• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power - June 2008

Cover : Music Games

News:

Sonic Unleashed Wii (holidays)
Time Hollow DS (August)
MySims sequel
Sam & Max
Mario Super Sluggers
Crash: Mind Over Mutant (Wii & DS)
Zubo (Wii..or maybe DS? Doesnt specify)
From the Abyss (DS)
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (Wii + DS)

Wii Channel Information:

Lost Winds (Interview)
Pop
Star Soldier
StrongBad
Potpourri
Gravitronix

Previews :

Gauntlet (DS)
Alone in the Dark (Wii)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii & DS)
Mega Man Star Force 2 (DS)
We Love Golf (Wii)
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (Wii)
Harvest Moon DS: Island of Happiness
FF Fables: Chocobos Dungeon (Wii)
Cake Mania 2 (DS)
Drawn to Life: Spongebob Edition (DS)
Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals (DS)
Bangai-O Spirits (DS)
Order Up! (Wii)
Arkanoid DS
Wonder World Amusement Park (Wii)
Line Rider 2: Unbound (Wii & DS)
Space Invaders Extreme (DS)

Reviews:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Time/Darkness (DS) : 7.5
Drone Tactics (DS) - 7.0
Summon Night: Twin Age (DS) - 7.5
Super Dodgeball Brawlers (DS) - 6.5
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles (DS) - 5.0
Top Spin 3 (DS) - 6.0
Top Spin 3 (Wii) - 7.0
Iron Man (DS) - 5.0
Iron Man (Wii) - 5.5
Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy (Wii) - 8.5
Boom Blox (Wii) - 8.0
We Ski (Wii) - 6.0

Features:

Guitar Hero: On Tour
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Rock Band Wii
Samba De Amigo
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Wii Fit
Trama Center : Under the Knife 2
FaceBreaker
Huge fucking three page spread on Etrian Odyssey 2 which looks fucking awesome

Power Profile: Takahashi Brothers

Next Month: Big updates on Ghostbusters, Sonic Chronicles and Time Hollow

soul said:
Can you post the FF Fables: Chocobos Dungeon preview?

Nintendo Power said:
The lovable Final Fantasy mascot, Chocobo, and his buddy Cid are explorers who just want to hunt for treasure, but thats all thrown out the window when the duo gets sucked into a mysterious city called Losttime. Though beautiful, Losttime holds a dark secret: the Bell of Oblivion, which rings at irregular intervals, wipes away the citizens precious memories. Through a series of strange events, Chocobo gains the ability to reassemble the lost memories by exploring a series of randomly generated labyrinths. As in similar dungeon crawlers, the top-down adventuring is fast paced but turn-based; every time you move, attack or perform an action, the enemies move as well. Unlike other games of the same ilk, this one is pretty user friendly. You get to retain your experience and level when you restart dungeons and you get to keep any equipped items if you fall in battle. The game has plenty of other nifty elements, including classic FF job classes, a forge for improving your equipment, a card-battling minigame and fantastic music that takes many cues from past FF titles.

Ok, no more transcribing. That sucked. Any other questions, ask.

(scan removed, my apologies.)

WOW, didn't the last issue get posted online on April 10th or something?

Sonic Unleashed, what does it say, and any Wii screens?!

Same for Crash and Spyro!

And what the hell is Zubu? Isn't that Zubos or something for DS by EA Bright Light?

And a 7.5 for Summon Night! Not bad, I'm looking forward to it, and that's a very satisfying score!

nightside

Hero of legend said:
WOW, didn't the last issue get posted online on April 10th or something?

Same for Crash and Spyro!

And what the hell is Zubu? Isn't that Zubos or something for DS by EA Bright Light?

this

Hero of legend said:

No Wii screens. Says the game will primarily focus on 2D gameplay. The Wii release is handled from a different group than 360/PS3. The same people that did Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure will be doing the Wii version. The Wii version will have different levels and gameplay elements.

GreenNight said:
Hero of legend said:

No Wii screens. Says the game will primarily focus on 2D gameplay. The Wii release is handled from a different group than 360/PS3. The same people that did Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure will be doing the Wii version. The Wii version will have different levels and gameplay elements.

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!

GreenNight said:

Well, that's just even more egg on ONM's face. :lol

Thanks for the rundown. Now, I dont have to renew my subscription to this now-crappy mag. Maybe if they offered something other than Phantom Hourglass guides to renewing people, they might not lose readership.

I mean, come on. The only incentive you gave me for the past 3 months was that damn strat guide for PH.

Hero of legend said:
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!

Depends how you want to read it. The exact wording is:

Nintendo Power said:
Fans who like to see Sonic on Nintendo platforms will be excited to know that the team who developed Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure has played an integral role in creating the Wii version

So whatever the fuck integral role means.

biggyfries said:
Thanks for the rundown. Now, I dont have to renew my subscription to this now-crappy mag. Maybe if they offered something other than Phantom Hourglass guides to renewing people, they might not lose readership.

I mean, come on. The only incentive you gave me for the past 3 months was that damn strat guide for PH.

I didnt even get that. But I figured $20, isnt so bad. The magazine is loads better than it was when it was run by Nintendo.

GreenNight said:
Hero of legend said:
Depends how you want to read it. The exact wording is:

So whatever the fuck integral role means.

Question is, does that mean:

1. Dimps?

or

2. The people at Sonic Team who helped with both games?

Any mention about the graphics, as ONM made that bold claim that the Wii version is the baseline version, any word on that being false or whatever in NP?

Hero of legend said:
Question is, does that mean:

1. Dimps?

or

2. The people at Sonic Team who helped with both games?

Any mention about the graphics, as ONM made that bold claim that the Wii version is the baseline version, any word on that being false or whatever in NP?

No, it doesnt say shit about the graphics just 'significant differences should be expected', when they talk about the gameplay and level design.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
GreenNight said:
Holy hell, good call SEGA, maybe Unleashed will be worthwhile for both 360/PS3 AND Wii, good stuff.
Father_Brain said:
Well, that's just even more egg on ONM's face. :lol
They still haven't got their collective eggs off their faces from every other "exclusive" story that has turned out to be false. I'm still waiting for info on red Steel 2, eh? eh? exactly.

Neomoto

The team from the Sonic Rush DS games working on the Wii version (or playing a integral rol in the development) is good news for me. These guys seem to know what they are doing.

If there is enough interest, Ill do some quick highlights on a couple when I get back from dinner. I'm not going to copy anything verbatim anymore. There is a fine line between summary and plagiarizing, and I don't want mods to ban this like they did with scans.

GreenNight said:
If there is enough interest, Ill do some quick highlights on a couple when I get back from dinner. I'm not going to copy anything verbatim anymore. There is a fine line between summary and plagiarizing, and I don't want mods to ban this like they did with scans.

Any chance you can say what the hell is Zubu for the Wii before you go to dinner?

Sadist

GreenNight said:
Interest rising for Wii version...

So that means that Sonic Unleashed for the Wii is an entirely different game.

That's good news, since it gives us two new, potentially good Sonic games to play this winter.

ethelred

Glad to have the Time Hollow localization officialized.

And I'd personally really appreciate it if you could write up some of the info from the EO2 preview.

Firestorm

So I might be buying 2 versions of Sonic Unleashed?
Actually, I gotta keep expectations low. 0 copies of the game. 0. Sega will screw this up.

Edit: Yeah I'm fairly sure that picture isn't allowed. Just subscribe people, Nintendo Power has turned things around. The magazine is pretty damn awesome now. Has been since July 2005.

Hero of legend said:
Any chance you can say what the hell is Zubu for the Wii before you go to dinner?

Cute, playful and ready to give opponents a rhythm based beatdown, the stars of EA's new adventure Zubo may not be just for kids. Yeah I misspelled Zubo. Doesnt say if it is for Wii or DS, I figured Wii cause of the screens. DS maybe?

ethelred said:
Glad to have the Time Hollow localization officialized.

And I'd personally really appreciate it if you could write up some of the info from the EO2 preview.

Anything for you ethelred. First thing on my list when I get back. I'm out now before the lady destroys me.

Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles (DS) - 5.0

ng4zdc.jpg

Amir0x

Banned

I am shocked that the Wii version is not only being handled by a different group than the 360/PS3 version, but that it will have different levels!

because obviously, those screens we saw from Sonic Unleashed seemed so plausible for the Wii version. Shocked. Shocked

(Interesting development that Wii version is being handled by the people who did Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure, the only good Sonic games in a decade.)

Amir0x said:
I am shocked that the Wii version is not only being handled by a different group than the 360/PS3 version, but that it will have different levels!

because obviously, those screens we saw from Sonic Unleashed seemed so plausible for the Wii version. Shocked. Shocked

(Interesting development that Wii version is being handled by the people who did Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure, the only good Sonic games in a decade.)

That almost assure, the Wii version being superior....

And lol to ONM for another atrocious work, now that we have the confirmation....

Top Bottom