• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Fiscal Call - Live Tweeting [Over, OP Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomR

Banned
Would help is they would release a 3DS XL in the United States that doesn't look like a Fisher Price toy.

How hard is it to release this here?

black_640x360.jpg

Absolutely agree.

Between this, and the lack of a white 3DS, heads need to roll at NOA. Enough is enough.

Can't we bring Arakawa-San back out of retirement?

"wiiu want to do more collaboration with 3rd party developers and not just licensing, wiiu connectivity is 74% and want to enhance pad usage"

Only way to get them 3rd party exclusives

Bravelt Default, NOW!

Iwata: WE'RE RELEASING EVERYTHING!

The-Two-Towers-release-the-river.jpg

Am I confused, or is Iwata blaming Vita for underwhelming 3DS sales in the West?

Console environment in general. I hope Reggie isn't feeding him bullshit like that. Its the 3DS vs DS situation thats causing harm there in November.
Plus Reggie never bundled or promoted; unlike NoE who were fucking aggressive about it.

I feel Reggie thought the DS would sell better with Pokemon and the WiiU would be a hit. He should not be making strategy decisions like this.

C-Jo

Agree with the 3DS XL color sentiment.

Had there been white and/or black available at any point from launch till now, I would've upgraded.

As it stands, I continue to wait.

google streetview has been delayed from end of jan to mid feb for japan, saying its an example of what want to do with pad in livingroom
Streetview delayed for Japan

its called wiistreetu powered by google, can tour places from livingroom and adjusts to orientation of pad as you pan around

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Am I confused, or is Iwata blaming Vita for underwhelming 3DS sales in the West?

Well, I guess you could read it that way actually:

usa sales were -27% versus japan while previously 2.5x, also blaming competitors were aggressively bundling titles in usa and eu

The Vita was bundled aggressively...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
"wiiu want to do more collaboration with 3rd party developers and not just licensing, wiiu connectivity is 74% and want to enhance pad usage"

Only way to get them 3rd party exclusives

I mean, I like the idea, but yeah at some point Nintendo needs real 3rd party support.

Absolutely agree.

Between this, and the lack of a white 3DS, heads need to roll at NOA. Enough is enough.

Can't we bring Arakawa-San back out of retirement?

At some point Iwata is going to have to look at how poorly Reggie and NOA have handled both the 3DS and the Wii U and make some changes.

Tenki

overseas will release fire emblem,brain age, lego city, animal crossing by mid year plus 10 more titles,digital all for 3ds

Is this, "Fire Emblem, Brain Age, Lego City and Animal Crossing by mid year, and 10 more titles during the year" or "FE, BA, LC and AC, plus 10 more games, all 14 by mid year"?

Frolow

Banned
Is this, "Fire Emblem, Brain Age, Lego City and Animal Crossing by mid year, and 10 more titles during the year" or "FE, BA, LC and AC, plus 10 more games, all 14 by mid year"?

Most likely the former. I can't imagine them releasing 10 unannounced titles all before midyear.

javac

I'm guessing the 10 games span throughout the whole year.

BD1

Banned
I wonder if Reggie will be on stage at E3 2014? The US market has been soft for two years now.

Nintendo needs to be AGGRESSIVE with third parties, and do thing out of their comfort zone.

Sandfox

Well, I guess you could read it that way actually:

usa sales were -27% versus japan while previously 2.5x, also blaming competitors were aggressively bundling titles in usa and eu

The Vita was bundled aggressively...

Vita, 360, and PS3 all had crazy bundles during the holidays.

antonz

So if they think they are losing sales due to competitor bundling, why don't they bundle a game with the 3DS, XL, and both skus of the of Wii U?

Well I think it was more a case of like Vita giving away like 5 free premium games. As horrible as the potential of the platform might be seeing 5-6 free games included is a hard proposition to counter

So if they think they are losing sales due to competitor bundling, why don't they bundle a game with the 3DS, XL, and both skus of the of Wii U?

3DS was bundled in Japan and Europe (especially Europe where you got a free game!); NoA obviously weren't relaying information well enough or were not properly focusing on 3DS.

I wonder if Reggie will be on stage at E3 2014? The US market has been soft for two years now.

Yup. If he doesn't have a good 2013 (relative to NoJ and NoE; not just 'Iwata you'll never guess! Pokemon sold!'); there should certainly be a transition.

Nintendo needs to be AGGRESSIVE with third parties, and do thing out of their comfort zone.

I feel they need to incentivise localisation from a development stage and push for worldwide releases. With the worldwide internet and Miiverse its surely so much more efficient to go same day - or as close as possible. Europe will probably be behind but at least it'd be closer.

Striek

I wonder what the expectations are for Wii Street U. They have talked about it a decent amount in the past but I just don't see many people caring.

Third-party colloborations sound much more promising, I guess like FExMT.

"r&d for handheld and console together now, plan is that software can work across each other with potentional for mid-long term"

Well gaf was right again..

3DS was bundled in Japan and Europe (especially Europe where you got a free game!); NoA obviously weren't relaying information well enough or were not properly focusing on 3DS.

I mean going forward. The Mario 3D Land bundle sold out incredibly quickly in my neck of the woods. They clearly need to increase the value proposition in for the 3DS and Wii U in the US.

jokkir

I wonder what the expectations are for Wii Street U. They have talked about it a decent amount in the past but I just don't see many people caring..

If it's anything like Compass Mode on Android, it'll be a nice novelty for a little bit. It's pretty cool looking though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom