• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Rumors Regarding Switch 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdad

This is what N4G thrives on.

Also Switch 2 being hybrid and having a Mario Kart and Metroid game isn't telling me much. That's steak and potatoes.

acm2000

obv fake

"Most first party titles Switch titles are backwards compatible. However you do need to pay a small fee to transfer titles." although that does sound very much like nintendo :LOL:

It would be easier to only post things from reliable or semi reliable sources, not a random twitter person.
I understand. The reason I posted. It has been posted by different users since July and then quickly deleted. Fun fact. Nintendo patented the name Nintendo Focus back several years ago.

I’m not saying this is true. If the rumors of the 8” screen are true, it would indicate to me that Nintendo is focusing on handheld play in the next system.

Kdad

I understand. The reason I posted. It has been posted by different users since July and then quickly deleted. Fun fact. Nintendo patented the name Nintendo Focus back several years ago.

I’m not saying this is true. If the rumors of the 8” screen are true, it would indicate to me that Nintendo is focusing on handheld play in the next system.
They patented a product name?

Also...where? https://www.gerbenlaw.com/trademarks/entertainment/nintendo/

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Come on, this is some of the laziest fake console pics we've ever seen, but OP thinks this was good enough for it's own thread?
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Mr Hyde

Some rumors I heard from my uncle who works at Nintendo

BC with Virtual Boy

Attachable monitor @540p

Power Gloves for controllers with added turbo sticks

Resurrected Miiverse

Metroid Prime 4, launch game. Contains hidden nudes of Samus Aran if you apply ABBA-code

stn

I'm calling real. Why? It seems like a lot of work to say there won't be 4K, and it does the opposite of hyping up the product and the rumor. Just a gut feeling but I'm thinking the leak is legit.

Woopah

Lol $429. Nintendo won’t launch higher than $299.
With the way the OLED is selling at $349, the successor is going to be at that price at a minimum (I think $399 is more likely).

Switch 2 is going to cost much much more to produce than the OLED does.

But is there any reason to trust Jonathan bark? What is there track record?

With the way the OLED is selling at $349, the successor is going to be at that price at a minimum (I think $399 is more likely).

But is there any reason to trust Jonathan bark? What is there track record?
I have no idea who that is. I’m just posting it.

Google with the quotations “Nintendo focus” or

Woopah

Sorcerer

Nintendo would never consider 4k until 8k is as common as 1080p in people's homes. At least a decade away for Nintendo. Nintendo must have an internal "good enough policy" concerning their customers and obviously it works for them as a business.

Last edited:

Kdad

Gonna go ecks some things on X about PS5Pro and Switch 2 and the unexpected Series Xprime and then start threads here. BRB.

Lol, the $429.99 price makes no sense for the following reasons

1 - Nintendo always sell at much cheaper.
2 - consoles never sell at such prices, it's either $299.99, $349.99 , or $399.99. Never in between those numbers

3 - $299 I believe is what it will sell at. Or $349.99 max.

This twitter post just sounds stupid and attention seeking.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
That looks super fake just based of off the “Mii maker” app. They’ve been moving away from Miis for years, and there’s no ‘app’ needed for it on Switch so why would they feel like they need it now. That’s a Wii/WiiU relic.

Last edited:

ManaByte

It’s not using an OLED screen.

cireza

Most first party titles Switch titles are backwards compatible. However you do need to pay a small fee to transfer titles
OP looks as fake as it gets, however this part might happen unless Nintendo decide to give up on a good/moderate hardware boost. And if they target a moderate boost, then hardware BC will be impossible and probably require patching games one by one, which is a service Nintendo would definitely have the customer pay for.

That's vanilla Android with some little modifications done to it. Doesn't mean it's fake, but I'd be surprised if Nintendo wasn't farther ahead with the development of this at this point. AI image generators can probably produce something like this if you know how to write good prompts.

UnNamed

Banned
Nintendo would never consider 4k until 8k is as common as 1080p in people's homes. At least a decade away for Nintendo. Nintendo must have an internal "good enough policy" concerning their customers and obviously it works for them as a business.
4K is always intended as 4K output though HDMI2.1, not 4K res.

However it's not impossibile to Nintendo to actually run 4K games on a Switch Next, something like a nextgen Mario Kart and SSB could ran at 4K since on Switch these franchise have no problem to run at 1080/60.

The only thing I can be for sure is we will never get rid of sub 720p games on the next hardware.

Last edited:

mystech

As others have said, this is probably fake.

Price wise: I can’t see Nintendo breaking the $399 barrier. Especially with the PS5 slim(ish), Series S consoles and Steam Deck targeting that price range. I think a more realistic price range considering Nintendos past and the rumored tech in this system would put it closer to $299-$349.

Release Date: It would still be too early for Nintendo to target a specific month, especially if manufacturing hasn’t started. Personally I think Nintendo will avoid the holiday season and go for a late spring / early summer release. This would also help the Switch 2 sales to not be overshadowed by the rumored PS5 Pro expected in November 2024.

Resolution: I don’t think anyone should expect native 4K out of this thing. The latest (semi credible) rumors are putting the power range around PS4 in handheld mode and perhaps near PS4 Pro in docked mode. Working with Nvidia means it should have DLSS abilities. With that in, we are probably looking at internal resolutions around the 900p-1440p range depending on the game with DLSS giving us the 4K output.

Games: This is the only part of the rumor that actually sounds somewhat reasonable but not because the rumor is credible, these things are more common sense at this point. Metroid Prime 4 has been delayed again and again. At this point it just makes sense to move development to the new system. Or maybe we get cross platform (like breath of the wild). Mario Kart also makes a ton of sense as a launch title considering we have yet to see a Mario Kart 9 and Nintendo keeps bleeding 8 Deluxe.

I wouldn’t expect any serious Switch 2 leaks until early next year.

Woopah

It’ll be $299. You’re never getting a Nintendo console with bleeding edge tech anymore. Nintendo waits and makes it so he hardware is profitable from Day 1.
Well exactly, Nintendo will want to price it higher to ensure it is profitable, especially given cost inflation.

$299 in 2017 is worth $373 today. Its highly likely that the cost for Nintendo to build a Switch 2 in 2024 will be higher than the cost to build a Switch in 2017.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
There are some really decent "rumors" (=fakes and wishful thinking) out there, but this isn't one of them

Unknown?

Lol, the $429.99 price makes no sense for the following reasons

1 - Nintendo always sell at much cheaper.
2 - consoles never sell at such prices, it's either $299.99, $349.99 , or $399.99. Never in between those numbers

3 - $299 I believe is what it will sell at. Or $349.99 max.

This twitter post just sounds stupid and attention seeking.
PS2 sold at $129 before $99 but at launch, you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom