• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Land removed from the eShop

Haunted

1384047941-nintendo-land-eshop.jpg

Still there on EU eShop, though wasn't Europe supposed to have the same price cut?
More shocking is the 60€ price tag. wtf

udivision

Obviously making room for Nintendo land 2! Believeeeeee

Nintendo Universe, you mean.

Wii... U is so next Gen.
It plays your favorite games.
And if you think it can't,
There's Smash Bros. on the way!
That's why the fanboys of this world have faith in,
Zelda, Mario, Dee Kaay and Pikmin!

No one is gonna get that...

blamite

Nintendo Universe, you mean.

Wii... U is so next Gen.
It plays your favorite games.
And if you think it can't,
There's Smash Bros. on the way!
That's why the fanboys of this world have faith in,
Zelda, Mario, Dee Kaay and Pikmin!

No one is gonna get that...

I get it!

Terrell

This is one of those times I wish games journalism was actually journalism and we could get them to investigate the reasoning for this.

But no, we're left to just take wild guesses. Great.

oatmeal

Banned
Dumb dumb dumb...

It better come back. It should be included digitally on every system sold. It should be sold to those of us who have a system already for $9.99.

Bleh. I want to get rid of the physical version.

Apparently yes, though it was explicitly stated in Nintendo's announcement:

I'm not following this or reading this right somehow. You cannot redownload a game that you purchased? How is this possible? Games get delisted from purchase on Steam from time to time but you can redownload them forever. Was it a free game? I could definitely understand if that's the case.

I'm not following this or reading this right somehow. You cannot redownload a game that you purchased? How is this possible? Games get delisted from purchase on Steam from time to time but you can redownload them forever. Was it a free game? I could definitely understand if that's the case.

Don't worry, you'd be able to redownload it. People just jumping on Nintendo for shit they aren't even doing.

However, I have no idea why it was taken off to begin with.

jmizzal

Can somebody in the press contact Nintendo about this, they have to say something on this, they did put out a press release saying it would still available digitally.

Regiruler

Whatever reason they have, I doubt it's permanent. If it's promote a new product w/e, they'll put it back after they had their fun because it'd be free money afterwards.

Tybolt

Banned

Don't worry, you'd be able to redownload it. People just jumping on Nintendo for shit they aren't even doing.

However, I have no idea why it was taken off to begin with.

I think this was about a bizarre situation from a few weeks back. Nintendo announced randomly that Yoshi's Cookie was going to be delisted and completely ripped from the Wii Shop and that was the end of it. I think the implications here is that it's very possible for a game to become un-redownloadable at some point, thus the issue.

Everyone cross their fingers for a revised version of Nintendoland that includes all of the Wii Sports Club games and online functionality in 2014. BELIEVE

zebwinz

This is one of those times I wish games journalism was actually journalism and we could get them to investigate the reasoning for this.

But no, we're left to just take wild guesses. Great.

This just happened. Any journalist, no matter what field, should take their time and investigate a story. Posting a story that says "we are waiting for clarification" just leads to commenters speculating.

Frolow

Banned
I can see them relaunching the digital version by selling the Mini-Games al la carte like with Wii Sports Club. $5 per Attraction or $30 for all twelve.

You seem to be under the impression Nintendo is the only one who makes mistakes here.

As far as the removal it could just be an error.
I am under the impression that Nintendo is being stupid. I know others can be at fault but this thread is about Nintendo.

The game is still gone so this has to be intentional.. for what reason I can't say.

Maybe they're switching to a Wii Sports U style of sales, or (hopefully) they might be packing it in every WiiU console.

Could you imagine that? Freaking radical.

CTLance

I'm thinking there's an exploit in the software, they found it / were told about it, and until they've fixed it they will try to contain the spread of this potentially dangerous game.

It would make sense why they pulled it so quickly and without any explanations.

But who knows, really. Still a crummy thing to do.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I was waiting for a price drop so I could finally take out the DVD from its entrenched position in my WiiU disk drive. I do hope this eshop removal is some transient state.

There goes any chance of me buying it... not that there was a lot before, most people really disliked that "game"
'Most people'?

Berg

Hopefully it's not because there is an exploit in the game code that allows someone to access the OS or something.

Wait why is game in quotes

You can not like mini-games but they have goals and objectives and you interact with them using direct control of the on-screen objects

How is it not a game

Most people are assholes. It's one of the best games of 2012 and I will never stand idly and watch it being mocked.
I don't think it's one of the best of 2012, but people are definitely assholes and the game is good.

It's an easy game to be apathetic about until you sit down to actually play it.

The Hermit

Wait why is game in quotes

You can not like mini-games but they have goals and objectives and you interact with them using direct control of the on-screen objects

How is it not a game

you are right, my bad

I am just pissed that part of me wanted to buy it and Nintendo is actually stopping me from that

Most people are assholes. It's one of the best games of 2012 and I will never stand idly and watch it being mocked.

Unfortunately I won't be able to know that :(

I think this was about a bizarre situation from a few weeks back. Nintendo announced randomly that Yoshi's Cookie was going to be delisted and completely ripped from the Wii Shop and that was the end of it. I think the implications here is that it's very possible for a game to become un-redownloadable at some point, thus the issue.

Yeah this is what I was talking about. I was asking if Yoshi's Cookie was free or not. If it was a game that you had to pay for and they removed it from being able to be redownloaded then that is downright theft.

Valkrai

I don't think it's one of the best of 2012, but people are definitely assholes and the game is good.

It's an easy game to be apathetic about until you sit down to actually play it.

Agreed. When I first saw it before the launch of the Wii U, it looked pretty terrible until I tried it. It's great, nowhere near the best, but even better with more people. I still don't get why Nintendo didn't add online to it, it seems like a missed opportunity.

Agreed. When I first saw it before the launch of the Wii U, it looked pretty terrible until I tried it. It's great, nowhere near the best, but even better with more people. I still don't get why Nintendo didn't add online to it, it seems like a missed opportunity.

Online seems to be a bit tricky with assymetrical gameplay. Especially if the Wii remote players are not in the same room since communication is important to the competitive games. Nintendo should have definitely added leaderboards though like they did with Pikmin 3.

OT: I do find the removal strange. Maybe they are converting Nintendoland to a model similar to Wii Sports Club. They should have done that to Game & Wario first

Top Bottom