• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

Retrobox

Why would you use it though when the Switch has USB 3.0 which supports a gigabit connection.

You think it would actually make a difference whether you use a 3.0 or 2.0 USB adapter for your Internet? Console games shouldn't be so extremely taxing on the connection either way, should they?

1484086094-1573089-apparatuurtassen-hori-snap-go-protector-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-nintendo-switch-nsw-037u.jpg

That looks purdy. I want it.

Ridley327

But it gets advertized as a home console too, so it's very easy to justify. And since it can also be classified as a console, Nintendo has been the only one to consistently stick to this awful practice.

The thing of it is that I don't think any of the consoles right now can actually switch between wireless and Ethernet automatically. I don't know if that's an actual limitation, but I doubt Nintendo would be the one to figure it out if there was one.

Oooohh.....a HRAP?! I friggin' love my HRAP4 Kai on the PS4 and I definitely wouldn't mind getting an arcade stick for Switch if it has a nice selection of fighters in the future.....*cough*NintendoVsCapcomplease*cough*.

HotHamBoy

Oooohh.....a HRAP?! I friggin' love my HRAP4 Kai on the PS4 and I definitely wouldn't mind getting an arcade stick for Switch if it has a nice selection of fighters in the future.....*cough*NintendoVsCapcomplease*cough*.

That's the problem. It's probably Tekken 7. TTT2 was a Wii U launch game and Mad Cats made a TE stick for it. Outside of Pokken and Smash, TTT2 ended up being the only fighting game. Waste of money.

zewone

Am I the only one who thinks the default Switch controller looks really bad?

I have to add an additional $50 to the cost of the system to get a controller with a better layout.

Not happy about that.

If that arcade stick means MvC (either the Ultimate 3 port, or Infinite when the time comes) will come to Switch, I will be a VERY happy man.

That's the problem. It's probably Tekken 7. TTT2 was a Wii U launch game and Mad Cats made a TE stick for it. Outside of Pokken and Smash, TTT2 ended up being the only fighting game. Waste of money.

Not that it really matters to the point, but there was also Injustice, for clarity.

Was there some kind of IR thing in the bezel? Not sure why they wouldn't cover it with face plates/shells if they could, looks bad.

LKD suggested there was, to do IR pointing with the IR thing at the bottom of the right joycon but i think the patents suggest the IR thing is for other purposes

AGoodODST

Zelda stuff surely means it's there for launch.

Fighting stick is interesting. What fighter could be launching around march?

MADGAME

That fight stick implies that Hori knows about some high profile fighting game releases on Switch that we probably aren't aware of. Here's hoping that Tatsunoko VS Capcom gets a digital release on Switch's Virtual Console.....
look I know it won't happen. Just let me dream.

If TvC gets an HD port to switch...

DlRzzej.gif

Net

Zelda stuff surely means it's there for launch.

Fighting stick is interesting. What fighter could be launching around march?

It's going to be Tekken 7.

They promised the release date would be announced in January.

Perhaps two days from now?

AgeEighty

Am I the only one who thinks the default Switch controller looks really bad?

I have to add an additional $50 to the cost of the system to get a controller with a better layout.

Not happy about that.

Which one do you mean by "default"? The built-in ones, the Pro, or the Hori one in this thread?

Top Bottom