• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Selects: 5 Wii U games coming to Europe on April 15th (TWWHD, DKTF)

ramparter

Banned
I bought Tropical Freeze when it launched on Nintendo Select in April. So this month and last month are the first time I've ever played it.

It's okay. I can't say it's the best platform ever and I can't yet see why it's praised so much. But it's okay so far.
How much did you play it thought?

Sticker Star! Finally I can see what all the hype is about. My first venture into the Paper Mario series. Can't wait.
This... Would not be my recommendation for starting point.

(This post is sarcasm. Right?)

Having played through (and thoroughly enjoyed) Undercover, I'm pondering The Chase Begins. I haven't bothered with the handheld Lego titles in the past, but given that this is a prequel, I'm a bit tempted (If nothing else, it'd be nice to see what happens prior to Undercover). Any thoughts? Is it worthwhile?

It's very limited by the hardware unfortunately. The great voice acting and jokes are mostly replaced by text, the game is barren, and from the few hours I played was a watered down version of the Wii u game. It's not bad, but I couldn't get in to it coming from the excellent Wii u game to the same thing but worse.

Also becausr of being a prequel, it had no frank honey, so that was a big step down

jonno394

Sticker Star is great, you guys just weren't happy that it wasn't in the same vein as the original Paper Marios :folarm:

Well, it sold better than the first 2 games.

Sales don't mean it's better. Launching early on in the systems life unlike the n64 game and having a much larger potential base than the GC game did half the work for it. Like, I'm 100% sure the Wii u game which is sticker star 2 in all but name will be the worst selling in the franchise, both because of lacklustre reception over time to the first game and the Wii us terrible sales.

Mr. Virus

Sticker Star is great, you guys just weren't happy that it wasn't in the same vein as the original Paper Marios :folarm:

While it wasn't an amazing RPG, I quite liked Sticker Star for what it was: an adventure game. It could have done with a bit more story and better characters, but it's not the burning pile of rubbish the internet claims it to be. Not by a long shot.

Also that soundtrack god damn.

mclem

I'm playing it at the moment, actually. I have... fairly significant thoughts on it. I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say, but I do question a number of the design decisions. I'll probably write something up in the 'completed this month' thread once I've seen it through.

While it wasn't an amazing RPG, I quite liked Sticker Star for what it was: an adventure game. It could have done with a bit more story and better characters, but it's not the burning pile of rubbish the internet claims it to be. Not by a long shot.

Also that soundtrack god damn.

Unfortunately, that's part of the problem; I love adventure games, and I have no issue with regarding Sticker Star as one - but I think a number of aspects of how the puzzles are designed are poor. And I'm passionate - and therefore very, very critical - about puzzle design.

Top Bottom