• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2013

rjc571

Banned
Tate finally shows Urban Trial Freestyle for 3DS eShop, and how does this look so good graphically? Must be the lighting and shadowing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157633968668911/

8970818170_9c6bd5f07a_o.jpg

8969625083_39a6f04dbb_o.jpg

The Vita demo ran at like 20 fps and I'm sure the 3DS version will be even worse.

Def Jukie

I'm pleasantly surprised that they are still releasing Neo Geo games on the Wii VC. I still hope that Windjammers shows up one of these days.

BooJoh

Hmm, how well did the Picross games do in America? I remember seeing commercials for Picross 3D, but I don't know anyone outside of GAf who has actually played any of them.

The only thing I can find is on a banned site and suggests Picross DS did far better in NA than Europe, but I don't know. We need to start some sort of campaign for these games to come to NA. The trick is figuring out how to reach as many Picross fans as possible and get them to contribute.

Really wish we had a board on Miiverse that would be relevant.

EDIT: Just noticed there's an E3 community on Miiverse now... might be a good place to start.

And here's my weak attempt at Miiverse drawing to try to grab a little attention for the game.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAABnUV51dhg2CA

Is this any good? I know people praised Tetris DS, but haven't heard anything about the 3DS version, and it seems like a good price.

Also, the eShop price for Animal Crossing in Europe is €39.99.
I like it, for 10 bucks its hard to go wrong with it. It looks nice and can be played online, don't think I've ever not been able to get a game online with it when I play it and this is talking only a few weeks back.

GeekyDad

Iwata blows. He just showed up in my 3DS Mii plaza. Did two misses and a hit on the final boss of Find Mii. Utter disappointment. He has no skillz.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He gave me the final pink piece for the Kid Icarus Uprising panel in Puzzle Swap, so he's okay in my book.

Gonna pair him up with Miyamoto once I get some game coins. Restarting Find Mii 2 for about the 3rd time now.

DaBoss

3 hits for me and I got a pink piece of the Dillon puzzle because I won't have a chance to Streetpass often.

daxy

Tetris get! Have the GB one, but this one's got a lot of extra stuff in it. Seems like a great value for money deal. Looks good, sounds good and plays well.

No. It's pretty bad. Get the Game Boy VC Tetris instead.

What's so bad about it? For an additional €6 you get a game that looks much better, has better controls, a dozen more modes, multiplayer and a leaderboard that won't be reset every time you turn the game off.

Is Super Metroid the last VC game we are gonna get for 30 cents?
The last one you'll probably care about. NES Yoshi and (I think) Donkey Kong are to follow.

I'd hoped they had finished on Urban Champion as it would be an interesting conflict between, is this game even worth $0.30 but I must buy to support the promotion (add in 60Hz for the moral support problem in Europe too).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yoshi on NES is on the 12th, then on July 15th to August 13th, it's Donkey Kong (NES).

gogogow

The last one you'll probably care about. NES Yoshi and (I think) Donkey Kong are to follow.

I'd hoped they had finished on Urban Champion as it would be an interesting conflict between, is this game even worth $0.30 but I must buy to support the promotion (add in 60Hz for the moral support problem in Europe too).

I see, yeah, i'm not too fond of those games unfortunately. And four weeks is way too long, should've been two weeks and on to the next VC sale. Thanks.

zroid

Banned
can't link it, but I'm watching a livestream of RMC from the site you Go to playing Mutant Mudds Deluxe. The new levels look fun. And tough!

edit: lol, he just ended the stream. :( it should get archived though

Talk about dissapointing checking for new games on the Wii U Virtual console and finding only 1 game Splunker?? WTF is that.. When there's about 500+ titles worth buying across old platforms that could have been released.

Ugh.. Give me a good SNES RPG please!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Iwata blows. He just showed up in my 3DS Mii plaza. Did two misses and a hit on the final boss of Find Mii. Utter disappointment. He has no skillz.

He ran away from a Mummy for me. Total waste of a streetpass.

Got a reply from asking about Picross games coming to NA:

If you asked them "is Super Fart Blasters x Halo coming to America for Wii U?" you would get essentially the same response. Customer service is not authorized to make new announcements, so they will never tell you information that isn't already publicly available.

Jethro

What happened with Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger, why is this game not released in the european eShop?

I don't have much experience with retail 3DS download games just making sure: if I download a game and then want to do a system transfer later on will it move across or do I just re-download it after?

Either way its all good right?

I need to wait a week to do a system transfer but I want to redeem this free MH Euro promotion code thing in the meantime on the old system (my main one, the one I will be transferring). Just assuming the game 'rights' will transfer across too?

I don't have much experience with retail 3DS download games just making sure: if I download a game and then want to do a system transfer later on will it move across or do I just re-download it after?

Either way its all good right?

I need to wait a week to do a system transfer but I want to redeem this free MH Euro promotion code thing in the meantime on the old system (my main one, the one I will be transferring). Just assuming the game 'rights' will transfer across too?
After you complete the transer you swap the SD cards around so everything (games, data...) on 3DS1 will now move to 3DS2. You're basically transferring license / access keys from 3DS1 -> 3DS2 so now 3DS2 can now see your old games, data etc...

Birathen

Is any of that streetpass stuff worth getting into if you never get any proper streetpass hits? Noone streetpasses in my town, not even the guys down at eb or Game :(

donny2112

Is any of that streetpass stuff worth getting into if you never get any proper streetpass hits? Noone streetpasses in my town, not even the guys down at eb or Game :(

Hats are neat, but addicting. Better have a plan for getting thousands of play coins, if you want to get serious about it without access to Streetpasses. Puzzles are a lost cause due to Nintendo's inability to send out pink pieces in sufficient quantity.

Disappointed they only had AC for this week's 3DS eShop. :(

Speaking of find mii, I can't get into the room that's completely dark. Something about a white colored shirt I think but none of the miis are. Any help?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I barely did it at all the first year I had the 3DS, but then I moved to a much larger city and now I get a half dozen or a dozen hits every time I go out. I went to a convention and got something like 85 in one day. Definitely worth it if you live in a place where you can do it, less so if you don't.

Speaking of find mii, I can't get into the room that's completely dark. Something about a white colored shirt I think but none of the miis are. Any help?

You need to streetpass with a Mii with a white coloured shirt and then use it--or keep hiring random heroes and hope one of them has a white coloured shirt.

Wow, Sengoku 3! That's a fantastic game. I might have to get it. The game really shows how unfortunate it is that beat 'em ups stopped being developed for the Neo-Geo after somewhere around 1992... Sengoku 3 is the one and only Neo-Geo beat 'em up not from the systems' early years. It shows, but at least it's good!

L Thammy

Sengoku 3 is kind of stiff: a lot of moves can't combo, and enemies seem to have a larger vertical range than the player. But it's still pretty fun. Any advice?

@MUWANdo

Banned
PAL press release is up--Mario & Yoshi for Wii U VC, Art of Fighting 3 for Wii VC, 4 Game Gear games for 3DS VC (Sonic/Columns/Mean Bean Machine/motherfucking SHINING FORCE), Harvest Moon: Two Towns on 3DS eShop, other worthless crap.

EDIT: Mario & Yoshi is the NTSC version with the PAL title screen hacked in. Weird.

@MUWANdo

Banned
PAL press release is up--Mario & Yoshi for Wii U VC, Art of Fighting 3 for Wii VC, 4 Game Gear games for 3DS VC (Sonic/Columns/Mean Bean Machine/motherfucking SHINING FORCE), Harvest Moon: Two Towns on 3DS eShop, other worthless crap.

EDIT: Mario & Yoshi is the NTSC version with the PAL title screen hacked in. Weird.

GG VC prices are in: Bean Machine is 3EUR, Columns/Shining Force are 4EUR, Sonic is 5EUR.

Top Bottom