• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look along here (sorry for the crap arrows). It's on the first video here https://vid.me/oQkO During the white screen I can literally see the strip of edge lighting

backlight_bleed.png

I see you definitely live up to your username, considering the posts you've made in here

duckroll

I mean, I think it has to. I don't think Nintendo is that incompetent. But yes, I see what you're saying.

There's been enough speculation, assumptions, guesswork, and whatever from previous threads though. There's no need to engage in more of that for anyone if a person who actually has the unit right now is gracious enough to just check and answer this question once and for all!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
There's been enough speculation, assumptions, guesswork, and whatever from previous threads though. There's no need to engage in more of that for anyone if a person who actually has the unit right now is gracious enough to just check and answer this question once and for all!

Dig into the GAF Mod fund and call up a Lyft for him to the 5 nearest hotels and food chains with free wifi.

ViciousDS

Banned
auto sleep is available while playing media content......thank fuck

Microsoft still can't even seem to fucking include this option. I fall asleep with the TV running at night and love to have my PS4 auto turn off after about an hour of not touching the controller. It's a god send for saving data when apps like crunchyroll don't let you turn off auto play.

Red Devil

auto sleep is available while playing media content......thank fuck

Microsoft still can't even seem to fucking include this option. I fall asleep with the TV running at night and love to have my PS4 auto turn off after about an hour of not touching the controller. It's a god send for saving data when apps like crunchyroll don't let you turn off auto play.

Huh... Now that you mention it, what do they mean by "media content"?

bomblord1

Banned
I have no idea where this actually originated form but I'm seeing people discussing IGN having an old Demo build of Zelda on their switch? Is this from this thread?

Cuburt

Huh... Now that you mention it, what do they mean by "media content"?

Well it can't mean Blu-rays or DVDs or recorded gameplay video or eshop video (the last 2 likely don't go on long enough to make it worth a separate option from normal auto-sleep mode). Unless Nintendo is planning on selling digital movies through the eshop, they are preparing for streaming content.

Every single thing about this system looks completely uninspiring to me. The giant black borders around the screen remind me of the first generation iPad. I feel like the controllers look annoying and uncomfortable. The battery for portable mode is ridiculous. Zelda is the only game I'm interested in, and even then only mildly.

I fear that Zelda will be like Far Cry 4 meets Skyrim, which is a very good thing, but I've had those experiences before. Assuming I'm wrong, and it's a literally 10/10 modern classic, I still don't want to pay $360 + tax for a system that doesn't appeal to me for one game. I have a very bitter taste is my mouth from multiple generations of crappy Nintendo hardware with terrible U.I.

It just seems like this version of the Switch is a beta test for early adopters. The online is still a mystery and what we do know is not good. It's launching barren and featureless. I also feel like we'll see a Swtich XL with a better screen next year, and maybe with a pack-in game or lower price. So for me personally, I'm waiting it out this time.

OCD Guy

The battery for portable mode is ridiculous. .

Battery life is where we're at with the technology. Whether it's a gaming laptop, handheld, or tablet, the reality is they don't last on full load for more than a few hours.

Nintendo could have made the device bigger to fit more battery, but it would be called even uglier than it is already, or made it even less powerful but look at what people are saying given the current spec.

Plus as far as I know we've not got any context for battery life. There are lot's of variables, Wi-Fi enabled, screen brightness, and of course the game you're playing. Nintendo have given a guideline for a game like Zelda but again ZERO context.

Metroid

Battery life is where we're at with the technology. Whether it's a gaming laptop, handheld, or tablet, the reality is they don't last on full load for more than a few hours.

Nintendo could have made the device bigger to fit more battery, but it would be called even uglier than it is already, or made it even less powerful but look at what people are saying given the current spec.

Plus as far as I know we've not got any context for battery life. There are lot's of variables, Wi-Fi enabled, screen brightness, and of course the game you're playing. Nintendo have given a guideline for a game like Zelda but again ZERO context.

I think you are in the minority with finding the Switch ugly.

OCD Guy

I think you are in the minority with finding the Switch ugly.

I don't personally find it ugly at all. It looks slick, especially for Nintendo. It's leagues ahead of what they've ever created in my opinion.

Yes it's not Apple slick, but it's also not priced like that either.

My comment was aimed at those calling it ugly, the same way my comment about power was aimed at those calling it underpowered.

I have no idea where this actually originated form but I'm seeing people discussing IGN having an old Demo build of Zelda on their switch? Is this from this thread?

I saw on Reddit that they tweeted the splash screen showing the retail version is "12s"

Which was the same one shown in the Treehouse footage last month. Not sure if anyone on gaf is talking about it.

EDIT: Nevermind, 12s is the demo unit and they don't have the retail version yet, see below.

I saw on Reddit that they tweeted the splash screen showing the retail version is "12s"

Which was the same one shown in the Treehouse footage last month. Not sure if anyone on gaf is talking about it.

The retail version is 1.0.0. IGN just had meetings with Nintendo reps, that wasn't a review unit (I believe someone clarified that in the thread about review units). So the splash screen was the Switch demo based on E3 code.

Not

Banned
GUYS PLEASE ANSWER THIS

:D

Do the Internet settings have a dialogue box browser that let you confirm terms and conditions for public wi-fi like on mobile?

PLEASE PLSEAE PLEASE PLEASE

GUYS PLEASE ANSWER THIS

:D

Do the Internet settings have a dialogue box browser that let you confirm terms and conditions for public wi-fi like on mobile?

PLEASE PLSEAE PLEASE PLEASE
I have no clue. I would have to take it to a Starbucks or something to find out. There was no indication of one when connecting to a home network.

The retail version is 1.0.0. IGN just had meetings with Nintendo reps, that wasn't a review unit (I believe someone clarified that in the thread about review units). So the splash screen was the Switch demo based on E3 code.

Oooh thanks for the correction! Sorry if I misled anyone.

So review copies may not have gone out yet like I assumed they did. Hmmm I wonder when they will...

hiphoptherobot can you post pics of all the available user icons if you don’t mind? Would be great to see all options. Also any indication of buying more icons or themes from the eShop? Maybe something in the manual? Also look in the manual for any day one update details of an Activity Log. I know its not happening at this point but still. .:(

If you can check these things that'd be great, but if not don't worry anout it. I bet your being asked a million questions already XD.

The worst part about Other M being the last major Metroid game released in the last six or so years is the fact that we always have to be looking at Samus' dinky armor from that game whenever Nintendo decides to actually reference the series again.

Fuck that, give me back her Super Metroid/Zero Mission design. Put some muscle back into it.

samus_trans.png

Or, alternatively, the Prime design.

samusvariaref.jpg

hiphoptherobot, you've done the world a solid today. Thank you!

If you're taking requests, I would love to know how much the box and its contents weigh in total. If you don't have a scale to measure it or don't want to bother, the weight might be included on the shipping label of the box in it came in, or on the tracking details page on the company website that delivered it.

I ask because I use mail forwarders to receive international orders and they charge me by weight, also the weight plays a role in calculating import tax fees once it's arrives in my country. Being able to calculate/estimate those costs beforehand is very helpful to people in my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom