• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo has taken back potentially stolen Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the the OP

- Knew it wasnt from a retailer

- Knew that he was leaking something he shouldnt even have had

BUt thats what GAF does man! well.... not buying stolen goods though..

That said we dont have proof one way or the other of the circumstances but damn if it isnt heavily implied

What do you gain? Sympathy. And knowing how generous GAF can be, sympathy could earn you monetary donations towards a replacement system since you were allegedly taken advantage of and took the high road. Even throwing in the "don't be mad at Nintendo guys".

You could very well be telling the truth, but you have to understand some of us may be skeptical.
Last post on this subject , I will not accept any money from gaf or anyone else for a replacement system even if offered.

RedRum

Banned
if he had bought the system from best buy legally and legitimately got it early he would not have had to return it

see: every other time someone got something early from a retailer. like the PS4 Slim most recently.

This is up to Nintendo. The rules aren't the same for everyone. Legally, Nintendo is WELL within their right. Posting a video about it's features early will also make you a pretty good target for them wanting it back as well.

Hahahahahaa....holy shit lol. Didn't know that was there, I only read the quoted texts.
He's like "hiphoptherobot doesn't want Nintendo to get bad press, but this is important, so imma letting you guys know!!!!!"

Not according to hiphoptherobot. He said more are out there.

oh shit

Im behind on the lore

Sooo uhh h did OP pay full price?

I would let him off the hook (even though he probably knew the whole thing was shady in teh back of his mind) if he dished out the cash like a proper consumer

We should at least be gracious that we got a glimpse of the UI for Switch. It's already the 18th and it seems less and less likely that Nintendo will do any sort of Direct.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah one Switch, one random guy on the net has wow the horror.....

I guess you don't understand how businesses work. It's apparently not just "one guy" either, anymore.

EDIT: Companies can't just make "exceptions" for these things.

Nanashrew

Banned
For anyone who can't even read the OP or completely unwilling too because LOTS OF WORDS ARE SCARY.

The Switch was stolen and exchanged hands. HipHop didn't know it was stolen. Nintendo contacted him and he found it was a stolen product of theirs and he willingly gave it back because he didn't feel comfortable owning a stolen system.

It's right in the OP

Boke1879

Clearly the the OP

- Knew it wasnt from a retailer

- Knew that he was leaking something he shouldnt even have had

BUt thats what GAF does man! well.... not buying stolen goods though..

That said we dont have proof one way or the other of the circumstances but damn if it isnt heavily implied

The fact that he was never clear where it came from to me implied shady shit.

I kinda feel bad that OP is out of the money though.

jax

Banned
CND stay winning.

That was me reading the thread title and jumping to conclusions to confirm my bias against Nintendo.
Ftfy

Really sad this thread was made when he said not to . OP should get demoted to junior for this shit
23266068.jpg

Fuck that shit. They would have had to take my ass to court to pry something I paid for from me. I wouldn't hand anything over until a judge told me to. Petty ass company.

Matt

This is up to Nintendo. The rules aren't the same for everyone. Legally, Nintendo is WELL within their right. Posting a video about it's features early will also make you a pretty good target for them wanting it back as well.
No he wouldn't. If he legally bought it from Beat Buy (using their point of sale system and all that), the only issue would be Nintendo being pissed at BB for breaking street date. He wouldn't have done anything legally questionable at all.

Darkman M

I guess you don't understand how businesses work. It's apparently not just "one guy" either, anymore.

EDIT: Companies can't just make "exceptions" for these things.

Yeah you got me, this is the only piece of hardware that's ever been out in the wild 2 weeks early.

Ninja Dom

I suppose people see it from a different viewpoint than myself, I'll ask a mod to lock this thread at their discretion.

Totally. It's exactly why I'm buying a Switch at launch, because I absolutely hate Nintendo.

Just re-edit your OP with the Update as the first line.

phanphare

Banned

no it's not. they could go after the retailer that sent it early but if he had done everything kosher and really did accidentally receive the unit early he would be under no obligation to give it to Nintendo.

last post on the matter because this is bordering on "nuh uh", "yeah huh"

search Matt's posts on the matter if you want to know more or do some googling

edit: Matt responded to you himself haha, thanks Matt

Eh....he uploaded to a streaming website and posts here. The authority can easily track his IP address.

Crazy. Besides, if it was stolen, wouldnt it have been stolen from a company that purchased it? I understand them wanting the console to figure where the console was sent, and who stole it, but damn.

Spy

To be fair to you, I do understand why you thought it deserved a thread. I just think it was a really bad idea and something should have stopped you from doing it in the first place. I'm sorry I called you an idiot.
It's cool. Like I said before, there were no ill intentions other than the fact that I view this as a gaming news website and I felt that this was pretty big news considering everyone has been discussing the leak over the last day or two.

jax

Banned
Fuck Nintendo. This is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard of. I am never buying another one of their products again and I'm selling the ones I have.
Yeah! Fuck them! I'm gonna start a bonfire with all of my Nintendo games! Anyone want to meet up for a game burning with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom