• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

careksims

Amazon finally shipped Zelda ME, Neon Switch, and the Pro Controller! Getting them tomorrow. I was surprised about the Pro Controller since originally it was slated for the 7th. Whoooo! Need to get some party food.

Seik

Banned
Holding it in my hands feels surreal.

This is the slickest, classiest Nintendo platform I ever held, imo.

My console update is stuck at 47% with 259 mins remaining? Wtf is this?

The wifi is terrible, I found that undocking it, placing it pretty much on top of the router and resetting the connection by going in and out of flight mode would get the best performance.

Copenap

First impressions. My literal first thoughts when holding it were that it wasn't as premium feeling as I was expecting from the reviews and impressions. After a few minutes it's starting to feel better as my expectations are getting more realistic. First impression on seeing the screen was that it wasn't that great. That's starting to look a little nicer to me, too. I'm used to VERY nice displays so it just took me a little bit to adjust my expectations.

The Joy-Cons....ehhhh. Definitely not as ergonomic/comfortable as I was hoping they'd be. They'll take some time, for sure, but my fingers don't seem to rest naturall on the triggers nor on the face buttons. Hopefully I'll get used to them.
How is it compared to the WiiU? On videos it looked indeed very premium.

lt519

I did it, I licked Zelda, I want vomit ugh that's awful.

But now by the law of the school yard Zelda is mine.

Dinokill

The wifi is terrible, I found that undocking it, placing it pretty much on top of the router and resetting the connection by going in and out of flight mode would get the best performance.

I just changed from 2.4ghz to 5.0 and the update took less than 30 seconds.

maxcriden

Yeah I think this is the issue for me also. Dang. Worried about what online is going to be like. My wifi is showing at one tiny bar on the Switch. Do I need a better route or something?

VanWinkle

How is it compared to the WiiU? On videos it looked indeed very premium.

It definitely feels a lot better than the Gamepad. I set it down for a couple minutes after feeling a little disappointed, started thinking, "think about the Wii U Gamepad," then picked it up again and it felt pretty darn nice. It CERTAINLY doesn't feel like a premium tablet or something, but it's nice.

Dang, now eShop isn't loading. Maybe it's late njght internet slowness or...Something.
Hopefully it works in a few minutes when I get mine. I want to download the updates and expansion pass before starting Zelda! D:

Totally hyped GS did midnight launch. Wasn't expecting one at mine at all!

maxcriden

I just changed from 2.4ghz to 5.0 and the update took less than 30 seconds.

Yeah I think this is the issue for me also. Dang. Worried about what online is going to be like. My wifi is showing at one tiny bar on the Switch. Do I need a better route or something?

Ok moving to the router made all the difference in the world. Thanks guys! How do I change 2.4 to 5?

Xdrive05

Got my Switch and downloaded Fast RMX and Snipperclips. Wow this thing is cool. Haven't even docked it yet. I'll set that up tomorrow. The handheld mode is great as it is! Fast RMX had the fan cranking for sure. The exhaust air does smell delightful!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm in KC Anand Best Buy let us all inside at 11:30... line is super slow, though.

Feel bad for you stuck in the cold. That's pretty shitty.

maxcriden

I didn't buy a case. What am I supposed to store the switch in? If my cat knocks over the dock the switch will fall right out, right? It didn't seem to be locked in.

Are there any classic games on the marketplace at all? My gf will only be interested if I can run classic marios :/

Not yet, but surely soon.

Nintendo Network!

I did the update on my console and Zelda earlier today and it took about 2 minutes.

I think it might just be the crappy wifi in the system honestly.

I didn't buy a case. What am I supposed to store the switch in? If my cat knocks over the dock the switch will fall right out, right? It didn't seem to be locked in.

Store it in the plastic it came in maybe? I do that with my 2DS.

Veitsev

Have the system ordered through Amazon but went to Wal-mart at 11:30 for a pro controller. They had systems available and plenty of accessories. Only problem is they clearly did not have a plan and were taking first come first serve and were forgetting to ask if someone had a preorder or not. Hopefully no one gets screwed, but I wouldn't be surprised.

SRTtoZ

IDK a lot of people seem to be having issues with downloading right now but yea the WIFI on the system is shit. My Switch is about 3 feet away from my router and I only have 2 bars.

maxcriden

Store it in the plastic it came in maybe? I do that with my 2DS.

I don't think it came in plastic. Just a little baggie in a cardboard insert. Maybe I can sue the dock baggie, it's sturdier. Thanks man, so glad to hear you got yours!!

IDK a lot of people seem to be having issues with downloading right now but yea the WIFI on the system is shit. My Switch is about 3 feet away from my router and I only have 2 bars.

I hear ya, me included - Zelda's finally working better now but it's slower the further it is from the router. Just wondering honestly if it's just the wifi issue or if the server's are having an issue too. Could all be down to the wifi, no?

SRTtoZ

How do the sticks on the Joycons feel? Like the Wii U gamepad's?

They feel good, a little shorter than PS4/XB1 controllers but I had no issues playing Zelda. Using the grip feels good and so does holding them individually.

Mr. RPG

I just picked up my Switch at Walmart. :)

I really hope the new Zelda is good. Skyward Sword was a huge disappointment for me. :(

vgamer1

Not reporting any joycon sync issues. Tested by moving 20+ feet away, through two walls, and turned around, and didn't have any delay or interference in System Menu or FAST RMX.

This is after I updated with joycons UNattached then rebooted console with attached.

t hicks

Banned
Ugh fuck, I think I have a faulty dock :(((( No sound coming from it at all, but theres sound in the portable mode!! Im pretty upset right now damn
Ive tried different HDMI cables and everything :(

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Any router from the last 4-5 years is probably on 5GHz.

Sucks that it's not working well at 2.4 - I'd be pissed for sure. But it is a good excuse to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom