• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo France: sales data for Wii U / 3DS (consoles, games), amiibo, + 2016 "plans"

L~A

Edit: oops, I DID forget it's only for France... can a mod please edit before other Gaffers put my head on a spike?

I know there's already Cereal Enthusiast's thread about the market as a whole, but Le Figaro also published another article focused on Nintendo with more data.

First, some raw data for 2015:

- Nintendo 3DS: 685 000 units sold (-6%), 4m LTD
- Wii U: 228 000 units sold (-4%), 742 000 LTD

- Mario Kart 7: 225 000 units [yes, not Mario Kart 8]
- New Super Mario Bros. 2: 180 000 units
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: 250 000 units
- New Style Boutique 2: 130 000 units in a month
- Splatoon: 300 000 units
- amiibo: 1m units in 2015
- amiibo cards: 250 000 packs

Next, their 'plans' for 2016. First, they plan to have more game + related amiibo launching together (think Zelda TP HD for example). Game-wise, there's the new Zelda game on Wii U, Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second: End Layer, Dragon Quest 7 + 8 on Nintendo 3DS.

There's also Yo-kai Watch (they really hope it'll do better than in the US), launching later this year. Apparently airing on 'major national TV channel' (they don't say which one). They quickly mention Miitomo and NX (+ theme parks stuff) and the usual "consoles are the core of our business" quote.

A funny tidbit to end: Nintendo has apparently signed some deals with clothing brands:

- Vans (shoes)
- Undiz (chain of stores selling underwear, pajamas, and stuff for women). They explicitely mention Nintendo-branded underwear, pajamas, sweats (by the end of the year, from the looks of it).

Source

There's also Yo-kai Watch (they really hope it'll do better than in the US), launching later this year. Apparently airing on 'major national TV channel' (they don't say which one). They quickly mention Miitomo and NX (+ theme parks stuff) and the usual "consoles are the core of our business" quote.

Either TF1, France 3 or Gulli. I think it's going to be TF1.

A funny tidbit to end: Nintendo has apparently signed some deals with clothing brands:
- Vans (shoes)
- Undiz (chain of stores selling underwear, pajamas, and stuff for women). They explicitely mention Nintendo-branded underwear, pajamas, sweats.

Oh boy I know what I'm getting for my girlfriend's birthday.

Please let there be poke ball bras

STILL WAITING FOR FE FATES EU DATE
readImage

I'm kinda amazed that the game still don't have a date and US have april date for bravely second.
I don't really understand.

Vena

So did Yokai Watch flop in the US then?

~tentative no~

But it certainly wasn't a blockbuster either, 200k for a very culturally steeped release is not *flop* but its also probably not living up to expectations/marketing plans.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
~tentative no~

But it certainly wasn't a blockbuster either, 200k for a very culturally steeped release is not *flop* but its also probably not living up to expectations/marketing plans.

For how much NoA pushed it last year, including the ridiculous videos with Reggie, it kind of flopped.

Sterok

The success of Happy Home Designer, Tomodachi Life, and Style Savvy make me even happier than Splatoon's success. They show that there is still an audience for those kinds of games on a dedicated device, which means there's a greater variety of people to sell a future handheld to.

JazzmanZ

I wonder if they plan on doing a new Amiibo series, buts whats left that has a lot of popular characters? Mario's fell thru due to underwhelming MP10 sales, and Animal crossing isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

I guess Pokemon, but there's no way i'm buying 700 of the little fuckers.

Alrus

I don't really understand why Style Savvy is selling so well in France. But it seems 3DS software is doing good.

Was MK 7 discounting or part of some promo?

I wonder if they plan on doing a new Amiibo series, buts whats left that has a lot of popular characters? Mario's fell thru due to underwhelming MP10 sales, and Animal crossing isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

I guess Pokemon, but there's no way i'm buying 700 of the little fuckers.
I'm honestly surprised they haven't released a new Zelda range.

But yeah, Pokémon's the big gun they're holding back there, I'd imagine.

Top Bottom