• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Firmware update available (Ver. 2.1.0)

PeterGAF

Banned
C6mK-HLVoAADw_A.jpg
That's a next gen joke

Eh, not sure if I'm going to even bother updating if it doesn't seem to change anything. Improved docked performance is definitely the biggest necessity right now.

I'm hoping we'll get info on a real update for Switch during the rumored April 1st Nintendo Direct. If anything, I'm hoping by the time Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out, we'll have another firmware update.

Schnozberry

Eh, not sure if I'm going to even bother updating if it doesn't seem to change anything. Improved docked performance is definitely the biggest necessity right now.

I'm hoping we'll get info on a real update for Switch during the rumored April 1st Nintendo Direct. If anything, I'm hoping by the time Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out, we'll have another firmware update.

A Saturday Direct on April Fools Day? Are people already getting reeled in this year?

jariw

When I inserted an microSD card 2 days ago, it said that a system update was required. I wonder if that was related.

doraemoe

Seems this update improved charging efficiency. Previously with my USB AC adapter it won't charge while I play Zelda, but now it charges.

klier

Receivers have a tendency to switch to the Switch
(lol)
even when it isn't meant to be in use. It just kind of sends a "hey, turn me on" signal every once and a while. People say they are watching TV or playing PS4 or something and then the Switch will just take over.

Not once happened this to me. Played everyday since with system came out.

Lucifon

For those struggling with the automatic HDMI switching issue (seems to vary per TV/AV Receiver) this is a workaround that fixed it for me:

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/838437421825941504

Switch the match TV power state option off:
C6K6ZBpUwAAgZtM.jpg

Apparently on new Samsung TVs it still just auto switches, and on my LG B6 it still constantly pops up the notification saying the Switch is ready. It's really irritating, but not as irritating as it auto switching I'm guessing.

pgharavi

Banned
This update added some additional system settings, added some additional granularity regarding save data mgmt, and and other things relating to archiving/deleting software. And measuring how much data a game takes and which parts take how much.

moozoom

Receivers have a tendency to switch to the Switch
(lol)
even when it isn't meant to be in use. It just kind of sends a "hey, turn me on" signal every once and a while. People say they are watching TV or playing PS4 or something and then the Switch will just take over.

For me, the switch works very well with my Samsung TV. When I turn the console on, the TV turns on (if its off) and change the input channel automatically.
To play my PS4 and WiiU, I have to change the hdmi input manually with the TV remote.

When I dock the switch, it does nothing except displaying a charge icon on the visible upper screen. It never changed channels or inputs while I was doing something else.
I'm afraid if they update the Switch to accommodate the problems people have, it will end breaking what works for me. Let's hope not.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmm, you can do that... but it doesn't work every time, somehow. :S

You cannot. You can put it into sleep mode with a controller, but to access the power menu (if you want to actually turn it off) you have to press the power button on the Switch itself.

Majine

Banned
Yes, absolutely, that's how it works. If you change it to December, you can even already play Xenoblade Chronicles 2. But don't tell anyone.

You just posted this on a forum.

You're not very smart are you? Now everyone's gonna clog up the servers downloading XC2.

You should've PMed me.

Waji

Posted it on the OT but just in case I write it here too.

I don't kow if may people have trouble connecting to internet when docked for example.
Or at least that's what I thought (even if it didn't make any sense).

It's probably already known but I understood I couldn't connect to the internet each time the Joycons were detached from the Switch.
So this signal issue is bigger than just desync, it also prevent internet connexion.

That's why I couldn't play Splatonn in any way but handheld. Took me time to get there...

Apparently on new Samsung TVs it still just auto switches, and on my LG B6 it still constantly pops up the notification saying the Switch is ready. It's really irritating, but not as irritating as it auto switching I'm guessing.

Yeah - I have turned the option off but on my LG it still pops up a notification every now and then telling me that the Switch is available.

The timing seems random too - sometimes it will pop twice within a few minutes, other times it won't pop for ages (like an hour plus).

Phoenixus

Yeah - I have turned the option off but on my LG it still pops up a notification every now and then telling me that the Switch is available.

The timing seems random too - sometimes it will pop twice within a few minutes, other times it won't pop for ages (like an hour plus).

Same here. Usually just have to take the hdmi cable out of the TV, hope it gets fixed soon.

zenspider

Somebody wanna check fast rmx, botw, and other game framerate+resolution performances? Could supposedly fix the GPU performance glitch for those games. I won't be to check for another 2.5 hours. /:

Went to a common frame drop area in BotW. Seems the same.

//DEVIL//

I wonder if this update actually close the internet browser loophole. if so I do not want to update lol. just for the hope of one day I get to homebrew on the system .

Top Bottom