• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America Issues Statement on Stolen Switch Systems

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I haven't done anything illegal in a long time, so maybe the game has changed, but we didn't shoot a whole lot of video when we were doing dirt

What crime? Buying a switch from a likely friend/acquaintance in retail then trying to flip it without knowing that friend/acquaintance actually stole it?

So many assumptions in this thread. I didn't know we had so many CIA operatives who post on GAF.

People's problem is that he originally lied. If I got it from a friend, I'd say I got it from a mate. He pretended that he got it from a retailer, then changed his story. It's no wonder that most people aren't naive enough to believe his ass.

I personally don't care how he got it, but it's not hard to see why others don't buy it.

People's problem is that he originally lied. If I got it from a friend, I'd say I got it from a mate. He pretended that he got it from a retailer, then changed his story. It's no wonder that most people aren't naive enough to believe his ass.

I personally don't care how he got it, but it's not hard to see why others don't buy it.

Most likely an acquaintance that works in retail, which would be supported by the story in the OP.

He may also have suspected it was shady. Any number of reasons why. So far his story checks out based on the VERY limited knowledge of the situation some random internet forum has.

I mean, fuck, this is what REAL investigators are for.

This thread would rather say "fuck the law, let's string him up" with absolutely no evidence and just speculation on our part.

That's fucked up. That's something I'd expect coming out of the Trump administration. Making brash decisions with little evidence to support them.

renzolama

Nintendo Switch will launch worldwide on March 3, 2017, and we look forward to everyone being able to discover the wonders of the new system for themselves at that time..

Is Sean Murray writing their press releases now?

But yeah, all joking aside, it's amazing how much you can get away with when you just keep your mouth shut about it.

scamander

Banned
Why should you even have to?

MS and Sony get some shit for shipping with 500Gb, 25Gb is ridiculous and out of touch just expecting consumers to buy extra storage cards.

Last I checked the Sony console that is appropriate to compare with Switch regarding internal storage (you know, the portable one) includes 1GB, that are only usable as long as you don't use one of those highly overpriced memory cards. Did you know you can simply use cheap micro SD card on Switch? Seems so much worse than on PS Vita, right? /s

Oh, btw. Even if you think you comparing switch with non-portable home consoles is fair; on PS4 you have to install retail games, so you can't have more than ~10 games installed on the 500GB model. On Switch you don't need internal storage for any retail game.

Last I checked the Sony console that is appropriate to compare with Switch regarding internal storage (you know, the portable one) includes 1GB, that are only usable as long as you don't use one of those highly overpriced memory cards. Did you know you can simply use cheap micro SD card on Switch? Seems so much worse than on PS Vita, right? /s

Oh, btw. Even if you think you comparing switch with non-portable home consoles is fair; on PS4 you have to install retail games, so you can't have more than ~10 games installed on the 500GB model. On Switch you don't need internal storage for any retail game.

Also if past Nintendo game sizes are anything to go by, Switch will be fine with smaller amounts of storage. Lots of major games sub-10 gigs, even sub-5 gigs.

Splatoon 1.8 gigs. Mario 3D World 1.6 gigs.

Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the response. I knew Hiphoprobot got the Switch early but besides the first couple of posts I didn't really read the thread. It sucks that he had to give it back and was mostly fucked out of the money he paid for it.

I would have never told anyone I have gotten it early.
That's what he gets.
If he didn't know something like this was going to happen, then he's a fool. The whole thing was more than a little fishy.

arewethebaddies.gif

sucks for those who lost their jobs.

thanks for the vids tho

It sucks for the people who stole from their job? I'm not quite getting that.

I feel bad for Hiphoptherobot but he had to have known he bought it from someone shady. As far as I understand, he didn't work for the distributor. He just bought it from one of the jerks who stole from work.

Ozigizo

What crime? Buying a switch from a likely friend/acquaintance in retail then trying to flip it without knowing that friend/acquaintance actually stole it?

So many assumptions in this thread. I didn't know we had so many CIA operatives who post on GAF.

If he knew it was stolen, it's a crime.

Zemm

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread but going by the statement I didn't read that hiphop would get in trouble...? The only people being questioned by law enforcement were the ones who stole/sold the console isn't it? I missed the entire saga but hiphop wasn't one of those sellers right? Or did it turn out that he was?

Who knows, I mean we only have a one sided story from hiphop and he's lied about stuff so... could have had something to do with the actual thieving, may have not. I don't buy that he didn't know it was stolen though, of course you know it's stolen when someone's offering you a Switch 2 weeks early and they work at gamestop or wherever it was taken from.

I mean, if you think it is likely something is stolen (and, in the case of a system being handed to you a month early, it is likely the case)...don't accept it? You're free to take the risk if you want, but you have to acknowledge those risks.

If you are so naive that you can't conceive of something in this situation being stolen, then I don't know what to say.

SgtFlowers

Neo Member
32110110334_1b7c841315_o.gif

Beautiful

Top Bottom