• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo OFFICIALLY Confirms SNES Games For New Nintendo 3DS!

Only for the N3DS is some pretty massive bullshit.

I'd disagree if N3DS wasn't the most useless of the 1.5 handhelds Nintendo has a habit of doing. I get that it has the extra knob, but it seems like they barely supported this thing at all. Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, DSi. All great. N3DS seems questionable comparatively

beril

SNES emulation, only with the power of the "New" 3DS!

Come the fuck on, Nintendo.

If you know anything about the power needed for passable SNES emulation, and the 3DS CPU clock cycle this should have been obvious

there's also plenty of homebrew SNES emulators on 3DS now and from what I've heard they run like crap on the original 3DS

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Nintendo doesn't release SNES games on original 3DS hardware...people complain.

Nintendo releases SNES games on original 3DS hardware with severe slowdown...boy howdy you bet people would complain.

Striek

Two games a week (edit: OP has 3 but I swear it said 2 on the EU stream, still...)? Eight fucking euros? Why bother?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

dc89

EU stream just mentioned that if you buy one of the games, you get the other that is released that week (?) at half price.

Earthbound was more expensive than the others iirc.

Matticers

So after the first nine games, are we going to get like three games per year like Wii and N64 games on Wii U? I'm totally expecting that. They always half-ass their VC stuff.

But I'm totally in for DKC 2 on the go. I don't even care if I have to rebuy it.

Seriously. One major reason I'm looking forward to NX. This re-buying games for the 4th, 5th time will finally end with an ongoing, unified account system. Or at least I really hope so.

Ha, this is Nintendo! If you want to play Super Mario World you have to purchase the Super Mario NX Advance 4: Super Mario World

megalowho

Yeah, I'm good with my XL. Of course Nintendo was going to find a way to Nintendo up something as simple as SNES emulation.

If you know anything about the power needed for passable SNES emulation, and the 3DS CPU clock cycle this should have been obvious

there's also plenty of homebrew SNES emulators on 3DS now and from what I've heard they run like crap on the original 3DS

Listen to this man. The CPU in the regular 3DS is pretty much crap.

HUELEN10

Please buy our pointless upgrade to our handheld if you want the privilege of giving us more money for these games that could probably be emulated on your calculator at this point.
Don't be upset about exclusives for another GBC-like successor. It's normal for new hardware to get new games.

Spaghetti

Nintendo doesn't release SNES games on original 3DS hardware...people complain.

Nintendo releases SNES games on original 3DS hardware with severe slowdown...boy howdy you bet people would complain.
Not really a valid argument considering what M2 have done with the original 3DS.

Danneee

I don't get it. Who's buying the exact same game over and over? Do people really play these games or just want them sitting there on their consoles just comfortably knowing they can play it if they want to but don't?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
SNES emulation, only with the power of the "New" 3DS!

Come the fuck on, Nintendo.

Don't worry, you might get a discount.

Yeah, five years late and exclusive to a hardware revision makes it hard for me to be too happy about this.

Fuck that.

EDIT: Oh and ONLY on New 3DS?

379ch.gif

Never has this gif been more applicable.

Wait. Just N3DS?!

Or can I play on my 3DS XL as well....

lol at making it exclusive to a revision. Because the standard 3DS totally can't handle SNES games.

What.

The.

Fuck.

The existence of this thing perplexes me. But I guess it helps validate the purchase for the people who bought in, at least some. Hm. Oh well... at least I have my SNES.

Only for the N3DS is some pretty massive bullshit.

I find it highly suspect that the normal 3DS can't run SNES games

Not really a valid argument considering what M2 have done with the original 3DS.

Guys, the CPU in the original 3DS hardware isn't powerful enough to emulate SNES games. We have a developer in this very thread saying it. It's as simple as that.

I don't get it. Who's buying the exact same game over and over? Do people really play these games or just want them sitting there on their consoles just comfortably knowing they can play it if they want to but don't?

I am. :V

Did they say anything about pricing?

muteki

I'm kinda interested to hear about the pricing. Don't have a n3ds (no real desire to have one), but curious to see what Nintendo's current thinking on account-based purchases is.

Megatron

The first set of games will launch today and includes:
Pilotwings
Super Mario World
F-Zero

On March 24th:
Super Mario Kart
EarthBound
Donkey Kong Country

Finally, on April 14th:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03...-snes-games-headed-to-new-3ds-virtual-console

A little bummed about today's lineup. Nitot real interested in pilot wings and f zero, and I have played mario world so so so many times. I think I will buy all 6 of the other games though.

Top Bottom