• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch - What accessories do I need?

As others have mentioned - Screen protector, carrying case, Pro Controller, USB C cable or spare AC adapter.

But I'd also like to add this:

41gUnbt9OVL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NASY99Z/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Great way to store your game cards if you plan on travelling with your Switch.

The official carry case is pretty decent, it comes with a standard screen protector which I find to be decent enough and the case doubles up as a more sturdy stand and its designed in such a way that you can charge the Switch whilst in tabletop mode too!
This is what I have and really enjoy it.

Also considering the pro controller too. But man that's a lot to spend on a controller.

All you REALLY need to begin with is a Switch and a copy of Zelda. That's all I could afford, and I put 150 hours into Zelda without feeling like I needed to buy more accessories.

If you plan on playing Zelda in TV mode primarily, then you might consider buying a pro controller. BUT they are expensive, and more of a luxury than an essential purchase.

WesFX

Neo Member
Just got mine 4 days ago.

I still need a screen protector.

But other than that.....I have a second controller built in, had a 16 GB card left from previous use with my 3DS (stacks with internal memory), and I have a laptop bag that has served me well in carrying portable devices for years. No new purchases necessary.

I guess I'll need a games case eventually, and have my fingers crossed that more controller support is added for wired connection. I have no doubt the Pro controller is comfy, but boy do I think that think lacks style. Gonna wait as long as possible for alternatives.

Glass screen protector. The Switch screen is cheap plastic and this gives me peace of mind. Best $8 I spent on the system.

Case if you plan on taking it with you on trips. I do.

Memory card if you're going digital, if not save the money. I'm 100% digital.

Pro controller. I picked up two since we do four player Mario Kart and I'm not wild about the joy-cons. Expensive but great controller. I'd suggest one of you don't like the grip setup.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Fuck. I tried with 2 screen protectors and messed up both trying to be perfect with no bubbles.

Money down the drain. Just buy another set I guess. Dammit.

Top Bottom