• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Fimrware update available (Ver. 2.2.0)

Persona7

Banned
I hope this update reduces the needless features.

I need a more minimalistic pleasant experience.

3GiP50E.jpg

literally what?

Zabka

Hope it it at least fixed the issue where the console won't register button inputs. I had to wait for the battery to run out before I could use it again.

Had that happen once with a joycon. Plugged them both into the dock and did a full reboot. Hasn't happened since.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well my monitor (Dell 2407WFP) is 24" with a resolution of 1920x1200 so it doesn't support 1080p on it. The Switch only lets me do auto, 480p, or 720p.

I find it odd because the Wii U was perfectly fine supporting 1080p to my monitor.

That's very strange... I hope Nintendo changes that soon!

I'm not sure if this has to do with the update but my left joycon isn't recognized when it is attached to the system. Is anyone getting this?

This just happened to me yesteday randomly when I pulled my Switch out of the dock. It's an easy fix though.

Simply unlock the Switch, slide the affected Joy-Con off, hold down the Joy-Con's sync button (located on its rail by the shoulder buttons) for several seconds until the green lights start blinking again. The controller should re-connect and then you're good to go again!

It's weird that the Joy-Con is essentially completely dead if it de-syncs. You would think it would just keep blinking and not connect, but alas, I'm sure it's more complicated than that in this situation.

Well my monitor (Dell 2407WFP) is 24" with a resolution of 1920x1200 so it doesn't support 1080p on it. The Switch only lets me do auto, 480p, or 720p.

I find it odd because the Wii U was perfectly fine supporting 1080p to my monitor.

My monitor is 1920x1200 and Switch works fine in 1080p on it.

My Switch keeps freezing (and requires a hard reset) when I connect to a new WiFi network. I hope that's fixed.

Holy crap that's a good idea! How did you make that work? I have my Xbone S hooked up to my monitor and it does 1080p just fine.

Heh... No real magic here! I had the brainstorm one day to try out the HDMI input on the OG XB1. Just launch the Switch from the TV input app and you are all set.

It's frustrating that the TV gets along with the XB1, but connects at 480p with the Switch. Only offering an auto detect mode for resolution is silly.

sirap

I'm sure I held it for a long time but nothing happened. Maybe I should have waited longer?

I experienced the same issue as well. Held the power button for a minute or so and it did nothing. Like you, I had to wait for the battery to die out. Scary shit.

iphys

I can no longer connect to wifi after this update, so I guess I'm screwed out of getting any future system updates to fix this new problem they've created, sigh.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jesus fucking Christ.

If there is anything that forces people seeinnit start in docked mode as a handheld that is connected to a TV instead of a home console you can carry around is the 720p UI... such a bad way to start the system up...

Is it region free yet?
You sound like an idiot asking this.

You can always hold down the power button for 10 secs to force it to shut down.
FWIW it's 12 seconds

I can no longer connect to wifi after this update, so I guess I'm screwed out of getting any future system updates to fix this new problem they've created, sigh.
Mine took a good minute or so to connect to my wifi after the update.

-shadow-

Curious if it just changed more about the browser. And the UI really is only 720p? I honestly hadn't noticed yet, looks just fine if you ask me.

Zedark

Had a similar issue, but it worked again after I restarted the system. Maybe you can try that if you haven't yet?

Cartho

I THOUGHT my docked mode looked abit blurry! I've set it to 1080p in the settings but it doesn't really look like 1080p to me. Maybe it's something to do with my TV? It's an older Panasonic, full 1080p and no issues on my Xbox one s...

SalvaPot

Press the power button for 7 seconds, select power options, select turn off.

Turn it on, try again. Chances are it will work now.

Have they fixed the firmware issue that prevents FAST Racing to maintain constant 1080p yet? Shin'en said it was a firmware issues that prevented it during the Digital Foundry analysis. While DF has went back to Zelda, they haven't gone back to FAST yet.

Pokemaniac

Joke all you want about stability, but this update did fix an actual bug in the settings app.

Previously, amiibos written to by some devices (for me it was my Wii U, but this seems to have not been consistent between people) showed up as having no data in the System Settings app. This gave me a lot of trouble when I was trying to import my Mii when the Switch first launched.

ajim

I THOUGHT my docked mode looked abit blurry! I've set it to 1080p in the settings but it doesn't really look like 1080p to me. Maybe it's something to do with my TV? It's an older Panasonic, full 1080p and no issues on my Xbox one s...
Na it's just the way it is. It's annoyin going from hand held looking crisp and sexy to docked and it looking quite dated.

I went through the same emotions as you at first lol

It's just the UI that's not at 1080p

Berordn

Everyone's joking but I hope this fixed the unresponsive home features I was getting occasionally.

The main menu wouldn't pop-up when pushing home and if I held it down the in-game overlay would popup, but the game would still take priority. Had to hard reboot it twice so far from that.

Not a major issue, but enough of an annoyance.

Robin64

I'd love it if it fixed the slowdown when the eShop page expands and contracts. So weird that happens.

Edit: There was no change to the browser.

QhrJqQA.png

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Who's with me on this: Dear Nintendo while you did an exceptional job with the UI, you forgot about the eShop! Please give it a makeover and bring us back that hypnotic music we all got accustomed too along with a neater presentation! -Signed many proud Switch owners

Rodin

Who's with me on this: Dear Nintendo while you did an exceptional job with the UI, you forgot about the eShop! Please give it a makeover and bring us back that hypnotic music we all got accustomed too along with a neater presentation![/B] -Signed many proud Switch owners

I also suggested an appropriate theme for it

The aesthetics are fine though. Could use some more categories and pages but it's modern looking, elegant and fast.

iphys

Press the power button for 7 seconds, select power options, select turn off.

Turn it on, try again. Chances are it will work now.

Believe me, I tried that many times, as well as deleting the wifi settings and setting up the connection from scratch, rebooting my router, but the Switch simply won't connect to it anymore. I did dig out my old WEP router this morning and it connects to that at least, but I'd rather not be using WEP.

Top Bottom