• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2013

also

Banned
PAL press release is up--Mario & Yoshi for Wii U VC, Art of Fighting 3 for Wii VC, 4 Game Gear games for 3DS VC (Sonic/Columns/Mean Bean Machine/motherfucking SHINING FORCE), Harvest Moon: Two Towns on 3DS eShop, other worthless crap.

EDIT: Mario & Yoshi is the NTSC version with the PAL title screen hacked in. Weird.

Yes, finally more handheld games. Now if only Nintendo would start releasing GB tittles again...

also

Banned
They wouldn't have to waste their time if they just gave us the option to switch between 60 or 50Hz versions. At the very least they could put up both versions on the eShop and let us choose. If the Swiss eShop can handle 3 versions of Link's Awakening (different languages), we can handle 2 different versions. Yeah, the 50/60Hz differences might not be as obvious as language differences to uninformed buyers, but still.

/rant

Heropon

Ah, of course - forgot it went by Yoshi/Yoshi's Egg elsewhere. Kinda makes the point that NoE are actually pushing for 60Hz releases though if they've gone to that length...

...they may as well hack the German and French subtitles into 60Hz Super Metroid?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Mario & Yoshi (Nintendo | NES | €4.99 | £3.49 €0.30 | £0.30) Upcoming (06/12)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo | €39.99 | £34.99) Upcoming (06/14)
  • 4 Elements (MSL | €11.99 | £10.79) Upcoming (06/13)
  • Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games | €29.99 | £24.99) Upcoming (06/13)
  • Luxor (MSL | €11.99 | £10.79) Upcoming (06/13)
  • Petz Fantasy 3D (Ubisoft | €19.99 | £17.99) Upcoming (06/13)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Columns (SEGA | Game Gear | €3.99 | £3.59) Upcoming (06/13)
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (SEGA | Game Gear | €2.99 | £2.69) Upcoming (06/13)
  • Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (SEGA | Game Gear | €3.99 | £3.59) Upcoming (06/13)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA | Game Gear | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (06/13)

Wii | Virtual Console

• The Path of the Warrior: Art of Fighting 3 (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Upcoming (06/13)

Jethro

And the next boring week on the Wii U EU Virtual Console. Where the hell is Mega Man X?! At least e3 ist starting so I don't need to waste another thought on it.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I really hope they have some kind of "surprise" VC release because of E3. A Link to the Past would make sense. If not it's another poor week for WiiU VC and I'm shocked how soon releases slowed down (and I want MMX, damn it).

kunonabi

I really hope they have some kind of "surprise" VC release because of E3. A Link to the Past would make sense. If not it's another poor week for WiiU VC and I'm shocked how soon releases slowed down (and I want MMX, damn it).

Let's be honest none of us should be surprised at this.

steveovig

Finally, Picross is here. Anyone know the depth of this badboy? I know it isn't as deep as the cart version but it's got some hard puzzles, right?

Also, any word on the GameGear stuff coming to NA this week? If they come this week or next, it's going to be a large pain on my wallet. I'd like to buy Luigi U, Picross, Shining Force, and D&D.

Finally, Picross is here. Anyone know the depth of this badboy? I know it isn't as deep as the cart version but it's got some hard puzzles, right?

From the Nintendolife review: "Easy and Extra both feature 15 puzzles, while Normal and Free have 60 each, making for 150 total. No downloadable puzzles, level editor or unlockable extras exist, unfortunately... it never gets particularly hard - the biggest puzzle size is 15x15"

Even so, I'll definitely pick this up. I hope we get some good VC-related news during Nintendo direct tomorrow.

They really need to share VC content between 3DS and Wii-U, ideally with no extra fee. Perhaps I can get refunded for the couple titles I've double-dipped on...

GRW810

Yoshi? I thought we were getting DK Jr? Ah well, for 30p I'll complete my half-dozen collection but they certainly didn't leave the best til last.

BriBri

just got picross e3 :)

anyone know anything about this chain blaster game in japanese eshop?

developed by G-Style.
I just downloaded Chain Blaster a few moments ago. Only played a couple of mins so far if that. Seems a fun-ish shmup.

And next week (3DS) is Yie Ar Kung Fu and Sumo Thrust.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Chain Blaster looks like a cheap Every Extend Extra clone, features online leaderboards, might be okay.

Mega Man 6 is up on 3DS, too, by the way.

Javier

Thanks. Time to spend some coins, I guess.
Wait, no! I misread. What does reset is your Gold/Platinum status, but the coin count actually stays.

Coins get deleted at the end of the CN Year (June 30) two years after they were added, so any coins added during this year are still safe.

steveovig

First 30 cents game I'm skipping. Too expensive for Yoshi.

Why would you skip it? I could find $0.30 walking down the street. It might as well be free.

Also, I'm glad Stranger's Wrath is coming. Maybe it'll have some form of achievements to sweeten the deal.

Tried googling with no success but does anybody know why Assassin's Creed III hasn't had a price drop on the UK eShop yet? Seems strange that we got all the other advertised Ubisoft price cuts but didn't get one for that one game.

JavyOO7

I'm very happy that Pac Man Championship Edition is coming in the Pacman Museum game that is coming this year. Just wish that the Wii U would also get the CE DX+ version that other platforms or getting...

On another note, after much deliberation, I decided to get New Leaf. Downloading it right now. Kinda excited. =p

zroid

Banned
Sigh, guess I have to buy Yoshi. By far the 30c game I least want, but it's worth it just to have, plus 10 CN coins are a nice bonus.

I'll never play Yoshi ever, but I'll still get it for 30c. 30c might as well be free.

Its even 30c NZ to us as well, thats like 20c US or something lol.

donny2112

The Shantae VC release got pushed back to July, according to Matt Bozon's Twitter. Nintendo meddling, I assume.

If they pushed it back to make it part of another retro VC special July for 3DS, it wouldn't be so bad. It'd give it more attention with the new Shantae coming out this Fall.

Top Bottom