• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop update imminent on 3DS? (Minor UI update, Wii U games listing)

I managed to get on the eShop a few mins ago, and everything seemed fine, but there was a listing for "Ghosts 'n' Goblins (NES)" that had the "this software is unavailable" message.

It appeared under an "Arcade Classics" banner on the main screen of the eShop.

Jackano

Even if it means cross-buy (which I doubt very much), knowing Nintendo's assiness it will be like this:

- Do you have game X on 3DS? Doesn't matter
- Do you have game X on Wii U? Doesn't matter
- Do you have game X on Wii? It really doesn't matter
- You have to rebuy the cross-buyable version or if lucky, just at a fee

My point is, the 3 NES cross-buyables games that will be available at day 1 will not become magically and freely playable on the other system. You will need to give Nintendo some mor emoney for that.

Cbajd5

okay now trying to update is taking forever too

and it just told me an error's occurred

again

EVERYONE PANIC

edjit: I can download the data to do a Game Card -> Downloadable Version of a game though.

zroid

Banned
It's probably nothing, guys. Nintendo just experimenting with cross-promotion, and they got a bit ahead of themselves. eShops are down to revert back to the status quo, maybe stick a Wii U game trailer section on 3DS, and vice versa.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
The hype train is gonna crash so hard...

Casual

Banned
Hopefully this means the bulk of VC stuff will be available on 3DS....at the very least the NES/SNES/GBC/GBA stuff should be available on both.

The fact it's not already like that is bizarre.

BowieZ

Banned
It's probably nothing, guys. Nintendo just experimenting with cross-promotion, and they got a bit ahead of themselves. eShops are down to revert back to the status quo, maybe stick a Wii U game trailer section on 3DS, and vice versa.
This.

itsfuckingnothing.gif

ffdgh

This is not the time for logical reasoning. First hype then shattered dreams.

Javier

500 posts later...

bl6Hqmo.jpg

BowieZ

Banned
Guys, please! You're getting me caught up in hype that will definitely crash in the next half hour. I can't handle this.

m0t0k1

lol cross buy. it will probably just like on the wii u eshop where they have 3ds highlights on it. but then in reverse for 3ds.

upandaway

If this is a sign and they're gonna get accounts in time for AA5, I could finally buy that game with a free conscience. Not expecting anything, though.

Cbajd5

Yeah there is no reason to get hyped. If this was big Nintendo wouldve said something about it in the ND yesterday

BUT WHAT IF THEY WERE PLANNING ANOTHER DIRECT ALL ALONG

EVERYONE CONTINUE PANICKING

also everyone go watch some dinosaur office if you haven't yet

It could just be Wii U games being advertised on 3DS like you can see 3DS games on the Wii U eshop.

Most likely this. I love GAF's near religious enthusiasm though. According to Emily Rogers it'll be in fall that they're linked, hopefully there will be a sizeable Wii U OS upgrade around then too.

Top Bottom