battles. In most RPGs, you can usually mash a button for many smaller encounters, but in COL you have to time your attacks and think all the time, so it can be tiresome (not exactly hard).

That wasn't even my problem. And the game isn't even long enough for this to matter. But one battle mechanic becomes obsolet about half way through the game.
Interrupting enemies is pointless after a certtain point because every enemy will have counter attacks that hit harder than a regular attack if you interrupt them.
Might have enjoyed it more if they hadn't done that. At least not for regular enemies.

zroid

Banned

So it's like a Mario RPG? That sounds like a good thing!

jholmes

I thought for sure I'd bite on Child of Light the first time it hit under $5 but the feedback I heard after the first week just does not inspire me to get it.

I'm still really angry that they didn't implement leaderboards on Wii U like they promised years ago but Cloudberry Kingdom is a steal at $2.50. Brilliant, incredibly difficult but also incredibly fair. One of the real underrated games of the generation.

Top Bottom