• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America hires Bowser; violent protests begin in Mushroom Kingdom

Sulik2

So Retro is going to churn out a linear coop Metroid FPS with no exploration elements that lets you pay real money to upgrade your weapons and then get shut down two years later?

Microtransactions and yearly sequels here we come.

Heartfyre

I was convinced this was just Nintendo making a joke, as they often do, until a Google search finally made it dawn on me that there is genuinely a man named Doug Bowser.

It all seems so surreal.

Doug Bowser will be dressing up as Bowser for an E3 skit where Mario (played by Charles Martinet) has to save the Princess (played by Reggie) in a paint-drenched area. Bowser Jr. (played by Bill Trinen) pops out with a paintbrush, and disguises himself as Shadow Mario (played by Shigeru Miyamoto).

Then they come out on stage to announce Super Mario Sunshine HD for Wii U.

Xbro

Doug Bowser will be dressing up as Bowser for an E3 skit where Mario (played by Charles Martinet) has to save the Princess (played by Reggie) in a paint-drenched area. Bowser Jr. (played by Bill Trinen) pops out with a paintbrush, and disguises himself as Shadow Mario (played by Shigeru Miyamoto).

image.php

alf717

That would be pretty cool or Super Mario Galaxy in HD as a double pack in title with Galaxy 2. Only thing I would chance is Leslie Swan as Princess Peach.

mdubs

Banned
Doug Bowser will be dressing up as Bowser for an E3 skit where Mario (played by Iwata) has to save the Princess (played by Reggie) in a paint-drenched area. Bowser Jr. (played by Bill Trinen) pops out with a paintbrush, and disguises himself as Shadow Mario (played by Shigeru Miyamoto).

FIFY. The world would collapse

SalvaPot

Bowser comes to Nintendo from Electronic Arts, where he has worked since 2007, most recently as Vice President of Global Business Planning, a role that made him responsible for EA’s console, PC and mobile game forecasting.

To all the people overreacting about him coming from EA, he is coming from a sector that enhances communication with the public, and if something Nintendo needs is to translate their product back into the main market, I think this is a good move.

What's even more amazing is that I've never met or heard of anyone with that last name, and I know it can't be that common. And the first guy I've heard with that name is working for NOA. I'm sure the joke came up in his interview and helped lighten the mood and helped him to get the job. They really need a Doug Bowser joke in the next Paper Mario game.

Converse

Banned
Well, Nintendo of America's retail strategy and marketing can't get much worse, so maybe Mr. Bowser will be a positive influence. EA might be comically evil, but they're stronger than Nintendo in those departments -- perhaps he'll bring some new insight with him.

I'm gonna resist the Bowser joke, uncanny as the situation is. This dude is going to have enough of those for the rest of his life.

Wait, so this isn't a joke? I really thought it was a joke by NOA about hiring the Mario Bowser. You mean there's really a guy named Bowser working in NOA? I thought the EA thing was a dig at the company.

So Retro is going to churn out a linear coop Metroid FPS with no exploration elements that lets you pay real money to upgrade your weapons and then get shut down two years later?

Microtransactions and yearly sequels here we come.
Still better than Other M.

Zetta

If this thread is any indication...that's all that was said.

I'm going on the assumption that he had the job as soon as they saw his last name. I think is probably the best thing to happen to Mario. Bowser's Inside Story was my favorite M&L just because of Bowser.

Rephin

I thought this was a joke reading the thread title. I wonder if NoA picked him up for his name as much as his resume, trotting him out at the big trade shows like E3 for more positive interactions with consumers and other game companies as well as being "that Bowser guy who works for Nintendo". Maybe he'll be like the next Reggie and Iwata.

Top Bottom