• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a Cyber Security professional here. You have nothing to worry about. Wigle is very hit or miss with residential SSID's and is useful for footprinting the wifi hotspots around potential pentesting targets, which are rarely in residential areas, if ever.

Also there's the bit where you did absolutely nothing wrong.
That profession + GAF name combo :)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Let's stay grounded in reality now that Caipirinha is not around to bring us back down to earth

Relax everyone

Yep. It's unfortunate, but we must think of not getting too excited. As the master of zen Caipirinha taught us, the chances of this thing to make Nintendo relevant again to teens and kids are extremely low, so we can't be happy for our own sake. Do not get happy to see stuff about this system, just wait for Breath of the Wild on PS5, even if it could've perfectly been a PS2 title, since it doesn't do anything different from any open world title released in 2008.

OCD Guy

This looks an awful lot like a TN panel to me. Please tell me I'm wrong.

By all accounts it's an IPS panel they use. It's easy to tell by the viewing angles, simply tilting it would show if it's a TN panel as the viewing angles are shit.

But Nintendo have been known for the panel lottery, look at the 3ds.

One thing I did spot regardless of panel, is backlight bleed at the top of the screen. I hope mine doesn't have too much

This looks an awful lot like a TN panel to me. Please tell me I'm wrong.
By all accounts it's an IPS panel they use.

But Nintendo have been known for the panel lottery, look at the 3ds.

One thing I did spot regardless of panel, is backlight bleed at the top of the screen. I hope mine doesn't have too much
It's IPS and Nintendo have a single display supplier for the entire launch batch of consoles.

Everyone should get a great display, bar the standard number of defects.

Lgndryhr

They have no rights to, hiphop isn't under any NDA.

If they block his Switch then he just returns it under warranty

He didn't do anything wrong so they shouldn't do shit to his Switch.
He legally purchased the console and he's not under any NDA.

They aren't going to go through the trouble. It's conceivable but it would do more harm than good.

My concern is more for the retailer at this point. I'm sure he can get around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom