• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Update Ver. 4.0.0 Live! Some video capture, transfer profiles/saves

Save transferring is nice, but how does it work? If it just means a 3DS-style system transfer, that's not really solving the problem of being unable to back up your saves.

Transfer is not backup, obviously. Hopefully online backup of saves starts with the paid online service.

Ummmmm, you guys? I had a Switch from when it came out and got rid of it.

I'm using a new Switch with the old SD card and my old pictures are now on my Switch.

I don't think they were there before 0.0

Cerium

Doctre81

They could clarify it a bit better, I think they mean that It can add the 30 seconds before hand to your video you are about to record. But I honestly aren't sure.

Only 30 second clips would be a bit weak, but it is all you could do with Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U...

Yeah but not smash bros.

I hope you don't have to hold down the button the entire time. How are you supposed to play the game at the same time to capture those moments.

Crayolan

Video capture, even in small intervals, is a very good feature.

So apparently it's your LAST 30 Seconds from hitting the button. Not the 30 seconds after. Huh.

(I've never used video capture on a console, don't hurt me if this is the norm)

That sounds better to me, that way if something cool happens you didn't expect you can still get a recording.

DMdhh9QUQAAPBh2.jpg

4 and 3 hours played for my games instead of "a little while"

shows 1 hour or more for one of my games so this is great

shiyrley

Banned
You know what would be nice

To not be eternally cursed with japanese news on my feed because I downloaded a japanese demo once.

Other than that, awesome update.

Majine

Banned
The new News app design is much better. Actually sorted articles instead of the re-arranging crap before.

Much easier to gauge what is new.

Not

Banned
Can you backup save data online yet?

Once this thing gets Netflix and a browser, I'll probably be taking it with me a lot more places

So apparently it's your LAST 30 Seconds from hitting the button. Not the 30 seconds after. Huh.

(I've never used video capture on a console, don't hurt me if this is the norm)
I personally like that. I am more likely to record something that just happened to me than to premeditate a scenario.

ryushe

Right before Mario. Smart.

Also, while recording is great, the megatons is the new pre-purchase and transfer saves option.

Weird its not every game but glad its the most important games (imo).

But no Youtube really? Please I don't care about twitter/facebook. I need youtube. :/

Also odd that SMO didn't get support.

Also preloads? PLEASE HAVE IT FOR SMO!!!!

centracore

It looks like the 4.0.0 update 'reset' my News Channel and got rid of all the Japanese articles that were stuck in there from when I changed my region to download MHXX, awesome!

OryoN

So we can finally back up our files? I've been weary at the mere thought of all my hard work in Splatoon 2(especially my "perfect" gear) being lost due to corrupted data. Gonna do a transfer ASAP.

Edit...
Nope. Transfer. You can't backup or copy data, only move.

You need another Switch
Well, that's current limitation still sucks then. Thanks for clarifying.

Why is video capture at the game level instead of system level?
More control over potential spoilers in newly launched games, I suppose.

Atheerios

So we can finally back up our files? I've been weary at the mere thought of all my hard work in Splatoon 2(especially my "perfect" gear) being lost due to corrupted data. Gonna do a transfer ASAP.
Nope. Transfer. You can't backup or copy data, only move.
Do you need another Switch to transfer saves? Or is it switch to computer, computer to switch?
You need another Switch

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Just about fits the timeline of the transfer function being added to the 3DS. Good to know if I ever mangle my Switch somehow I can easily transfer my content to a new system.

Kouriozan

In the news section, there is one about the video capture with 4 video, and one of them is about Helix in ARMS, pretty funny.

Top Bottom