• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo gets Monolith Soft from Bandai-Namco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quazar

probune said:
If Monolith Soft can make an RPG that plays as well as Xenosaga Episode 3 again then haters am owned.

But I doubt it. They only have 33% chance of success since the other two games in the series were awful.

Leeeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins!

Pellham

Banned
:lol why this piece of shit company of all companies?
Though the thought of Xenosaga on the Wii is quite hilarious for fanboy reaction on all sides.

tech-engine wise, xenosaga was kinda cool. They (Monolith) have nothing to do with the history and gameplay.

I know he's long gone from the company but didn't the Xenosaga director who defected from Square start up Monolith Soft? I'm sure Monolith had to have played a big role in the three Xenosaga games that followed even though the original creator is long departed.

Tabris

If Nintendo decides to give a budget for Xenosaga Episode 4-6 or an entirely new Xeno series, I will sell my Sony systems and become the next gahiggidy.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
duckroll said:
Nintendo clearly agrees.

Next game will be Mario: Ich esse Hundemisten

It will star mario in a future fighting adolf eichmann crammed in the body of Robot Peach as he tries to translate War and Peace into Albanian.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hcoregamer00 said:
Next game will be Mario: Ich esse Hundemisten

It will star mario in a future fighting adolf eichmann crammed in the body of Robot Peach as he tries to translate War and Peace into Albanian.

:lol :lol :lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
Tabris said:
If Nintendo decides to give a budget for Xenosaga Episode 4-6 or an entirely new Xeno series, I will sell my Sony systems and become the next gahiggidy.
That's totally lose-lose for everyone.

Xavien

To be fair, who the hell was Retro Studio's before Metroid Prime?

Nintendo has a habit of making development studios they acquire into successes.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
AniHawk said:
Part three was the best in the series. I was really surprised.
It's sitting on my shelf, still trying to trud through disk 2 of EPII.

Xavien said:

But they didn't even make anything before MP.

BTW everyone that says this is simply convincing Dragona less and less.

Troidal

Is Takahashi still helming Monolith Soft?

Oh the irony if they'll just be making DS games which aren't RPGs...or they can always go for Xeno Mario RPG.... the epic story about a plumber that will unlock the mysteries of mankind and save the universe from darkness...

Tabris

...but, Nintendo would never do that and I just realized they would never allow the mature themes Xenosaga/gears has...so this news is starting to make me sad :( !!!

Yeah, this news really sucks. Boo! Worst company to sell to for Xenosaga. Why couldn't have Square Enix bought them... no!! Atlus would have been so much better than that. Atlus is all about keeping integrity of themes.

Steroyd

Xavien said:

Who the hell was Rare before Donkey Kong?

hmmm... does this mean Nintendo is going to entrust this dev with an existing IP whom we all loved for years and expect above the best quality ala a typical Nintendo game.

No pressure then.

Tabris said:
...but, Nintendo would never do that and I just realized they would never allow the mature themes Xenosaga/gears has...so this news is starting to make me sad :( !!!

Yeah, this news really sucks. Boo! Worst company to sell to for Xenosaga. Why couldn't have Square Enix bought them... no!! Atlus would have been so much better than that. Atlus is all about keeping integrity of themes.

Segata Sanshiro said:
OH NO.

TABRIS

MY SWEET PRINCE

DON'T DO ANYTHING HASTY

Taxman

jj984jj said:
:lol

Rare/Silicon Knights/Left Field am cry? Actually, what does Monolith Soft have that they don't?

What ever happened to Left Field? Last I remember is that they made Excitebike 64, then they disappeared. Do they even still exist?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Tabris said:

don't worry this is only the first in many buy outs by nintendo. They keep running out of room to store their money. The monolith buildings will only tide them over till the end of summer and they will be filled to capacity with cash. I wonder how much room SE has to store money hmmmm.

jj984jj

Steroyd said:
Who the hell was Rare before Donkey Kong?

hmmm... does this mean Nintendo is going to entrust this dev with an existing IP whom we all loved for years and expect above the best quality ala a typical Nintendo game.

No pressure then.
Monolith Soft to make Kid Icarus? :lol :(

Tabris

I think this thread would be fitting for a goodbye post to Xenosaga since there's no hope of a new Xenosaga EVER anymore. Here are some tribute pictures:

3.jpg

sophia.jpg

pic23.jpg

fmv785-41.jpg

chaos.jpg

fmv810-180.jpg

60356838275_9771.jpg

albedo3.jpg

fmv810-141.jpg

120%20-%20oh%20right%20i%20have%20a%20line.jpg

182%20-%20the%20beach%20f.jpg

xenosaga-episode-ii-20040624074656002.jpg

saga_5.jpg

xeno_50.jpg

12.jpg

xeno-7b.jpg

04.jpg

vlcsnap3419055bv.jpg

Eteric Rice

Hmm, it would be awesome if Nintendo decided to make their own RPG series...

One that doesn't include Nintendo characters, I mean. Lol

Eteric Rice said:

If Nintendo made their own RPG, wouldn't it automatically mean it has Nintendo characters?

Who would it have? Dante?

Eteric Rice

ShockingAlberto said:
If Nintendo made their own RPG, wouldn't it automatically mean it has Nintendo characters?

Who would it have? Dante?

Well technically since Nintendo now pretty much owns them, yeah, it would be their characters. I meant original Nintendo characters, then. :p

The_Dude

Any developer who had a hand in the Baten Kaitos games is fine by me! And I'm just glad that Nintendo might be changing their tune on second parties.

The Black Brad Pitt said:
The Black Brad Pitt said:
The dudes that made battalion wars.
Nintendo doesn't own Kuju. They're making a PSP game for Sega at the moment.

Eteric Rice

I wonder if this means Nintendo is going to help fund Disaster, now?

Could the game become awesome? Or will it give us Dis Pear?...

sephirothdispearbq6.jpg

icecream

Public Health Threat
Pureauthor said:
Tri-crescendo did just about everything worth caring about.

I sorta wished they'd bought tri-ace. Then I wouldn't have to worry about not being to afford the system VP3 ends up on.
Never! And besides, it's IU first :D

jj984jj

The_Dude said:
Any developer who had a hand in the Baten Kaitos games is fine by me! And I'm just glad that Nintendo might be changing their tune on second parties.

Nintendo doesn't own Kuju. They're making a PSP game for Sega at the moment.
Yeah, Kuju has multiple studios working on stuff nobody knows about. :lol

Abel

Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos are awesome :D !
Normally I'd support it and sing its praises but considering GAF is so anti MSI it would just fall on deaf ears so I'll do it elsewhere :lol
*high fives Tabris*

Eteric Rice said:

Maybe Nintendo will use Monolith Soft to develop a Kingdom Hearts knock-off. Although I doubt any of the characters from Xenosaga/Baten Kaitos are that popular.

It'd still sell with the nintendo ones though.

Uncle AJ

I keep confusing this Monolith with the Monolith that developed F.E.A.R. and Condemned.

Condemned on Wii would rock.

fernoca

Maybe they are going to give the ma chance..or something..hehehe..

I mean..

Nintendo acquired as a second party Silikon Knights..
In 5+ years, they only managed to make Eternal Darkness (a N64 then GCN game) and MGS: The Twin Snakes (some kind of remake)...both were not very successfull in sales..compared to all the time they spent making them..

During that same period, Nintendo acquired Retro..which had many difficulties..and later bought them. (after the suces of Metroid Prime)

So who knows...
After all, Monolith released Xenosaga I, II, III, Baten Kaitos I, II among other games..during the same time that Silikon Knights released..nothing...so I think is a better investment..hehehe. :)

But only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom