• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | September 2017

The mouse pointer was odd, but the game does support full touch screen control.

The game itself is excellent. It's all about interacting with the world and discovering its rules and story through the environment. There were some people to talk to in the first screen, but it was just gibberish as they pointed at something that meant nothing to me right now.

Sold. Sounds very interesting and at $5, I'm more than willing to check it out.

jariw

If you like Zelda-like environmental puzzles, make sure to get Pan-Pan. It really seems to be an amazing value for the asking price. Very polished game with fantastic music/sound design. It works great both with controllers and touch screen.

But it's difficult... For me at least. I have only been able to solve a very few parts of it yet. I read on Steam that it takes about 2-3 to play the game. I feel it will take much longer for me.

This game would need a OT.

tolkir

If you like Zelda-like environmental puzzles, make sure to get Pan-Pan. It really seems to be an amazing value for the asking price. Very polished game with fantastic music/sound design. It works great both with controllers and touch screen.

But it's difficult... For me at least. I have only been able to solve a very few parts of it yet. I read on Steam that it takes about 2-3 to play the game. I feel it will take much longer for me.

This game would need a OT.

I see a good game for €5.00 and I buy it.

Has anyone else checked out Double Dragon 4 yet? Its like a true successor to the NES games!! It basically uses the character models for Billy & Jimmy and alot of the mechanics/moves from Double Dragon 2, theres a couple new moves too. The items are more from the original Double Dragon and you'll find enemies from all the games, including a few new bad guys.

I was skipping through pretty good, then I had to run out for abit. Its easier to die from the environmental hazards/ platforming stuff and the levels are a little bland but its the first Double Dragon game in a long time that feels like an actual successor to the first 3 NES games. At $8.49 CAD it is definitely worth it.

Also there seems to be a 2 player vs mode, where you unlock a bunch of characters the more levels you beat, to use as playables in the vs mode.

If you like the NES Double Dragon games, you'll probably like this. It was pretty cool to fight a couple Abobo's and Burnov at the same time, this game will pull at your nostalgia strings.

Chicken Wiggle on 3DS is on sale in NA for $9.99, it'll be on sale in EU starting on the 21st.

This is a great game that unfortunately hasn't sold very well. New trailer here.

Picked up a 2DS XL yesterday so this will be purchased tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

It's been known the rhythm game, Deemo, will be coming to the Switch and a release date was given for Japan, September 21st.

https://gematsu.com/2017/09/deemo-switch-launches-september-21-japan

The Switch version of Deemo: The Last Recital will launch in Japan on September 21 for 3,000 yen, publisher Flyhigh Works has announced.

On Switch, Deemo will feature 200 songs, and additional songs are planned to be added via free updates. Additionally, an update later this year will add a “controller support mode.” The first update is scheduled to launch this winter.

I'll buy every rhythm game day 1. Bring them all!

NBA 2K18 looks awesome. I enjoy watching basketball but was never good at the games...but that may change because of the Switch. Hoping WWE gets the same love.

Any reason why Magician Lord is delisted from the NA (US?) Switch eshop? The page is still there with it's original release date but I can't download/buy it. Don't remember it being mentioned here.

Any reason why Magician Lord is delisted from the NA (US?) Switch eshop? The page is still there with it's original release date but I can't download/buy it. Don't remember it being mentioned here.

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask about this. It's been unavailable for purchase on the NA eShop for weeks at this point.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
A few eShop releases listed on nintendoeverything.

Thimbleweed Park is September 21.
http://nintendoeverything.com/thimbleweed-park-launching-on-switch-digitally-on-september-21st/

Sine Mora EX is September 26 for NoA, October 10 for other regions.
http://nintendoeverything.com/sine-...ber-26-in-north-america-october-10-elsewhere/

Wait, is the physical coming out on 9/26?! So happy to have it preordered on Amazon for 20 dollars!!

Also pumped on Thimbleweed Park! I can't believe I thought the first year of the Switch was going to be a drought. Bought it 2 months ago and have 9 physical games already.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Woah what? I guess I'm glad I have it...Game is fun (but hard as shit).

Refyref

Yeah, I wanted to buy it, but it's unavailable.

Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story Combat is releasing on eShop worldwide Sept 28th.

Trailer

I'll probably buy these, despite barely getting started with Brave Dungeon on 3DS.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm looking at a few VC games for my 3DS for an upcoming Euro trip. Do the following run well:

• Super Mario Bros 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Earthbound
  • Zelda II
  • DKC 2
  • DKC 3
  • Super Castlevania IV

Also, any other "must have" games on VC? I don't mind spending the money on the console since I love my 3DS. Thinking about the Mega Man games (I have X on there) as well, but I'm not sure yet.

Oh, and SUPER unrelated, but anyone ever travel from US to EU with a 3DS? Is the charger dual voltage? I think it is, but I can't remember for sure.

Going to post some impressions/screenshots of 3 new games:

Pan-Pan
goskp.jpg
les2n.jpg
mysze.jpg
4vsg7.jpg

This is one big puzzle game. You get put into the world with no help. No clues. It's up to you to figure out what these random items/switches do. Really makes you think. You might see something on the floor that you can carry around and there may not be a reason for it now but as you progress that "useless" item will serve a purpose.

I definitely recommend this for those that enjoy puzzle games. Some things won't take long to figure out but others might be too vague. It's just a matter of interacting with the world to see how it works.

$5 well spent.

Quest of Dungeons

ggszl.jpg
grs0e.jpg
yus9a.jpg

A rougelike, dungeon crawling, turn based rpg. You choose 1 of 4 classes and start a randomly generated dungeon. Going floor to floor, killing enemies, finding gold and loot and taking on quests.

4 difficulties.

You have your inventory where you hold a max of 35 items. If there's an item you want to pick up you can to drop one on the floor or stop by a shop and sell. You equip/use items here.

You have skills and each character starts with 1. You can find more while going through the floors. You can only equip 1 skill but can switch between which one you want active.

Quests are random. The only one I've seen is to beat a boss somewhere on the map.

There's a minimap which you can disable or enlarge up to 2x. You can also zoom in to your character as well.

A is to attack
B is to use your skill
R is to see what skill you have equipped
X is inventory
L shows the active skill. This is either the skill you have or a protection skill you may randomly find in the dungeon.

I haven't played too many Mystery Dungeon games but the gameplay is just like those. Take an action, either attack or move, and the enemy does the same. So you can stand still and think about what you want to do and not worry about being attacked until YOU make a move.

You can save and exit your game whenever you want and continue later but if you continue and die, you'll have to start over.

There's a menu that keeps track of your stats: how many times you've died, who you died with, gold collected, steps taken, etc. You can reset your stats at any time.

26 in game achievements.

Leaderboards that can be sorted by your personal best, friends or overall.

You can turn off rumble or increase/decrease the rumble strength.

This is a fun game and one of those perfect games for the Switch. I haven't gotten too deep into the game but I like what I've played and I recommend it.

Robonauts
5nsps.jpg
5hsh5.jpg
7asz1.jpg
mxsld.jpg
80st8.jpg

I think this may be my least favorite game from these 3 but that's not to say it's a bad game.

There are 12 levels. Each level consists of going from planet to planet, either defeating all enemies, defeating certain enemies, protecting someone, etc. It's a good way to spice things up.

You can only aim left and right, and even then you're not really aiming. What I mean is, there's auto aim. If an enemy is close to you, that's who you'll shoot at. If there are multiple enemies, you'll still only shoot at one unless you move closer to the other enemy. I'm a little disappointed in this and wish there was free aiming.

Each level keeps track of your high score and your time. There are 3 tiers of badges you can get on each level. Not sure if score or time determines that. There's an achievement for getting a gold badge on all levels. So this can add to the replay value.

There are 2 difficulties: Casual and Hard. I started on casual just because. It isn't until the last few levels where the amount of enemies picks up and it's where the disappointment of not being able to freely aim hits me.

When you beat a planet on Hard, you'll get a little icon showing you that you did so. The difference between the 2 difficulties is how much damage you take.

There's single player, co-op campaign and 2 player versus.

You start with a gun and grenades but you can pick up different weapons/grenades when defeating enemies. There aren't a whole lot to choose from though...Maybe 4 types of guns/grenades? And they each have a certain number of bullets/uses before you go back to the default. If you pick up the same kind of weapon, you'll refill a little.

I'm up to the last mission and once I beat that, I may do Hard or I may stop playing altogether. It's a fun game but personally, one go around might be enough for me.

If I had someone to try co-op with, then it'll add some replay. I did just try it just to see how it is and I can see the enjoyment. It's split screen co-op. So you and your partner are free to go as far away from each other as you want. If one of you died the other can revive you.

I wouldn't call it a must buy game. It's something for one of those weekends where you're looking for something to just chill with.

TheMoon

I'm looking at a few VC games for my 3DS for an upcoming Euro trip. Do the following run well:

• Super Mario Bros 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Earthbound
  • Zelda II
  • DKC 2
  • DKC 3
  • Super Castlevania IV

Also, any other "must have" games on VC? I don't mind spending the money on the console since I love my 3DS. Thinking about the Mega Man games (I have X on there) as well, but I'm not sure yet.

Oh, and SUPER unrelated, but anyone ever travel from US to EU with a 3DS? Is the charger dual voltage? I think it is, but I can't remember for sure.

All VC games "run well"

japtor

• Super Mario Bros 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Earthbound
  • Zelda II
  • DKC 2
  • DKC 3
  • Super Castlevania IV

Donkey Kong 94, might be under just Donkey Kong. If you've ever played the original Mario vs DK, DK 94 is the predecessor.

And I'm not 100% on the 3DS but I don't think they've done dual voltage chargers up until like...the Switch? Related travel tip: I just get USB for everything myself when possible (there's 3DS-USB charge cables) and bring a single world voltage USB multi charger or two for all my stuff.

TheMoon

Donkey Kong 94, might be under just Donkey Kong. If you've ever played the original Mario vs DK, DK 94 is the predecessor.

And I'm not 100% on the 3DS but I don't think they've done dual voltage chargers up until like...the Switch? Related travel tip: I just get USB for everything myself when possible (there's 3DS-USB charge cables) and bring a single world voltage USB multi charger or two for all my stuff.

yes DK94 is not actually called DK94 anywhere other than the internet. it's just Donkey Kong. You might want to point out that it's the Game Boy game, to make it easier for people who aren't already aware.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Just looked at my charger and you're correct. I should hunt down a converter USB charger. I was going to bring my Switch with me, but I'm worried that it will be a bit TOO space dependent considering we are doing carry-ons only for 2 weeks. 3DS is pocket friendly, so that will probably be my only console over there.

Nosgotham

i just picked up robonauts, pan pan, 36 fragments of midnight and quest of dungeons.

36 fragments is neat and a perfect pick up and play, simple game for 3 bucks. its a platformer, you have one life and have to collect 36 star fragments. everytime you restry its a randomly generated level. neat

i like robonauts a lot. it feels polished and the weaponry is pretty crazy. jumping and shifting from planet to planet is satisfying.

quest of dungeons, i dunno about this one. im playing it as we speak but i think i will sink a ton of time into it

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i just picked up robonauts, pan pan, 36 fragments of midnight and quest of dungeons.

36 fragments is neat and a perfect pick up and play, simple game for 3 bucks. its a platformer, you have one life and have to collect 36 star fragments. everytime you restry its a randomly generated level. neat

i like robonauts a lot. it feels polished and the weaponry is pretty crazy. jumping and shifting from planet to planet is satisfying.

quest of dungeons, i dunno about this one. im playing it as we speak but i think i will sink a ton of time into it

I love roguelikes, but I'm actually curious if Quest of Dungeons has more to offer than just a simple "complete the dungeon with a high score!" Like, does it have secrets, ultra hard content, etc?

oatmeal

Banned
36 fragments seems like a no brainer. Worth it to support a dev releasing a game that cheap.

pan pan looks interesting. Anyone play it on Switch?

zigg

pan pan looks interesting. Anyone play it on Switch?
I finished it yesterday, right around two hours. Delightful little game. No hand-holding. I’m still not entirely sure how I solved the eye tombstone puzzle though—I was trying some parts of the path somewhat randomly when I succeeded. 😒

Nosgotham

How is Quest of Dungeons? How close is it to the Fushigi no Dungeon games?

not sure how close it is but i am pretty addicted to quest of dungeons right now. trying to beat first mansion as assassin. it has leaderboads as well, wich is great. more people need to buy this gem.

Nosgotham

I love roguelikes, but I'm actually curious if Quest of Dungeons has more to offer than just a simple "complete the dungeon with a high score!" Like, does it have secrets, ultra hard content, etc?

still figuring it out. there are definitely secrets. quests you can pick up, merchants, traps etc, find and Learn new skills etc..

way deeper than i thought but not as deep as something like isaac. i actually enjoy this pacing more and it seems more fair and strategic

jariw

I finished it yesterday, right around two hours. Delightful little game. No hand-holding. I’m still not entirely sure how I solved the eye tombstone puzzle though—I was trying some parts of the path somewhat randomly when I succeeded. 😒

You mean the one at the beginning? There's a
a map at the start of it
. I think. I couldn't unlock the door at the end, but all the tombstones disappeared.

zigg

You mean the one at the beginning? There's a
a map at the start of it
. I think. I couldn't unlock the door at the end, but all the tombstones disappeared.
Yeah, that's the one.

I studied the map. There's only three rows on the map, but four rows of tombstones to pass by. The tombstones always go underwater as you pass them by, whether you got them right or not, but you're supposed to follow a specific path.
I couldn't figure out what the correct path was 100%... just sort of accidentally got it in the end.

Slermy

No Etrian Odyssey demo in the US eShop? I couldn't find it if it was there.

Chicken Wiggle on 3DS is on sale in NA for $9.99, it'll be on sale in EU starting on the 21st.

This is a great game that unfortunately hasn't sold very well. New trailer here.

Oh wow, I completely slept on this one. Looks great and I will definitely pick theis one up. Thanks for the recommendation!

tolkir

Looks like this Thursday is clear for the two big eShop releases: SteamWorld Dig 2 and Thimbleweed Park. Other than NeoGeo release of the week.

• Super Mario Bros 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Earthbound
  • Zelda II
  • DKC 2
  • DKC 3
  • Super Castlevania IV

I wouldn't call it a "must-have" but I do enjoy playing the SNES Pilot Wings when traveling on my 3DS.

The big essential title you're missing from the list is Super Metroid,

Top Bottom