• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2017

tolkir

Super Sidekicks confirmed. I repeat, Super Sidekicks confirmed.

According to a Nico Nico livestream, a few NeoGeo games will be making their way toward the Nintendo Switch. The games will be released as part of the Arcade Archives series. The games that were mentioned were Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown, Super Sidekicks, Aero Fighters 2, and The King of Fighters 2000. Although no specific release dates were announced, the games were said to be released in "the coming months."

Source

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Switch)

GoNNER (Raw Fury) - €9.99/£8.99
GoNNER is a score-based, procedurally generated platformer with roguelike elements. GoNNER is also a story about friendship between Ikk, Death and a space whale named Sally. You will die. A lot. This is by design, but it's not made to feel unfair. You'll eventually get the hang of GoNNER, so don't lose your head. But even if you do it's okay cause we have a lot of replacement heads you can use. Good luck.

ACA NEOGEO MAGICAL DROP II (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
“MAGICAL DROP II” is a puzzle game released by Data East in 1996. Control lively, highly expressive characters and enjoy creating amazing combo chains with easy-to-use controls! Challenge a friend and see whose puzzle techniques reign supreme.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - DLC Pack 1 (Nintendo, DLC) - €19.99/£17.99 (part of Expansion Pass)
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition - Mini Game Heroes Skin Pack (Mojang, DLC) - €1.99/£1.59

Special offers
Super Bomberman R (Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH) - €29.99/£29.99 (available July 1-8, normally €49.99/£49.99)
Snake Pass (SUMO DIGITAL) - €11.99/£9.59 (ends July 4, normally €19.99/£15.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

MIGHTY GUNVOLT BURST (Inti Creates) - €9.99/£8.99
Rather than make a direct sequel to their bite-sized 2D action game Mighty Gunvolt from 2014, Inti Creates has made the next instalment in the Mighty Gunvolt series a brand new full-sized game that features characters from multiple universes with Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt) and Beck (Mighty No. 9) taking the stage once again, but in a much deeper and more expansive world that differs greatly from the original in many ways.

Special offers
Pinball Breakout (nuGAME, New 3DS only) - €4.90/£4.20 (Ends July 27, normally €7.00/£6.00)
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - €2.24/£1.74 (Ends July 13, normally €8.99/£6.99)
SteamWorld Heist - The Outsider (Image & Form, Add-on Content) - €2.49/£2.24 (Ends July 13, normally €4.99/£4.49)
SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form) - €7.49/£5.49 (Ends July 13, normally €14.99/£10.99)
Alien on the run (Joindots) - €2.49/£2.09 (Ends July 13, normally €4.99/£4.19)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends July 13, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €3.49/£2.49 (Ends July 13, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Pazuru (Joindots) - €2.99/£1.99 (Ends July 13, normally €5.99/£3.99)
Sudoku Party (Lightwood Games) - €4.00/£3.60 (Ends July 13, normally €5.00/£4.50)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

BLOC (Cragworks) - €3.00/£2.69
Control 4 BLOCS at the same time to keep the ball onscreen! For 1-4 players: each player shares the Wii U GamePad to control BLOCS on each side of the screen. Many stages to choose! Screenshot your high scores to Miiverse!

Space Hunted (Ultra Dolphin Rev) - €2.99/£2.69
You are Jade Hunter, an intergalactic treasure hunter. While traveling past an uncharted planet, your ship was shot down. Now Jade is an intruder, an alien, on this uncharted planet, and is being hunted down. Your mission is to survive and escape the planet! Travel through 128 levels! Avoid and defeat enemies to survive! Collect powers to ensure your survival! Do you have what it takes to survive in Space Hunted? Or will you be hunted down?

Alien Crush (KONAMI, TG-16 VC) - €5.99/£5.39
A pinball game that features realistic pinball action and superb ‘biomechanical’ graphics. Complete with a function to nudge the machine, this game feels like you’re playing on the real thing! Extra balls and bonus points are your keys to getting high scores! Pull off all kinds of tricks while enjoying intense pinball action! If you own this title on your Wii, perform a system transfer from your Wii to your Wii U to receive a special upgrade price.

Neutopia II (KONAMI, TG-16 VC) - €5.99/£5.39
The sequel to the action RPG, “Neutopia”, the story begins with the apparent revival of the evil demon, “Dirth”. This game picks up where the first one left off, with you taking on the role of the main hero’s son. You’ll need to rely on your “magic compass” and gathered information to find entrances to labyrinths and defeat the bosses in them. Make your way through the field, which can be tricky at times, and find hidden information and items. Move blocks and destroy walls to uncover secret rooms. If you own this title on your Wii, perform a system transfer from your Wii to your Wii U to receive a special upgrade price.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - DLC Pack 1 (Nintendo, Add-on Content) - €19.99/£17.99 (part of Expansion Pass)
Minecraft: Wii U Edition - Glide Giants Track Pack (Mojang, Add-on Content) - €2.99/£2.39
Minecraft: Wii U Edition - Mini Game Heroes Skin Pack (Mojang, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.59

Special offers
Sky Force Anniversary (Infinite Dreams) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends July 6, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Dragon Skills (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.39 (Ends July 13, normally €7.99/£6.79)
Island Flight Simulator (Joindots) - €6.39/ £4.79 (Ends July 13, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Sweetest Thing (Joindots) - €3.49/£2.74 (Ends July 13, normally €6.99/£5.49)
Sudoku Party (Lightwood Games) - €4.00/£3.60 (Ends July 13, normally €5.00/£4.50)
Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.95/£2.66 (Ends July 27, normally €7.99/£7.19)
99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.91 (Ends July 27, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.79/£0.71 (Ends July 27, normally €1.99/£1.79)
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - €2.24/£1.74 (Ends July 13, normally €8.99/£6.99)
SteamWorld Heist - The Outsider (Image & Form, Add-on Content) - €2.49/£2.24 (Ends July 13, normally €4.99/£4.49)
SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form) - €7.49/£5.49 (Ends July 13, normally €14.99/£10.99)

tolkir

Special offers
Super Bomberman R (Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH) - €29.99/£29.99 (available July 1-8, normally €49.99/£49.99)
Snake Pass (SUMO DIGITAL) - €11.99/£9.59 (ends July 4, normally €19.99/£15.99)

First two sales and 40%. Good.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Damn. I'm really tempted by Bomberman now.

<starts looking for loose change down the back of the sofa>

Ditto

$30 is very tempting especially with the big update that just hit. Hmmm

PS: Also need confirmation it's gonna be on sale in the US of course. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know how else they'd make a game that required a GBA & a GBA-GCN cable work. I'm also pretty sure there was no way to play the game in single player. One Switch acts as the GCN & the other acts as the GBA.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Only for that specific game.

I know. Pac Man VS is worth it but not if you need 2 switches.

Zonic said:
I don't know how else they'd make a game that required a GBA & a GBA-GCN cable work. I'm also pretty sure there was no way to play the game in single player. One Switch acts as the GCN & the other acts as the GBA.

They'd have to rework something for sure.

jholmes

More TG16 goodness aww yeeeah

Namco Museum's hitting on July 28 and will include Pac-Man Vs. which requires 2 Switch consoles to play (one for ghosts, one for Pac-Man).

Are you serious? It's embarrassing that Nintendo never could get off its ass and get Pac-Man Vs. on the Wii U. All the people who thought two-screen gaming isn't fun should play this.

Is Star Tropics 2 worth $5? :p

StarTropics 2 is one of those sequels that does everything better but loses a little magic in the process. Have you played the first one? Get that first. Otherwise yeah it's definitely worth $5.

zigg

I assume you need two copies of the game, since I haven't found a hidden download play option anywhere…

jonno394

Cross post from the pacman thread, no confirmation on one or two copy of game required yet.

Controller questions should be answered by these

DDg_p3tVoAA1fJc

VS_Menuscreen_1498640194.png

Single console mode without pac man playing ability. Dual console/single joycon mode for pac-man gameplay.

I ultimately got a digital copy of Sonic Racing Transformed on Wii to go along with me digital Tekken copy. Maybe with it always being available I'll try to unlock those last few characters. I really want AGES since it transforms into a Dream cast controller.

Very low amount of 3DS and Wii U sales right.

Will pick up Pirate Pop Plus though.

reminder that Badge Arcade is done updating but now you get 2 free plays every day as they recycle the badges (randomly?)

Thanks for this. I gave up after three months but I'll try to visit it now.

Camjo-Z

I know. Pac Man VS is worth it but not if you need 2 switches.

At what point was Pac-Man Vs. worth it then? On Gamecube where you needed a GBA and a GBA-GC link cable? On DS where you needed two DS systems? Seems like a strange complaint when this is how the game has always been played.

Pokemaniac

The real problem with Pac Man VS is that you'll probably need two copies of the game since the Switch doesn't seem to have download play.

steveovig

I know nothing about Magical Drop. Is it the kind of puzzle game with an endless mode of some kind? Is it really difficult to learn?

Vanillalite

As of today we know nothing coming to the Switch next week right?

Like Death Squared is the week after next, but nothing slotted in between?

Nothing is showing on the Nintendo website.

BooJoh

It's really annoying when I turn on my Switch and have 2-3 updates completed and only know what one of them is based on the icon. I know I got a Bomberman and Minecraft update today but I think there was one more and I haven't got a clue what.

They really need a recent update history somewhere on the OS.

Refyref

It's really annoying when I turn on my Switch and have 2-3 updates completed and only know what one of them is based on the icon. I know I got a Bomberman and Minecraft update today but I think there was one more and I haven't got a clue what.

They really need a recent update history somewhere on the OS.

If you have Mario Kart, then that's the third one.

ramparter

Banned
I will consider Namco Museam is download play is added at some point. We wouln't have this problem if they added online. With online functionality they could release this game as a stand alone for like 10-15$.

City 17

true for every single digital storefront: currency has to match
eShop/PSN/steam/xbl are not banks :D

As Refyref said steam converts the money as you change your region, and any gift card would work on any region, but I'm not sure how it works on eShop, let's say I have $60 in eShop (either code or credit), if I were to change my region to Japan would my credit convert to yen or I need new credit for the new region? What about an unused $60 gift card?

maxcriden

As Refyref said steam converts the money as you change your region, and any gift card would work on any region, but I'm not sure how it works on eShop, let's say I have $60 in eShop (either code or credit), if I were to change my region to Japan would my credit convert to yen or I need new credit for the new region? What about an unused $60 gift card?

I'm under the impression your balance would go to zero. And I'm not sure if it would return if you switched back. But I think if you just created a second switch profile and set that profile's region to JP you could maintain your balance in the first profile. Switch lets you set region per each profile, right?

TheMoon

Then steam is the one special snowflake out there.

Those $60 would then go poof. Again, eShop is not a bank. I don't know what magic steam is working there. If you change your account country, you lose the money in your wallet. It warns you about that. So don't do it until your wallet is empty.

I'm under the impression your balance would go to zero. And I'm not sure if it would return if you switched back. But I think if you just created a second switch profile and set that profile's region to JP you could maintain your balance in the first profile. Switch lets you set region per each profile, right?

Yes, that's exactly how most have been buying all over the eShop world to save money.

maxcriden

Yes, that's exactly how most have been buying all over the eShop world to save money.

Thanks, that's about the size of how I thought it worked.

I saw there's a relatively new site that shows the lowest eShop prices for games around the world. Is that legal to post here?

TheMoon

I saw there's a relatively new site that shows the lowest eShop prices for games around the world. Is that legal to post here?

Why would that not be "legal?" :D

Hasn't that been posted here plenty of times already? In one of the threads I'm subbed to it has, must have been this one.

Vanillalite

There is a poster who has a spread sheet.

Basically shows you US, Canada, and Mexico pricing.

maxcriden

Why would that not be "legal?" :D

Hasn't that been posted here plenty of times already? In one of the threads I'm subbed to it has, must have been this one.

There is a poster who has a spread sheet.

Basically shows you US, Canada, and Mexico pricing.

Thanks guys.
I think I've only seen that poster's sheet. This is one that covers all countries. I'll post a thread as a PSA.

I assumed it was legal, just figured I should check. I like talking to you guys too much to want to get banned!

TheMoon

Thanks guys.
I think I've only seen that poster's sheet. This is one that covers all countries. I'll post a thread as a PSA.

I assumed it was legal, just figured I should check. I like talking to you guys too much to want to get banned!

oh so you meant in the "mods don't mind" sense, not in the "gon' get me a lawsuit!" sense :D

I don't think any mods are still reading this ever since we got ghetto'd in community.

maxcriden

oh so you meant in the "mods don't mind" sense, not in the "gon' get me a lawsuit!" sense :D

I don't think any mods are still reading this ever since we got ghetto'd in community.

Well, I was gonna make a thread. I meant in the "I don't want to be accused of posting an illegal site" sense. I figured there may have been nuances regarding this that I was unaware of.

Yep that's it, thank you. I was going to research to find it, but that is definitely is.

City 17

Then steam is the one special snowflake out there.

Those $60 would then go poof. Again, eShop is not a bank. I don't know what magic steam is working there. If you change your account country, you lose the money in your wallet. It warns you about that. So don't do it until your wallet is empty.
I see, thanks for the explanation.

Top Bottom