• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WadeitOut

He had to know it was stolen. I work retail and if you scan on scan in a item that isn't up for sale the register wouldn't allow the purchase and if you somehow are able too your be fired on the spot.

http://kotaku.com/the-guy-who-got-the-xbox-one-early-isnt-banned-for-lif-1461593586

People have gotten consoles early from retailers before. The seller could have easily just told the people who bought them that Target or someone shipped them early by mistake.

Again though, time to move on.

The Switch, in my opinion, has had the craziest lead up to a launch ever starting from when Iwata announced it as NX back in early 2015 at the DeNA meeting. lol I can never get over the "fake NX" leak. God it was so crazy and rumor after rumor. Then you had Nintendo being so quiet and people losing their minds.

The Switch, in my opinion, has had the craziest lead up to a launch ever starting from when Iwata announced it as NX back in early 2015 at the DeNA meeting. lol I can never get over the "fake NX" leak. God it was so crazy and rumor after rumor. Then you had Nintendo being so quiet and people losing their minds.
Yes, going to miss this shit. Lolol

Smellycat

Yeah it has been a crazy ride! I can't believe we are less than 2 weeks away. I didn't think the Nintendo Wii launch would get topped in terms of craziness, but this one takes the cake lol

Hale-XF11

JuvbeEM.jpg

mtlieBU.png

Nintendo runs gaf, confirmed.

The only way this story makes sense to me is if HipHop is in gaming press or the person who gave him the Switch is in gaming press and there is an NDA involved that has been broken.

I do not believe the "fell off the back of a truck" story.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The only way this story makes sense to me is if HipHop is in gaming press or the person who gave him the Switch is in gaming press and there is an NDA involved that has been broken.

I do not believe the "fell off the back of a truck" story.

Don't then. Why does everyone care so much to "out" the guy, when we pretty much already know the story anyway. Can't you move that to Detective Reddit if you must?

Don't then. Why does everyone care so much to "out" the guy, when we pretty much already know the story anyway. Can't you move that to Detective Reddit if you must?
Why do I care? Because I am fascinated by modern society's need for attention and need to be first, even at the expense of reputation and laws (in the gaming press scenario).

The guy did a public thing, so people are going to publically talk about it.

Why do you care what I think and why are you trying to control the discussion?

Why do I care? Because I am fascinated by modern society's need for attention and need to be first, even at the expense of reputation and laws (in the gaming press scenario).

I bet he's the guy that sold it to him and he's trying to cover his tracks!!!

goldenpp72

I think the question is what do you really gain by trying to out someone at this point. If nothing else, we got all the information we could get out of this situation on the hardware side and that's cool. I say leave well enough alone, dude already lost money which is enough. Our society still hasn't moved passed the mentality of throwing people to the lions, we just do it differently now :/ The only reason I even partook in this was because as usual, Nintendo haters jumped on as 'wow as usual Nintendo goes and steals a console lolol', but as long as everyone knows no real wrong was done by them, I think it should be left be.

now here is something to think about

does that mean switches are already shipped and sitting in retailer stock rooms?

Totally. It's out in two weeks, it's very very rare for a company to ship stock like the day before release. When I worked at Lego we'd get new sets in weeks before their street dates with "DO NOT PUT ON SHELF BEFORE XX/XX DATE" tape on them, Apple ships their stuff early and even if we don't know what's in the boxes leaks happen because someone says they got a shipment of something with "DO NOT OPEN" tape on it. No Man's Sky leaked weeks before its release because it was just sitting in the back room of Best Buy. Stores have to enter stock numbers and get everything ready in their systems so stuff always ships early and sits in the back room.

I don't think any one here is entitled to an explanation. HHR's circumstance doesn't impact GAF members in any negative way.

kizmah

Wow this story sure took a turn. Now my suggestion from yesterday feels even more apropriate.

hiphoptherobot
Just some poor soul
(Today, 11:53 PM)

I think the question is what do you really gain by trying to out someone at this point. If nothing else, we got all the information we could get out of this situation on the hardware side and that's cool. I say leave well enough alone, dude already lost money which is enough. Our society still hasn't moved passed the mentality of throwing people to the lions, we just do it differently now :/
Being a curious person about details is wanting to "throw people to the lions" now is it? Lol.

Please show me where I asked for this person's real name.

Kadin

Totally. It's out in two weeks, it's very very rare for a company to ship stock like the day before release. When I worked at Lego we'd get new sets in weeks before their street dates with "DO NOT PUT ON SHELF BEFORE XX/XX DATE" tape on them, Apple ships their stuff early and even if we don't know what's in the boxes leaks happen because someone says they got a shipment of something with "DO NOT OPEN" tape on it. No Man's Sky leaked weeks before its release because it was just sitting in the back room of Best Buy. Stores have to enter stock numbers and get everything ready in their systems so stuff always ships early and sits in the back room.
Worked for Apple Retail a few years back and at the time we'd get in new products the day of or the day before - never earlier than that. It might be different now but we certainly never got them early, early. One day at the most.

Nintendo's own spin on achievements, I like it.
I would love this way more than trophies or some number to show off to people to say "look how much bigger my number is than yours".

I feel like if they do achievements it should be like this to "hey you beat the game? Cool, you get a free theme of that game or hey you beat the game on hard mode under 6 hours you get this cool item for your Switch".

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Nooooo, this switch was going for a teardown! What have you done, HipHop?!

The lesson here is to just keep quiet and enjoy your switch. If you buy something clearly stolen goods you're culpable if you're found out but that'd be hard to argue in this case so at worst you'd still just lose the switch.

SgtFlowers

Neo Member
There's a reason the other thread was closed.

The witch hunt thing is a very bad look and we should give it a rest now.

Agreed Gino

Hip, I'm sorry to hear what happened. Thank you so much for the early look at the Switch, It's helping me and I'm sure others hold over while we wait for it to come out. Again I'm sorry to hear about the result of this and I hope things work out man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom