• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Neon - 179€ for already placed orders at Amazon DE? Price error?

Fxp

Already sent e-mail asking about honoring the price. Hopefully they'll honor it if I'll mention that others got their discounted price approved by Amazon sales reps :)

EmiPrime

Amazon France cancelled the €200 2TB SSDs a lot of us ordered. Not quite the same situation but Amazon don't always honour price errors.

Felensis

Banned
GAF I was just in a chat with an Amazon.de support representative and I have saved the chat log along with screenshots from the lower price.
The guy confirmed that I will definitely get the lower price. The lowest price between pressing on the "order" button and actual delivery counts even though right now the 329 price tag is listed in my order. He said on delivery they will charge the lowest price since my preorder.

I asked him if I can reference to this very chat with him in case they charge me the old price and he said yes. So according to this guy I will get the Switch for 178,50 Euro.
We will see. If not I'll definitely will get back to Amazon with the chat log and screenshots.

Vetro

GAF I was just in a chat with an Amazon.de support representative and I have saved the chat log along with screenshots from the lower price.
The guy confirmed that I will definitely get the lower price. The lowest price between pressing on the "order" button and actual delivery counts even though right now the 329 price tag is listed in my order. He said on delivery they will charge the lowest price since my preorder.

I asked him if I can reference to this very chat with him in case they charge me the old price and he said yes. So according to this guy I will get the Switch for 178,50 Euro.
We will see. If not I'll definitely will get back to Amazon with the chat log and screenshots.

Same here.
"Worst" thing that could happen is that i have to pay 329,00 € as i already knew, when i was ordering the Switch. So, all good.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

You won. Very nice.

I am more or less at the same spot....should i chat with CS or just write them a e-mail ? Dont know if it makes a difference.

Zafir

I think the problem you'll face is it won't actually update before launch.

That feels like a generic response to me when people ask the same question on other products.

That said with proof you can try and get them to compensate you on launch. (Though they may be stubborn and refuse, since it was a mistake)

wazoo

That feels like a generic response to me when people ask the same question on other products.

That said with proof you can try and get them to compensate you on launch. (Though they may be stubborn and refuse, since it was a mistake)

The guy did not problably remark it was too low.

Lucifon

Surely their lowest price preorder promise means you still pay that lower price though? Who knows, incredible get if it pays off for those that got it!

wazoo

The problem is much higher than that.

All preorders on amazon are guaranteed to the lowest order.

What it means : "if someone get it lower elesewhere during the period, they will have to lower all their preorders accordingly".

So, if one got the Switch at 180E (at amazon or elsewhere), they will have to offer that price to all customers.

Chatted with the support.

I asked specifically about the exact price of 178,50 and she told yes, i would get it for the lower price. She´s going to note it in my Order and if for whatever reason i still get charged more i can reference the chat log. (I screenshotted it and got a log of it per mail).

Will fight for the lower price if i get charged more or just send it back when i get it.

turnipbender

Neo Member
Chatted with the support.

I asked specifically about the exact price of 178,50 and she told yes, i would get it for the lower price. She´s going to note it in my Order and if for whatever reason i still get charged more i can reference the chat log. (I screenshotted it and got a log of it per mail).

Will fight for the lower price if i get charged more or just send it back when i get it.

In the end thats only one support staff, that doesnt realy know whats going on :D.
But if you are lucky maybe that will work :)

thrake

Neo Member
Support Staff from Amazon.de told me in chat, that they have multiple requests in regards to the lower price at the moment. He told me he can't tell me at the moment that they can honour the lower price. He asked me to contact amazon again in 1-2 weeks. :(

holysan

It's written in the ToS that they may cancel the order if the displayed price is way lower than what the product costs, so better not get too optimistic.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just called CS and they told me they would honor the price since its a preorder and i had a screenshot of the cheaper price.

But yeah...i wont believe it until its here. If it works though...pretty cool.

Chatted with support. Told them I saw a price of 178,50€ this morning, now it's up to 329€ again. Asked if I'll be paying 178,50€ or 329€ once the system releases.

The person couldn't give me information because the system isn't released yet and they were currently working on this specific problem.
I'd have to contact Amazon again in 1-2 weeks, which I will do.

I have a copy of the chat protocol sent to my email.

I am pretty sure Amazon.de will NOT honor the price error, even if other support people claimed they will.
Don't get your hopes up just yet, guys.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I have my doubts they are even allowed to offer it so cheap, because they probably pay more themselves.

Hasney

I have my doubts they are even allowed to offer it so cheap, because they probably pay more themselves.

Yeah, the markup on consoles is only 10% or so, but like I said before, they did it previously with the Wii U in the UK.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'd buy it at launch, alongside an additional JoyCon set, a Pro Controller a 1+ game, at that price.

Nerazar

I will be happy for you guys if that goes through :D I just hope the grey pre-orders will also get some love, because it would be weird to deduct the price for one bundle, but not the other. 180€ is definitely a nicer price than 330€. ;)

But I don't think they'll honor that, because we are talking about potentially thousands of pre-orders sold at a loss - this mistake could easily cost millions or even tens of millions of Euros, depending on the stock they sell.

masterkajo

I pre-ordered mine with Zelda for a total of €400 and it is still showing as €400. So it didn't reduce in price in my pre-order. Also it is not available to purchase at this moment so I can't see the neon price.

dr_mario

And I cancelled my preorder last week. Well, whatever, still doesnt have 180 € and there are no games, so well, I will get it anyway at some point in the futre fot that oprice. Still feeling stupid :D

Wurst

Theoretically, going into a grey area here. Could I use someone else's screenshot and try to get it honored in chat? I haven't seen mine changed to 175€ and it's at 329€ now.

Can they see how the price of my order has changed in the last hours?

Theoretically, going into a grey area here. Could I use someone else's screenshot and try to get it honored in chat? I haven't seen mine changed to 175€ and it's at 329€ now.

Can they see how the price of my order has changed in the last hours?

I haven´t seen it change myself. I don´t have a screen. I just said i saw it :).

Still tried and according to the rep i should be charged less, but who knows.

wazoo

There is zero chance whatsoever of this being honoured, sorry guys.

As I said above.

A price mistake on a normal sale only affects the buyer. A price mistake on a preorder will affect all preorders, because all preorders are guaranteed to pay the lowest mimimum price between te moment they pay and the time of release (even if they did not benefit from the price mistake).

Furo

Just had a chat with an Amazon dude

Amazon: Dieser Preis hat keine Gültigkeit.
Nein, niemand wird diese erhalten.
Wir wussen zu dem früheren Zeitpunkt nicht ob es ein Fehler war.
Jetzt wissen wir es.
Dieser Artikel ist momentan für 329 EUR zu erwerben.
Dieser Preis gilt für alle Kunden.

So, no one should get the cheaper price (translation)

masterkajo

Maybe if you chat with them they'll leave a note on your order and have it reduced.

I just had a chat with them and they won't honor the price. They said there is nothing they could do but it seems that it was an error on their part that they won't honor. Well, I tried.

THEaaron

The reps they chat with confirmed it'll be honored though. Don't be such a downer.

They most likely meant to say "if there was a lower price our low price guarantee will kick in". But given the circumstances that price was an error and a support guy on the hotline will not have too much information about it.

Be realistic.

ecosse_011172

As I said above.

A price mistake on a normal sale only affects the buyer. A price mistake on a preorder will affect all preorders, because all preorders are guaranteed to pay the lowest mimimum price between te moment they pay and the time of release (even if they did not benefit from the price mistake).

It's a mistake on their part which they won't honour, wait and see.

wazoo

So, no one should get the cheaper price (translation)

People are constantly dreaming.

There is a difference between a price mistake on digital sales (product who in fact do not really exist) like we have on steam, and price mistakes on solid objects, where the price mistake involve losing money for the seller.

Talked with one guy in Amazon.de chat and he said it was a mistake and its gonna be the normal price.

So everyone even the ones who got promised the cheap price should expecting the full price.

oti

Banned
Just a quick PSA. Amazon does honour the price mistake. If you contacted them during the time of the price mistake and they guaranteed you the lower price, contact them again. I've heard from ~10 people that they got it. Including me.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just a quick PSA. Amazon does honour the price mistake. If you contacted them during the time of the price mistake and they guaranteed you the lower price, contact them again. I've heard from ~10 people that they got it. Including me.

This reminds me of Amazon UK and the £199 Wii U, which they did end up honouring after a lot of complaint

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
And prove it with screenshots if possible or the chat log. Also don't demand. Ask for Kulanz.
I had to ask 4 times until I got the right person to honour the price mistake.

Top Bottom